Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Avianna

Dirty Dirty Cosplayer

General Question About Wildcard Items

Post by Avianna on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:14 am

I've found some 'Wildcard' items in shops. Are they randomly placed into shops? Or, if I go back to the same level will they always be there. I ask because I saw one I REALLY WANTED but didn't have MR for. Before I go through the zone again trying to find which shop it was in, I just want to know if its even gonna be there.
Just because I don’t agree with you on something, doesn’t mean I don’t respect your opinion.
ImageImageImage

Deroxor

Post by Deroxor on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:05 pm

umm when an item appears in the shop, its usualy there from that level, onward.

Avianna

Dirty Dirty Cosplayer

Post by Avianna on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 am

Deroxor wrote:umm when an item appears in the shop, its usualy there from that level, onward.

Not true of "Wildcard" items. I saw the
REVEAL SPOILER
Sewer Fairy
wildcard Artifact in a Light Zone once. I went back through the Light Zone last night and I could not find it in any of the shops again. This makes me think that Wildcard items have a tendency to only show up occasionally.

BUT! This also means I answered my own question :P
Just because I don’t agree with you on something, doesn’t mean I don’t respect your opinion.
ImageImageImage

Deroxor

Post by Deroxor on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:10 pm

umm, you havent made it past lvl 21 have you??

and i thought you where talking about Wildcard Weapons.....

cuz i dont know what a wildcard artifact is..... Something that gives you an intelligence boost???

and are you sure its called sewer fairy??? cuz ive the only 2 artifacts ive got missing from my list seem to be a horseshoe, and a book of some sort and there isnt an artifacted called sewer fairy....

Avianna

Dirty Dirty Cosplayer

Post by Avianna on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:11 am

When you start the game and you don't have any weapons or artifacts yet, the items in the Artifacts or the Weapons lists are just shadows. Some of them are Black, but at the end of the list some of them are red. The red items (weapons or artifacts) are known as 'Wildcards.'

Unlike normal weapons (Baseball Bats, Knives, Shotguns) Wildcard weapons don't show up in shops all the time and only show up randomly. The same with Artifacts.

And I think the Sewer fairy artifact goes by a different name. Its called a Fairy Pendent (http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/632693-silent-hill-book-of-memories/images/gs_screen-1) But the item its self looks like a fairy holding two pipes. One is Silver and the other is Gold. Its a reference to an Easter Egg event that happens in Silent Hill 3.

I'm gonna try to take a photo of what I mean tonight

UPDATE!

I have noticed that items like Shotguns and Assault Rifles now show up in stores regularly. However, things that were originally Red before I bought them do not show up in stores all the time. For example. I'm in the Blood Zone and even though I have a Princess Wand, it does not show up in the shop. It does, however, sometimes show up in the levels. I originally bought it in the Light Level for 13k from a store. That store no longer sells it.

I hope this makes sense.
ImageImageImage

Deroxor

Post by Deroxor on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Ok, Firstly, those red shadowed items aren't necessarily wildcard items (some of them are though, like the chainsaw)
What that red means is that those items are the Downloadable Content (DLC) Artifacts and Weapons from the Book of Memories Expansion Pack
REVEAL SPOILER
(That crossbow is considered a projectile weapon, the pillow, and the black guitar are melee weapons)
http://mysilenthill.com/silent-hill-news/review-silent-hill-book-of-memories-expansion-pack/

And Secondly, Wildcard Refers to the weapon Class, and there being 3 weapon classes. Projectile, Melee, and Wildcard

Wildcard weapon damage is controlled through Intelligence (INT), and Defending against wildcard attacks is Controlled by Mind (MND)

now with that out of the way, keep going through the game Zones. After Zone 21 items will appear in the shop permanently.

I find that repeating the lower level Zones isn't really useful unless you need to make some quick MR or fill-up on items without buying them.

Ive replayed fire Zone 2 like over 130 times just to fill-up on health, tools, and ammo and to grind for MR. But other than that, repeating Zones doesn't get you anywhere because when your character levels to a certain point, monsters stop giving experience, until you go to higher Zones to start fighting Higher level enemies.

I'm not too sure what Zone it is when the fairy pendant gets put in the shop, but its been at the shop in my game since i downloaded the expansion at Zone 37 (I'm starting on Zone 88 currently)

Oh and any Zone after 21 has a chance to get that artifact, or any other artifact by completing Valtiels missions.

the missions are random and the worlds are random, with the exception that every 3rd Zone ,after Zone 21, has another higher level boss fight.

hope that helps.

Avianna

Dirty Dirty Cosplayer

Post by Avianna on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks! I get it now.
ImageImageImage

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories