Post photos, info, or links to things you want to buy, sell, or trade. Exchanges between members are private transactions and are not managed by silenthillcommunity.com. See rules before participating. Discussion of merchandise also goes here.

Ichi Sumeragi

Looking for info : SH1 promo disc (NOT FOR SALE)

Post by Ichi Sumeragi on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Hey SH fans,

I'd like to be a fan, but I'm too frightened to play any of those games alone. :D

I do have some games though, and I found this promo disc last year. I think it is just a regular promo disc (with the full, identical retail game on it) but I can't find many info. If you guys happen to know anything I don't, feel free. ;)
Sorry for the owl picture, it somehows flips it when I upload.

Also, I don't know if the image is up somewhere (if it's of any interest), but if you want it I'll try to upload it.

Additional notes:
- NOT FOR SALE, I don't even know if this has much value or not and I'm keeping it either way
- Sorry if I'm in the wrong section. :?

Thanks !

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

I can't read the number in your pic, but is it this?
http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lostrel ... eur-promo1
ImageImageImage

Ichi Sumeragi

Post by Ichi Sumeragi on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm

It is. Thanks for the link :)

I've already seen that link though, I didn't knew if I could believe it but as you're linking it, that's probably a nice reference.

Do you happen to know where did they found the 1000 copies thing though? Also, if I can have a quick pricecheck (again not for sale, just for personnal information) :)

Thanks a lot !

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Yeah, no idea about that, sorry. I imagine it would be worth whatever collectors were willing to pay for it.
ImageImageImage

Anders

Do not approach.

Post by Anders on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 am

The 1000 copies thing came from a Sony rep who more or less said they usually had 1000 promos made for PS1 games, but I was not able to ask any follow up questions as this came via a (reputable) friend of mine. I don't even remember which branch the Sony rep was in, if I ever knew. I don't like to use unverifiable information, so I'll probably remove this text whenever I get around to it.

Even if true, I am sure it varies from publisher to publisher, and from game to game. I am pretty sure it's not more than 1000 though. Use it as a ballpark figure if you will.

This disc was almost unheard of until a few years ago, when I finally got mine. I don't remember exactly. 2010? 2012? I paid $100-150, I cannot remember. I think the price was pretty high for the next couple of discs sold, but a fair amount has surfaced since then, and now I don't think you would get $100 if you tried to sell it. Actually, probably far below that.

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade and Merchandise discussion