Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Borg

Ghost

I heard this game is retconning stuff

Post by Borg on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Because the creator said so.

If I create a game series and make a couple of spinoffs for that series, then decide one spinoff is canon that doesn't mean other spinoffs are canon.

If I said that one game, let's call it umm....Granke..it's weird but just follow me. So, I said Granke is canon and then said the reasons why it's canon etc. that doesn't mean other spinoffs are canon, no matter how much fans may insist on that. I never said anything about other spinoffs being canon, even if some of those spinoffs build on canon (as you claim, I never played Orphan or Arcade).

Arsenic13

Partner

I heard this game is retconning stuff

Post by Arsenic13 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Regarding the game's DLC and canon.

REVEAL SPOILER
There are notes by Michelle that might suggest that SM has actually happened, but perhaps as an alternate timeline due to events from a Book of Memories.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories