ilufir

Silent Hill model viewer

Post by ilufir on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Johnny_Doe wrote:Thanks a lot. Too bad the program was abandoned.

You are right, but guy has his job&life. It's his decision. But it's good that he's ready to publish it as it is.

PaulSilentin

Silent Hill model viewer

Post by PaulSilentin on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:24 pm

ilufir wrote:But it's good that he's ready to publish it as it is.
I agree. Even if it has no graphical user-friendly interface, don't worry about it, we can use it anyway. I can try to help with writing text/video tutorial if he has no time for it.

Alessa'sRevenge

Tears of darkness

Silent Hill model viewer

Post by Alessa'sRevenge on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:19 pm

I'll be happy if it can export the textures, that would make everything much easier!

LisaGarland

Silent Hill model viewer

Post by LisaGarland on Wed May 17, 2017 7:25 am

Don't mean to bump this thread - but has anything actually materialised about this program - is it available to download somewhere?

I managed to extract all the SH1 game data from the PSX disc - but I cannot find any program to open any 3D assets (level maps, characters, items etc) and can only seem to open the texture TIM files.
Can anyone help me out at all?
I noticed SH Wikipedia seems to have these 'no fog' screenshots of key areas in the game - which looks awfully similar to the SH2 and 3 viewer (black background etc)

EDIT: I found these sites - someone created Xploder Codes for EPSXE so you can have no fog and a zoomed out camera - yet I can't find these codes anywhere online..
I found the code by someone named ReeceMix but they said the codes probably won't work with a standard NTSC or PAL image.
Someone else managed to rip an entire section of SH2 - but again, no real info on how they achieved such a thing :(

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10812 (image shows no fog and new camera reference shot)
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 2&start=30 (discussing the code Xploder cheat)

I guess the only person I can contact would by Giromancy..
"I won't tell a soul. Promise. So please...."

Kunzt

Silent Hill model viewer

Post by Kunzt on Sat May 20, 2017 6:20 pm

LisaGarland wrote:I found these sites - someone created Xploder Codes for EPSXE so you can have no fog and a zoomed out camera - yet I can't find these codes anywhere online..
I found the code by someone named ReeceMix but they said the codes probably won't work with a standard NTSC or PAL image.

In my case, I'm playing a first person version without fog, using Cheat Engine 6.4 on ePSXe 1.9.0 with a USA version of the game.

LisaGarland wrote:Someone else managed to rip an entire section of SH2 - but again, no real info on how they achieved such a thing :(

I actually ripped the whole SH2, and SH3 now. I mentionned it in the descriptions of my youtube videos, i've been using SH 234 Level Viewer, 3DVIA Printscreen and KoichiSenada 3dsMaxConvertXml.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IL_YDa-uyg

Previous

Return to Silent Hill1 Modding