Nurse Nasty

The Nastiest Nurse in Silent Hill

2 Proposals For Model Ripping

Post by Nurse Nasty on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Hey,

I just had an idea; There's a Playstation 1 emulator for the Dreamcast called "Bleem!", and if SH is compatible with it, that might allow a capture of the geometry and therefore allow us to rip the models.

Otherwise, if that doesnt work,

Can someone explain to me whats actually being done in this video? Is the guy simply swapping the models by changing the animation references and overwriting HERO.ILM?

Thanks,
NN

PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Nurse Nasty wrote:Hey,I just had an idea; There's a Playstation 1 emulator for the Dreamcast called "Bleem!", and if SH is compatible with it, that might allow a capture of the geometry and therefore allow us to rip the models.

Yes it is compatible with bleemcast, but won't work on pc dreamcast emulator. If it will, no model ripping is possible anyway. There is some reasons for that, like there is no any "Z axis" in 3d graphics of playstation games, all models will be ripped completely flat or distorted as hell.

Here is the only correct solution:
viewtopic.php?f=3335&t=436504&p=7651419#p7651419

Nurse Nasty wrote:Can someone explain to me whats actually being done in this video? Is the guy simply swapping the models by changing the animation references and overwriting HERO.ILM?

video is the part of my thread here, read it (will be updated): viewtopic.php?f=3335&t=436503&p=7651587#p7651587

Nurse Nasty

The Nastiest Nurse in Silent Hill

Post by Nurse Nasty on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Bleem doesn't add that Z-Buffer? Damn. If we can do camhacks, why not try to capture the models from the exact front and sides?
Oh that's nasty.

PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Nurse Nasty wrote:why not try to capture the models from the exact front and sides?

because early 3d from old games is nothing more than illusion of 3d technically, lol
---
about that tool for sh models, quote from author:
CharlesM wrote:Don't worry, I'll definitely release the tool and documentation. I've been writing open source software for years now and have always shared my work with the public for free. This project won't disappear. And if I lose interest or stop development, I'll release what I currently have so other people can pick up where I left off.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm

I know it´s not the same, but, have you tried to play the game in ePSXe with ¨Line Mode¨ enabled?

You can make an exact replica of any level of the game using G.Sketchup.
Build the level with squares of 1Mtx1Mt and use the line mode in ePSXe as a reference.
This is a quick test made in G.Sketchup and Vray

==================================
Image Image Image
==================================

Mercury

Post by Mercury on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:07 pm

^ Great idea! I've been toying around with the idea of recreating parts of town in the Tomb Raider Level Editor and that would be a massive help.
ya fuckin rite

Sparagas

Post by Sparagas on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Giromancy wrote:I know it´s not the same, but, have you tried to play the game in ePSXe with ¨Line Mode¨ enabled?

You can make an exact replica of any level of the game using G.Sketchup.
Build the level with squares of 1Mtx1Mt and use the line mode in ePSXe as a reference.
This is a quick test made in G.Sketchup and Vray

REVEAL SPOILER

unfortunately only outside, sewers and some small areas have 1x1 meter squares. Insides have smaller squares which are an unidentified size (aprox. 1/3 size of 1 meter). Whats why Hospital and School don't have size legends, and town and sewers maps - have.
Let's make SILENT HILL just PLAIN SCREAM

PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Giromancy wrote:You can make an exact replica of any level of the game using G.Sketchup.

This is fresh and creative idea! Sure SH models have minimum of polygons, so it will be easy to rebuild by yourself. Nice tip

Sparagas

Post by Sparagas on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:16 am

PaulSilentin wrote:
Giromancy wrote:You can make an exact replica of any level of the game using G.Sketchup.

This is fresh and creative idea! Sure SH models have minimum of polygons, so it will be easy to rebuild by yourself. Nice tip

Actually SH2 and 3 are also made from 1x1 square meter planes (I guess 4 too, and even maybe SH0, but don't have info). Sometimes I wonder if SH1 is made on the same modified engine.
Let's make SILENT HILL just PLAIN SCREAM

Return to Silent Hill1 Modding