Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Fredrick2003

Post if you got it!

Post by Fredrick2003 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Just got back from Gamestop with my reserve copy. Going to enjoy this delicious burger while my Vita updates and hopefully play some memory book.

Avianna

Dirty Dirty Cosplayer

Post if you got it!

Post by Avianna on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Oh wait, you meant Book of Memories... I don't have a Vita yet...

I WANT A VITA!!!! ;_____________;
Just because I don’t agree with you on something, doesn’t mean I don’t respect your opinion.
ImageImageImage

poorjack

Post if you got it!

Post by poorjack on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I'm vegetarian, so no hamburgers for me, but I am getting BoM this afternoon.

Matt S

Post if you got it!

Post by Matt S on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Got it as soon as Gamestop opened; enjoying it very much. I am offline due to a relocation but will try to play some online in the next week or two

Final game feels a little bit more polished than demo......like the flying creature in the first level - that was a nice surprise

Got that crazy mask again - as soon as I can eqp it, I shall....LOL

I wish more people would give this a chance...I am really digging it. I play games to 'play games' not some historical document in the world of Silent Hill.......
why hello there...!

Fredrick2003

Post if you got it!

Post by Fredrick2003 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 pm

poorjack wrote:I'm vegetarian, so no hamburgers for me, but I am getting BoM this afternoon.

There are some pretty amazing veggie burgers out there, don't deny the burger love ~

Matt S wrote:Got it as soon as Gamestop opened; enjoying it very much. I am offline due to a relocation but will try to play some online in the next week or two

Final game feels a little bit more polished than demo......like the flying creature in the first level - that was a nice surprise

Got that crazy mask again - as soon as I can eqp it, I shall....LOL

I wish more people would give this a chance...I am really digging it. I play games to 'play games' not some historical document in the world of Silent Hill.......

What I like about Silent Hill games is that they usually function as both.

The game is great but I am getting my shit slapped right now so I think I either need to go back to previous areas and upgrade something or change my tactics.

poorjack

Post if you got it!

Post by poorjack on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Ok, I went to BK and got a veggie burger and ate it. Then I went to gamestop to pick up BoM. Got the last one in stock. Good to see it is selling well. We have a huge SH fan base here in Utah.

Playing the game, and it is pretty great. Though I wish the puzzles were more involved. The Family Tree one in homecoming was amazing! If that piece of a game can have such a great puzzle, why can't this one that is actually fun?

Fredrick2003

Post if you got it!

Post by Fredrick2003 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 am

poorjack wrote:Ok, I went to BK and got a veggie burger and ate it. Then I went to gamestop to pick up BoM. Got the last one in stock. Good to see it is selling well. We have a huge SH fan base here in Utah.

Playing the game, and it is pretty great. Though I wish the puzzles were more involved. The Family Tree one in homecoming was amazing! If that piece of a game can have such a great puzzle, why can't this one that is actually fun?

I would like more variety in the puzzles, I don't know about the end zones but the puzzles at the end of the levels have been pretty similar so far.

But this game is very well put together, any complaints like that are just thinking out loud.

dawnclover

The Halo of the Sun

Post if you got it!

Post by dawnclover on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 am

*jelly*

I ended up not importing mine for a very dumb reason: I really *hate* that American cover :F aw well 17 more days of torture. Thank God I have a project to finish to occupy my time. That, and Dishonored. Go ahead, keep saying how awesome the game is, make me feel the pain.

/drama mode off

Keep posting those impressions :)
There was a hole here.
My Indie Game Development Team: http://www.indemonai.com/

Tomm

Special Guest

Tomm Hulett, WayForward

Post if you got it!

Post by Tomm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:48 am

Hey Fredrick,

I'm glad you're enjoying the game :) The end-Zone puzzles are designed to be quick mental exercises that provide a nice MR boost for anybody taking the time to solve them correctly. Since the game has to move a little quicker in multi-player, these aren't that complex once you develop an ear for the clues.

The "big puzzle" is the story system, and it's a doozy. Keep collecting notes and you'll eventually start to see what's going on.

Ashley

Crazy Princess

Post if you got it!

Post by Ashley on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 am

I got it yesterday before work! I'm currently in the wood world. I like the game a lot, these dungeon crawly kind of games are my kind of game. I"m still figuring out how the story system works, and I think I'm just starting to realize the blood/light/steel element system (maybe? maybe Im' not figuring it out just yet, but I have just become aware that some weapons have these attributes! :P) Wood world is kicking my butt, but thats to be expected of these kinda games!

Right now I have a cute little mission that I will post in a spoielr box....
REVEAL SPOILER
I'm guiding Mira to safety! You know, the Dog from the dog ending! :D I thought that was real cute hehe

ALso Needlers are butt munches in this game :P Especially when there is more then one. *Takes advantage of slow traps* I didn't play the game online yet mostly because I am still getting used to the game.

Also something funny that happened while playing:

REVEAL SPOILER
So I beat the butcher and later Valtiel gave me the butchers weapon, and when I whacked a needler with it, it just.... EXPLODED and I couldn't help but laugh irl :P :P :P Awesome weapon! Its my personal needler killer.... it seems to rip right through their defenses :)

dawnclover

The Halo of the Sun

Post if you got it!

Post by dawnclover on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Heh, I've got a 50$ card for the US PSN, I might cave in later and get this.
There was a hole here.

Matt S

Post if you got it!

Post by Matt S on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Hey all - anyone that plays or has created this bad boy:

I am on Derek's 3rd Zone - when you quit the game it allows you to go back to old zones that you've completed

Question: Is there a reason I would want to go back to old zones? I notice you get stats that says something like 'story/mission complete' and 'end boss/battle complete y/n'

Do we get boss battles each zone or just certain ones? In the demo I battled butcher - in actual game nada yet

Related to story: does it get a bit more explained? Thus far, we know that our character gets the Book of Memories from the Post Master - our character has looked at it - and says we can change stuff.....and then our character falls asleep and enters this dungeon style game?

Now, I am a little unclear as to our character's motivation? Is that gone into in greater detail? I mean, I am about an hour in maybe?

Thanks guys

Congrats to everyone that made this one. Its my fav Vita game so far - and I've beaten the Uncharted one. Kudos.

PS I still hate Konami though
why hello there...!

Tomm

Special Guest

Tomm Hulett, WayForward

Post if you got it!

Post by Tomm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey Matt -

Well it depends. You can go back to old zones to level/grind if you feel the current Zone is too difficult. You could also do that if you wanted to get more story notes (you will get "Derek" notes in "Fire" zones only, for example). However, after Zone 21 everything randomizes so you'll run into Fire zones again after that point. It's really up to you.

Story - as you collect notes and listen to the TV broadcasts it will eventually click. All you need to know is the start of a chapter you will pick up a note as you enter the Zone. This sets a basic premise for that chapter. After you defeat the boss you'll get a note detailing the results.

If the rest of it isn't clicking, I'd recommend waiting until you have a lot more notes/broadcasts (maybe after beating the Light Guardian), then going into your Book menu and looking over all the notes/broadcasts you've seen to that point. It will make sense eventually.

Maki

Post if you got it!

Post by Maki on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 pm

poorjack wrote:Ok, I went to BK and got a veggie burger and ate it. Then I went to gamestop to pick up BoM. Got the last one in stock. Good to see it is selling well. We have a huge SH fan base here in Utah.

What family tree puzzle? I don't recall that at all.

Matt S

Post if you got it!

Post by Matt S on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Tomm wrote:Hey Matt -

Well it depends. You can go back to old zones to level/grind if you feel the current Zone is too difficult. You could also do that if you wanted to get more story notes (you will get "Derek" notes in "Fire" zones only, for example). However, after Zone 21 everything randomizes so you'll run into Fire zones again after that point. It's really up to you.

Story - as you collect notes and listen to the TV broadcasts it will eventually click. All you need to know is the start of a chapter you will pick up a note as you enter the Zone. This sets a basic premise for that chapter. After you defeat the boss you'll get a note detailing the results.

If the rest of it isn't clicking, I'd recommend waiting until you have a lot more notes/broadcasts (maybe after beating the Light Guardian), then going into your Book menu and looking over all the notes/broadcasts you've seen to that point. It will make sense eventually.

Thanks, Tomm - I appreciate the help and comments - zone 21?!?!?! HOLY COW!!!! THis is not a small game it seems - awesome.

I figured the story was going to become more clear as you progress....I must say that the game really does make you want to re-explore areas as there is more to it than I originally thought....love the breakable tables as well in the game

I finally got to eqp my GIMP MASK too - LOL - not sure what it does stat-wise off my head, but makes my character look like she belongs in Silent Hill

Tomm - save me that game dude - !!!!!!! I shall be online tomorrow night (barring any tech issues with ISP)!!!
why hello there...!

dawnclover

The Halo of the Sun

Post if you got it!

Post by dawnclover on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Aw well, I caved. Downloading now!

If it's worth it (the demo made it feel like it!), I'll buy the european version when it gets a bit cheaper, for the sake of my physical collection of all things Silent Hill. :)
There was a hole here.

poorjack

Post if you got it!

Post by poorjack on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:48 pm

rollerfan222 wrote:What family tree puzzle? I don't recall that at all.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Foundi ... ies_Puzzle

poorjack

Post if you got it!

Post by poorjack on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Hey Tomm! I like the game play, but still not entirely satisfied with the explanation in Note 6
REVEAL SPOILER
how can all the characters of Silent Hill have shared dreams? It says it happens between people who are close. And is this your way of saying Silent Hill experiences are just a dream?

That being said, the game is pretty great. Has me addicted.

Ashley

Crazy Princess

Post if you got it!

Post by Ashley on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Just tried my first multiplayer session. Did 2 zones with two nice guys. It was a lot of fun! They were nice peeps, waited for every one to be present before moving on/killing, we even shared loot perfectly. It was really fun! I was a bit disapointed that the game I joined was the -only- game going on though... I hope the community gets bigger soon!

It was a litle hard to hear the guys I played with over voice chat, but thats nothing messing with the sound effect and music volume in options couldn't fix. THe game ran really smooth online too, no lag or stutters.

Tomm

Special Guest

Tomm Hulett, WayForward

Post if you got it!

Post by Tomm on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 pm

hey poorjack - I said Note 6 KIND OF touched on it :)

Wait for the later notes.

Next

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories