Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Are you excited?

Yes I am
21%
Not excited but intrigued
38%
God No!
30%
Don't care
11%

Total votes : 110

Floodclaw

Are You Excited ?

Post by Floodclaw on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:02 am

I think you mean 'underlying', asdf.

asdf

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:08 am

Samething underline,underlying
you know what done let's see how this project handles Im willing to bet money were it goes

SilentHill01

Are You Excited ?

Post by SilentHill01 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:11 am

I dont see it doin well silent hill has never been a co op game not sayin it couldnt. But on a small vita screen just seems like a complete waste to me just looking forward to downpour will have it soon

Otherside

Are You Excited ?

Post by Otherside on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:18 pm

And asdf just ignored everything I said, continuing to complain about the same things... :roll:

rollerfan222 wrote:Theres no case in arguing with asdf.

Yeah, I see that now.

asdf

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:01 pm

You didnt say anything?

-I said done meaning im done with this thread continue on with this thread i finished with saying I bet where the game is goin so done and no reasoning with me there no reason with you guys so done also is silent hill arcade playae can you own it or buy it no has anyone playef it so stop using that and the cellphone games as proof of spin off nobody can play them
Last edited by asdf on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:04 pm.

TeamSilent4Life

Are You Excited ?

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:33 pm

I have a Vita. My advice would be to wait until Christmas. By then the price may have dropped & the software will be significantly stronger in AC, LBP, Sly Cooper, PS All Stars & even *cough COD. Its a beautiful system.

The screen quality is gorgeous. Games, Youtube, movies are all in HD & look stunning. Killzone is also coming & u can expect a GOW, Gran Turismo & InFamous.

The technology alone justifies the price. Oh & u can play SH1 on it! 8-)
Be my little Rock 'n Roll Queen

SilentHill01

Are You Excited ?

Post by SilentHill01 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 am

can u not connect your vita to the tv my main problem is the small screen plus i will need to buy vita and game and vitas are pretty expensive :(

TeamSilent4Life

Are You Excited ?

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 am

SilentHill01 wrote:can u not connect your vita to the tv my main problem is the small screen plus i will need to buy vita and game and vitas are pretty expensive :(

No u can't. Why would u want it on ur tv? Thats what ur console is for man 8-). The Vita's screen pops out at u, its console quality graphics. I have Rayman & it honestly looks no different from the console version.

Regarding price, like I said wait till around Christmas/January to see if theirs any developments. SHBOM doesn't drop till next year so theres plenty of time to save if u really want 1. Uncharted & Rayman are the best games on the system, I recommend a bundle with 1 of them. Or u can get the Assasins Creed bundle this Christmas that comes with a white Vita :).

what

From behind the veil

Are You Excited ?

Post by what on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:11 am

I won't even think of owning a Vita until they are jailbroken and a decent amount of homebrew emulators exist.

Mercury

Are You Excited ?

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 am

what wrote:I won't even think of owning a Vita until they are jailbroken and a decent amount of homebrew emulators exist.
True that. My Wii gets a lot more use after installing homebrew.
ya fuckin rite

jacobia

Miss Poppy Brown

Are You Excited ?

Post by jacobia on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 pm

TeamSilent4Life wrote:Assasins Creed bundle this Christmas that comes with a white Vita :).

Cool, I'd have a white Vita and I really enjoy the AC series and will want to play SHBoM. Didn't know about this bundle so thanks for posting :)
It isn't a dream, you only heard yourself
The means of your life, create and melt
In front of you, beneath closed lids
The path to freedom, Nirvana, here sits

SilentHill01

Are You Excited ?

Post by SilentHill01 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

ye i might get it lets see how shbom does gonna be very strange with muliplayer. like silent hjill multiplayer how silly does that sound i can only hope iget proved wrong.

TeamSilent4Life

Are You Excited ?

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 am

I would have appreciated a portable version of DP tbh, with a different protaganist & features to fit the Vita. BOM looks like Dead Nation & all that other dungeon crap..

asdf

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm

to be honest if this was on the psn network and xboxlive to download for 10$ or 5$ im pretty sure no one would get mad but trying to sell it on a new gen handheld that cost almost as much as a console and then charge 40 or 50 dollars for the game it will hurt the sale and series and possibly hurt possibility of any future games installments

Borg

Ghost

Are You Excited ?

Post by Borg on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm sorry, but I find that post ridiculous. People would get mad because they made a game for a new console? It's better to just not develop any games for Vita or any other console then.

asdf

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:00 pm

devil hunter wrote:I'm sorry, but I find that post ridiculous. People would get mad because they made a game for a new console? It's better to just not develop any games for Vita or any other console then.

No not mad cause there made on a new console. i was saying if they wanted to go with a dugeon crawler and see how it would do then making it on the psn and xboxlive would show there results in this game but if they expect people to buy the vita and buy there game is not working look at all the comments on facebook and other site nobody gonna get the vita just to play this game or help rise vita sells it dont look like it would work. im not saying people will draw away from the vita becuase of this game. if they got one they dont seem to wana get this game.also there made cause nobody like this idea of this being anything related to silent hill and that it will hurt and effect future project

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:59 pm

asdf wrote:One then fuck let the wheel spin cause if they don't give a fuck and there fans like you then while there at it make a max payne version of silent hill too
2.how people bring up rail shooter of silent hill as a reason for book of memoies being what is they are two different ideas and they use horror theme games my point is they don't mean anything and don't help defend the whole they had other spin off bullshit
3.you cant be serious how are they different one dungeon crawler over the top view you see everything goin on there is no surprise or tension you know what going on.RPG elements in a slient hill game with flashy magic really you cant be serious.
4.underline in other words same atmosphere,same universe,same rules applys
5.I have no problem having a silent hill game being co-op but not like this example syphone filter you proved my point they created online for syphone filter did the guys become psi agent no did they turn it into a fps no what was change nothing just online mode and customise your character it still has the underline of syphon filter
6.if team silent did make silent hill home coming instead of double helix i still wouldnt like it. i would still feel the same way difference is it was a game they created and if they chose that fine then I would stop caring about this game but that not the case it like people complaining about the ending of mass effect 3 the original creactor decide to end it that way but if a different developer took over and did that ending then they have a right to be mad
7.@Hunter I never said mutiplayer was a bad idea i said they way its being done it is learn to read and silent hill 2 still had the same underline
@rollingfan when you watch it dont tell US about the hard on when you see it

First off, you need to start formatting your posts better, since it's really annoying trying to read them. Line breaks exist for a reason.

1. I don't even know what the hell you just said right there.

2. A spin-off is a spin-off. Don't like it, don't play it and don't waste your time trying to convince others that they also shouldn't bother with it. People bring up the fact that SH has had a rail-shooter because it's actually relevant. If they could make a rail-shooter, why can't they make an isometric dungeon crawler?

3. You clearly never played the original Diablo, which is a great horror game in its own regard despite the fact that it was played from a top-down perspective, like pretty much 99% of all dungeon crawlers were. I don't really care how "ridiculous" you think it is that the game is a dungeon crawler and that it has RPG-style stats. The "flashy magic" that you keep bringing up also isn't even how that element is presented in the game anymore. If you're gonna bash something, at least do your goddamned research first.

4. Guest you meant "underlying". And as far as I can tell, BoM is still canon and is still in the same universe with the same "laws". These laws that you speak of are quite funny, since one rule of Silent Hill is that there really aren't many rules at all.

5. Your point isn't that much of a good one. Those games were main Syphon Filter games. BoM isn't a "main" game. This isn't an indication of what the main games will be like in the future (if there will even be anymore.)

6. Original creators? What does this have to do with it? Team Silent's lineup changed almost completely with each new game they did, and the guy who created SH itself left after the first game. This is silly reasoning for hating on BoM. Also, the people who did a lot of the writing for ME3 weren't behind the first two games. If you knew about it, you'd know that the original endings for ME3 were completely different and much better than the shitty final ones, and that the final ones were pretty much a last-minute thing, hence why they felt rushed and incomplete. The fanbase (which I used to be a part of) whining was completely warranted in that case, since they were all lied to.

7. This is a good method of co-op. There will be segments where everyone gets split up, an idea I always thought was cool and I'm glad they're finally gonna do it.

asdf

Are You Excited ?

Post by asdf on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:51 pm

1.in other words fuck it let the wheel keep on spinning

2.japan has the rail shooter,did it come to America no, does anybody have a copied no, did they try and sell it no,as far as we know it will never come to the states.

3.that's Diablo,this is silent hill,you see the difference both horror but in different ways and over the top view ain't scary I have played other over the top view games some of them I like and some of them I didn't and yes they were horror but I was the least bit scared

4. When I mean rule,I mean how the set of the games and the series and it universe and it atmosphere. look at a beta video for resident evil 4 it was more scary but it was following to closely to supernatural or paranormal type of scare so they change it. but I did look at an updated trailer it looks like they removed the power ups ad magic from BOM

5.you brought up syphon filter and how nobody was mad a about when co-op or multiplayer was brought into the game on the ps2 but they had multiplayer in two and it was a fun experience so I'm pretty sure people wanted online play for syphon filter for the ps2.
-also when I said that, it's because on Facebook and other site,have player commenting negatively and they really don't want this game to come out. the last installments had poor sells I'm not saying they'll choice a different style of playing I'm saying if the sells do poorly then the future of silent hill might not last longer.To me I still have that hope the next game will be the winner but if bom sell bad then what?

6.yea but they were all in the same team together, understanding what they were making all in the working process and that's why I had to rephrase from creator to creators cause yes the original creator or the main guy in charge left. the new creators had no involvement in the previous first games and also having three different developement teams to take a stab at it.shows that what ever there doing it ain't working the sales show don't tell me they don't.if that true about mass effect then they have every right to be mad just like us.if someone else cames and fuck up someone else's work it ain't right.

7.if they wanted to do this type of gameplay they should of had it on the psn or Xboxlive for 5 or 10 $ to get the result they wanted it.probably would not have as much negative feedback there trying to sell it on the vita for 40 dollars I don't want this game being made cause I mentioned before if the sale do bad again we might not see another silent hill main game (even though I didn't like the last few games except downpour which was alright)I do wana see one New silent hill game that become as good as the first three or even better I still have hope for that game will one day come

what

From behind the veil

Are You Excited ?

Post by what on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Seems to me that the only people mad about Book of Memories are the people who would never play the game in the first place.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:13 pm

2. It came to Japan and various places in Europe. They didn't release it in the States because the arcade scene in general was already dead over here at the time, unlike in Europe and Asia. Whether or not it ever got released over here doesn't matter since it's very easy to simply watch it online or read a plot summary. If Konami actually gave a damn, they could re-released it in HD on the PS3 with PS Move support.

3. Yeah, I'm aware that Diablo & SH aren't the same game, thanks for needlessly pointing that out. Doesn't matter though, that doesn't mean they can't do a dungeon crawler SH game. And horror isn't just about being scared. I haven't been scared by SH games in ages, let alone by a video game period. SH2 was never scary to me.

5. It's all on Konami, they need to learn how to market their games. I saw next to no ads for Downpour at all. I might've seen one or two of those small banner ads on gamefaqs a couple times, and that was it. They're talking about BoM more than they did Downpour it seems, but it's coming to the Vita, and I doubt a lot of SH fans will buy a Vita just for one game. This is a really risky game.

6. Yeah but so far none of the newer devs have really fucked anything up. The cool thing about SH is how most of the games are standalone, so if you don't like a game, you can literally just choose to ignore it altogether. Some people ignore everything that happened after 3.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories