nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Silent Hill 1 Modifications?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 am

Tanshaydar wrote:Hi all;
I was just playing Silent Hill 1 and I saw languages in the options menu. It has German, French and so on.
Is it possible to change one of these languages? I mean is it possible to make a language hack?

There is no Silent Hill 1 mod, exporter ect. AFAIK.

you would need a program to edit the thing with, I've tried several with no luck, I have trouble making thing import the file back into the ISO copied to my hard drive without crashing.

Tanshaydar wrote:Yeah, me too :) Yesterday I did something and my iso file doesn't work anymore. I'm downloading another PSX iso now. But I found some ppf patches and a Russian language hack. So, I see it's possible. I'll try it harder.

ImageImageImage

Johnny_Doe

Silent Hill 1 Modifications?

Post by Johnny_Doe on Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 am

I think it's based on hex editing. The trouble is that the pointers in SH are pretty hard to find. I remember HoRRoR talking about how difficult it was for him. For me it's like learning Chinese. Let's just say that you have a standard font for the languages, and you have hex values which make words in different languages. The most painless thing you can do is editing the text considering the length of the word, otherwise it crashes. As for the Russian translation, which is perfect in my opinion, because I am a translator myself, I know that HoRRoR took a lot of time searching for a way to expand the length of the text strings. I'm not a programmer so I can't describe it properly, sorry.

Return to Silent Hill1 Modding