Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

MurphyPendleton

Don't Call Me Cupcake

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by MurphyPendleton on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 am

This is the only game of the series I haven't played yet and I was wondering if it was even worth playing/buying.

Borg

Ghost

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Borg on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 am

I have no idea, I didn't play it myself, some people don't even plan to play it, but people who did said it was fun.

PEACETALKER

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by PEACETALKER on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I've played some of it, and it's alright. I'll say to you what I said to my friend the other day, it's by no means a system seller but the vita has some neat games and stuff and if you want to pick it up for some of those games this one could be fun. If you have a vita and money to spare and don't feel like playing one of the many other better games for the vita this is a fine purchase.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

Alex Townshend

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Alex Townshend on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 am

7.5/10

Doesn't feel like a SH game, not scary, long load times, passable plot.
But it does have some addicting RPG action.
If you do get it, get the DLC too because it makes the game a lot fairer.

Mercury

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 pm

I heard it's a really fun dungeon crawler. From what I've seen, the story seems silly and terrible though. Try to judge it more for its gameplay.
ya fuckin rite

Pyramid_Heart

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Pyramid_Heart on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:15 am

The story is just Tomm's Deathnote fanfic, I think...

Silenthill4life

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 am

I haven't played it. Just watched it on youtube.
From what I saw it doesn't feel like a typical SH game. More like an anime if you will.
I felt like it was just an experiment to see if co-op gameplay could be a profitable element in SH gameplay.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Oohfakanorus on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 am

If I ever decide to get a Vita, I'll buy the game. From what friends have told me who have played it, it is a Dungeon Crawler (Ah! But I've hardly ever played any Dungeon Crawlers!) and not that bad/A bit crap depending on mood of the player.

I haven't played it for myself but felt it didn't deserve to be used as a bat to hit Tomm. The only thing that fucked up in 2012 was the HD Collection. Oh and the film.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Silenthill4life

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Oohfakanorus wrote:
I haven't played it for myself but felt it didn't deserve to be used as a bat to hit Tomm. The only thing that fucked up in 2012 was the HD Collection. Oh and the film.

This,
I actually didn't experience any problems with the HD collection. The only thing annoying I found about the HD collection was why they let Troy Baker be the voice of James Sunderland!

Pieramid_Head

The Pie to Rule All the Pyramids

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:

This,
I actually didn't experience any problems with the HD collection. The only thing annoying I found about the HD collection was why they let Troy Baker be the voice of James Sunderland!

I think Troy Baker is a really good voice actor (Farcry 4) but I think he was badly casted and badly directed for the role.
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Silenthill4life

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:30 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:

This,

I think Troy Baker is a really good voice actor (Farcry 4) but I think he was badly casted and badly directed for the role.

Agreed, he elevated Pagan Min's character to a whole new dimension with his VA. It sucked how greatly underutilised he was though.
REVEAL SPOILER
Pagan hardly had any major in-game appearances, but spent most of the time communicating to Ajay via the radio.

Pieramid_Head

The Pie to Rule All the Pyramids

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:02 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:

This,

Agreed, he elevated Pagan Min's character to a whole new dimension with his VA. It sucked how greatly underutilised he was though.
REVEAL SPOILER
Pagan hardly had any major in-game appearances, but spent most of the time communicating to Ajay via the radio.

Couldn't agree more. The biggest let-down for me was the lack of cutscenes with Pagan Min in them. He was such a good character, and so well voice-acted, but he hardly ever showed up!
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Silenthill4life

Is This Game Worth It?

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:10 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:

This,

REVEAL SPOILER

Couldn't agree more. The biggest let-down for me was the lack of cutscenes with Pagan Min in them. He was such a good character, and so well voice-acted, but he hardly ever showed up!

Pagan could have been as popular and iconic (perhaps more so) than Vaas from far cry 3, but he didn't because of the lack of cutscenes with him in the game.

I certainly hope they redeem his character with a dlc.

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories