Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Are you excited?

Yes I am
23
21%
Not excited but intrigued
42
38%
God No!
33
30%
Don't care
12
11%

Total votes : 110

 
 

asdf

Member

Posts: 353

Joined: Aug 15, 2012

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 pm

2.we all know they don't care so no hoping for that every happing but then again I really don't care if it comes or not

3.I was also talking about how they have different type of scare or element of horror

4.it just shows how much at risk this series is coming to at this point. they go all out for a spin-off nobody wants but a main game(which was all right game) with little to no advertisement for it.

5.so loosing fans and having poor sales and ratings is ok. I don't think they been doing all that great you can say it my opinion but look up sales on past games and review and you'll see patterns and comments about book of memory's I'm not making this up let's say if there 500 comments and 90% of them are negative that what it looks like I haven't seen a single good comment while reading them and there is a lot more than 500 comments a lot more.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Naroon

Member

User avatar

Pillman's got a gun!

Posts: 5326

Joined: Mar 29, 2011

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:48 pm

I never said bad sales and ratings were "okay", so don't put words into my mouth, man. Ratings also don't really matter since at the end of the day, it's just some guy or gal's opinion. I've enjoyed tons of games that received mediocre or worse ratings from random reviewers.

What it comes down to is, Konami pretty much doesn't give a shit about any of their games. Only the developers do (various external devs, Kojima Productions, etc.)
Image
 
 
 
 
 

asdf

Member

Posts: 353

Joined: Aug 15, 2012

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 am

NarooN wrote:I never said bad sales and ratings were "okay", so don't put words into my mouth, man. Ratings also don't really matter since at the end of the day, it's just some guy or gal's opinion. I've enjoyed tons of games that received mediocre or worse ratings from random reviewers.

What it comes down to is, Konami pretty much doesn't give a shit about any of their games. Only the developers do (various external devs, Kojima Productions, etc.)



You said they did a good job and didn't really fuck up but the sales and ratings show different and I don't mean reviews from ign or gamespot I mean like user ratings.and I played a few lower rating games but I can't say I like them
Obscure was ok but I did like the concept of two player co-op in a horror game

-I can see your point but also think about this the batman games and movie before they were done horrible I mean no one had hope, they could ever do a good movie or game but years later we were proven wrong cause the right director came and did the new batman movies and the right developers came along.and made the New games and now there a must play and received high ratings making the impossible, possible and I like both and own them too and to be honest that what I want to happen to silent hill the right person come along
 
 
 
 
 
 

Borg

Member

User avatar

Ghost

Posts: 6606

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Are You Excited ?

Post by Borg on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:46 am

And yet, there are people who like the newer games, hell, some say they're as good as the older ones.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Princess Kenny

Member

User avatar

The fairest princess in all the land.

Posts: 3908

Joined: Jun 21, 2010

Location: United Kingdom

Are You Excited ?

Post by Princess Kenny on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:35 am

devil hunter wrote:And yet, there are people who like the newer games, hell, some say they're as good as the older ones.


I would say Downpour is on par with the older ones personally.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.
 
 
 
 
 

Otherside

Member

Posts: 146

Joined: Jun 26, 2012

Are You Excited ?

Post by Otherside on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:12 pm

A bunch of letters that don't mean anything, almost as if he thought a nickname wasn't really important to what he wanted to do here. Horrible grammar, even though he said English is his first language. Argues with everyone while presenting his opinion as fact, and practically ignores what other people have to say, repeating the same flawed arguments over and over again.

REVEAL SPOILER
Image
 
 
 
 
 
 

Naroon

Member

User avatar

Pillman's got a gun!

Posts: 5326

Joined: Mar 29, 2011

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Otherside wrote:A bunch of letters that don't mean anything, almost as if he thought a nickname wasn't really important to what he wanted to do here. Horrible grammar, even though he said English is his first language. Argues with everyone while presenting his opinion as fact, and practically ignores what other people have to say, repeating the same flawed arguments over and over again.

REVEAL SPOILER
Image


I lol'd, but yeah, that about nails it.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Adam_WF

Special Guest

User avatar

Adam Tierney, WayForward

Posts: 36

Joined: Apr 10, 2012

Are You Excited ?

Post by Adam_WF on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:33 am

Wow, lively discussion. Anytime I see people complaining about BoM on SH forums or on Facebook, they usually do so 'knowing' what the game is all about. But it's really just a lot of misinformation and assumptions. Just because the game has a different camera perspective doesn't mean it won't have all the components of a traditional SH game. When it comes out next month, I think the skeptics (at least those willing to try the game or read the reviews) might be surprised at just how true to the series the game is. It just requires a little trust and patience.

what wrote:Seems to me that the only people mad about Book of Memories are the people who would never play the game in the first place.

:D
 
 
 
 
 
 

Floodclaw

Member

User avatar

Posts: 3583

Joined: Oct 13, 2006

Are You Excited ?

Post by Floodclaw on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 am

Adam_WF wrote:or read the reviews


I wonder how many reviewers are gonna give the game a fair chance rather than assume the worst and go into it thinking it'll be terrible.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Alppu90

Member

User avatar

Posts: 52

Joined: Jan 11, 2010

Location: Finland

Are You Excited ?

Post by Alppu90 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 pm

This the only Silent Hill I don't care about, at all. Well, I bought PSP because of Origins at the time it was released. Now, recently I bought PS3 because of Downpour.

No way that I'm going to buy a PS Vita because of this, lol. And the idea of this game is just... not interesting. And that's just my opinion. :P I'll MAYBE buy this if it comes to PS3 or PC, and only with a low enough price...
"The lock is broken. I can't open the door." - The doors of Silent Hill
 
 
 
 
 

clips7

Member

User avatar

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Posts: 2341

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by clips7 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm

If the game is dropping next month, there should be vids of this thing all over the net to garner some type of interest. You just can't drop new pics or vids a few days before it drops. I'm not saying go crazy with it like the current RE6 craze..(i've seen so much of that game that i'm not even excited for it anymore)...but with all of the criticism towards BOM, i think it'd be wise to drop some current builds of it.

This thing has been on a bit of black out since Downpour dropped....
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...
 
 
 
 
 

asdf

Member

Posts: 353

Joined: Aug 15, 2012

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 am

Otherside wrote:A bunch of letters that don't mean anything, almost as if he thought a nickname wasn't really important to what he wanted to do here. Horrible grammar, even though he said English is his first language. Argues with everyone while presenting his opinion as fact, and practically ignores what other people have to say, repeating the same flawed arguments over and over again.


kinda of like how your words are just a bunch of letter that don't mean anything,why does it matter what i use as my nickname i don't go all out because someones else ususal comes up with the ones i want to use and i dont like to put a 234879 behide it so yea that why i have this nickname,i admit my grammar ain't the best,not presenting my opinions as facts but i dont see anybody doing any type of explaing it same thing after samething cause they provide no proof or even logic that makes sense. hell some one tried to use the book of memories on me which is funny cause it help me more than them.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Borg

Member

User avatar

Ghost

Posts: 6606

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Are You Excited ?

Post by Borg on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 am

asdf wrote: i dont see anybody doing any type of explaing it same thing after samething cause they provide no proof or even logic that makes sense.


WHAT?! People explain you stuff ALL THE TIME.You're the one who writes the same things over and over again, like you're ignoring what people wrote. People also give you proof and you're the one one who doesn't give logic that makes sense.

Seriously why are you lying?
 
 
 
 
 
 

jacobia

Member

User avatar

Miss Poppy Brown

Posts: 1114

Joined: Apr 09, 2012

Location: United Kingdom

Are You Excited ?

Post by jacobia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 am

clips7 wrote:I'm not saying go crazy with it like the current RE6 craze..(i've seen so much of that game that i'm not even excited for it anymore)...but with all of the criticism towards BOM, i think it'd be wise to drop some current builds of it.

Ugh, tell me about it! I've purposefully avoided all the recent RE6 stuff (bar it's initial promo) so that it'll be more of a reveal and fresh when I come to play it. As for BoM, the last bit I read about it was Destructoid's Jim Sterling's very positive piece regarding his hand's on with the game. He's a fan of the SH series, thinks SH2 was absolute perfection, was very pleasantly surprised with Downpour (he reviewed and scored it 8/10), and appears to have avid readers that hang on his every word. Obviously this should only be good for BoM's sales.
It isn't a dream, you only heard yourself
The means of your life, create and melt
In front of you, beneath closed lids
The path to freedom, Nirvana, here sits
 
 
 
 
 

SilentHill01

Posts: 37

Joined: Aug 29, 2012

Location: Ireland

Are You Excited ?

Post by SilentHill01 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:47 am

i wouldnt agree with anyone on the fact that it will always be better on a big screen, smaller screen ok. But everyone knows that playin any silent hill game on a much smaller screen would obviously reduce the experience my opinion but its obviously the truth. These vitas look brillant but smaller screen equals less of an experience as say downpour on hd or 3d tv
 
 
 
 
 
 

TeamSilent4Life

Member

Posts: 309

Joined: Apr 03, 2012

Location: United Kingdom

Are You Excited ?

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:26 am

Admittingly Im more excited for it now thn I was initially after seeing Jimquisitions take on it http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Other-Name

As long as BOM is a spin off of sorts im content (which it clearly is). SH games are unique from 1 another each with their own protaganist & I admire that. The game doesn't look too bad after seeing more gameplay. The skeptic in me would prefer another DP fitted to a portable experience but nevertheless its different & could be interesting.
Be my little Rock 'n Roll Queen
 
 
 
 
 

clips7

Member

User avatar

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Posts: 2341

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Location: United States

Are You Excited ?

Post by clips7 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:41 am

TeamSilent4Life wrote:Admittingly Im more excited for it now thn I was initially after seeing Jimquisitions take on it http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Other-Name

As long as BOM is a spin off of sorts im content (which it clearly is). SH games are unique from 1 another each with their own protaganist & I admire that. The game doesn't look too bad after seeing more gameplay. The skeptic in me would prefer another DP fitted to a portable experience but nevertheless its different & could be interesting.



I saw that vid which showed clips of the game in action, and while i'm still sure this game isn't for me, i hope it does well.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...
 
 
 
 
 

TeamSilent4Life

Member

Posts: 309

Joined: Apr 03, 2012

Location: United Kingdom

Are You Excited ?

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Im excited when I discover a lady I like. That excites me. BOM doesn't excite me, merely intrigues me. If it was a fully fledged SH experience tht'd get my tongue waggin :p.
Be my little Rock 'n Roll Queen
 
 
 
 
 

PEACETALKER

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1002

Joined: Sep 10, 2012

Are You Excited ?

Post by PEACETALKER on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I don't have a vita so its more or less off my radar. I do hope it does well though and that it is actually a good game though i'm disenchanted by the fact that it reminds me a lot of those Marvel Alliance games in terms of gameplay.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN
 
 
 
 
 

ClokPuzzel4Lyfe

User avatar

Posts: 41

Joined: Sep 13, 2012

Location: Liechtenstein

Are You Excited ?

Post by ClokPuzzel4Lyfe on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Image
TwinPerfect is the greatest time. Stay classy!

"I got some bottles in the caddy that we can open up.
Let's get drunk tonight, baby we don't have to fuck"
- BrokeNCYDE's "Freaxxx"
 
 
 
PreviousNext


Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests