Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Fredrick2003

Poison Traps...

Post by Fredrick2003 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Anyone have any idea how to deal with poison traps? The only times I died in this game is when I step on these and get smacked by an enemy before I can tap my first aid kit.

Its pretty frustrating.

Ashley

Crazy Princess

Poison Traps...

Post by Ashley on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm

The best thing to do from my experience is if a room has the blue orb that you to hit to make the enemies appear, is to run around it first and see what/if any traps are there. If its just a regular room enemies though... then it gets tricky... sometimes I see enemies walking around with poison as soon as I enter a room, so I know its there, other wise its luck I guess :/

Another tip that I read on gamefaqs (and this one is pretty useful) is that if you up your agi stat( I think it wast this stat) you will have more of a grace period before a trap effects you when you step on it. I think its true too, as I can walk across a poison trap without being poisoned now, I have to actually be on it for a second or two before I get poisoned now. And yeah, I agree it was definitely frustrating for me. Especially in the water world.

poorjack

Poison Traps...

Post by poorjack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm

I like to lure enemies over poison traps. It helps a lot.

Matt S

Poison Traps...

Post by Matt S on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:18 pm

This is the ONE aspect to the game that drives me bonkers;get to the end of a zone, then hit one of these traps - in turn, you die! ARGH...save points are not always placed in a very convenient location
why hello there...!

Fredrick2003

Poison Traps...

Post by Fredrick2003 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Matt S wrote:This is the ONE aspect to the game that drives me bonkers;get to the end of a zone, then hit one of these traps - in turn, you die! ARGH...save points are not always placed in a very convenient location

How do the save points work exactly? I've saved and died before but I always seem to spawn just at the save point and all the monsters are back again.

poorjack

Poison Traps...

Post by poorjack on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:27 am

every time you die, your map saves, but monsters respawn, even quest monsters, but you don't have to kill them again thank the god.

Tomm

Special Guest

Tomm Hulett, WayForward

Poison Traps...

Post by Tomm on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm

There are two good options when you end up on a Poison Trap -
1) Use a health pack. That should give you enough health to survive until the effect wears off.
2) Use the Flash Freeze Ability to stop every enemy in its tracks. Then run far away and wait for the effects to wear off.

If your INT is ~8, you should have enough time to run straight across the Poison Trap without its effect hitting you. At that point it's only dangerous if you stop on it.

dawnclover

The Halo of the Sun

Poison Traps...

Post by dawnclover on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

These Poison Traps are the worst... They don't make the game more challenging, they just make it cheaper. Sure, it's a good strategy to lure enemies into it, but seriously, 1HP? I'd understand enough to get at least 1 hit, or divide your current health in half, or remove 80%, something like that. But 1HP is cheap.

The only times I died in the game were like the following:
- Go inside a room
- There are monsters in the room
- Take 1 step, get poisoned
- Get attacked immediately
- Lose about 1 hour of progress

*sigh*

The save points don't help, they should appear roughly around the middle of the dungeon. I've had instances where I've found the save room with only 2 rooms left to explore.

These are my biggest complaints on the game. When I spend an hour on a dungeon and can't find a save room only to step into a poison trap without any time to either heal or use the flash freeze ability before getting hit, I instantly turn the game off and lay it down for the day. It's way too frustrating.

It's a shame, because other than that (and well, I'd really like more "story" - cutscenes etc) this is my favorite game on the Vita, and it's hella fun.
There was a hole here.
My Indie Game Development Team: http://www.indemonai.com/

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories