Forum rules
MARK YOUR SPOILERS. This game is new, so if you're sharing information that can potentially ruin the story for people who haven't played it yet, clearly warn and mark those sections with spoiler tags. While you should always wrap your spoilers, this rule will be extra-enforced in this forum. Failure to comply will result in infractions.

Are you excited?

Yes I am
21%
Not excited but intrigued
38%
God No!
30%
Don't care
11%

Total votes : 110

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Are You Excited ?

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

I am within the intrigued option. It'll be interesting to see how a Silent Hill game will be put in a Co-op setting.

Anyway, Your thoughts?
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Raydoggamemusic

The Silent Hill Fanatic

Are You Excited ?

Post by Raydoggamemusic on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm interested that the game features creatures throughout the series but am upset it has to be on a handheld I'll never buy
I could do nothing but walk, then i found me walking in front of myself, but it wasn't really me

emma

im watching you..i always watching you

Are You Excited ?

Post by emma on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:06 pm

woow im not really sure exciting about it but must have a look on it ~^^
"rise and shine cupcake"

Whitney

Partner

Silent Hill Historical Society Curator

Are You Excited ?

Post by Whitney on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:06 am

I'm intrigued but not overly excited. I'm overly excited for Downpour.
My Websites!
Image Image Image

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Are You Excited ?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Whitney wrote:I'm intrigued but not overly excited. I'm overly excited for Downpour.

This.

BoM is intriguing because it's totally different, but I dunno. I don't think I really want a Vita anyway, but I'll look at other people's reviews when it comes out, at least.
ImageImageImage

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:51 pm

I'm intrigued, but not raving about it. I haven't read much on it at all recently, just looked at the screens they released and went "not as bad as people predicted". I'd definitely be down to play it, but I don't see myself actually buying it unless I know a friend or two (or three, it is up to 4 players isn't it?) will buy it with me.

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Are You Excited ?

Post by Augophthalmoses on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Curious is the most accurate summary of my feelings. I'll wait until it comes out, look up some reviews and videos and decide later.

Either way no big loss. There are already quite a few Vita games that spark my interest anyway.
boo

mumbler

Artist formerly known as Whitestool.

Are You Excited ?

Post by mumbler on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:13 pm

I just can't for the life of me imagine what they're thinking putting horror games on handhelds.
Surely there must be enough other franchises they can use to advertise their new consoles.

Let's see if those new ideas turn out to be more than just gimmicks. Otherwise it's just one step forward and 5 steps back.

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Are You Excited ?

Post by Augophthalmoses on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't get what's wrong with putting horror games on handhelds. It worked out fine for Origins. The main thing that Climax accomplished with that game was making a playable Silent Hill and horror title on a handheld.
boo

Bronze Fox

That was longer than a heart beat.

Are You Excited ?

Post by Bronze Fox on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Nothing wrong with putting horror games on handhelds, but Silent Hill is suppose to be
psychological horror. '_ ' Having other people running around with you destroys the point, in my opinion.
There is a better world. Well, there must be.

Raydoggamemusic

The Silent Hill Fanatic

Are You Excited ?

Post by Raydoggamemusic on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 pm

i've read some stuff and i agree with everyone else, it's not a bad idea but vita's a new console that few will buy because it will probably cost $400 and the games will probably be expensive too.

i'm not dissing silent hill but i just don't have hope for book of memories because growing up with silent hill was about playing it alone in the dark and now that they made it a "cooperative" it's just gonna collapse in konami's face

but hopefully i'm wrong y'know...
I could do nothing but walk, then i found me walking in front of myself, but it wasn't really me

captain crowbar

Are You Excited ?

Post by captain crowbar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 am

Not getting a Vita, so me no care.
---

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

You can have psychological horror and be accompanied by people at the same time. Nothing wrong with horror on handhelds, just get some good earphones and make sure you're in a dark area or something, there ya go.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Are You Excited ?

Post by Naroon on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:13 am

Raydoggamemusic wrote:i've read some stuff and i agree with everyone else, it's not a bad idea but vita's a new console that few will buy because it will probably cost $400 and the games will probably be expensive too.

i'm not dissing silent hill but i just don't have hope for book of memories because growing up with silent hill was about playing it alone in the dark and now that they made it a "cooperative" it's just gonna collapse in konami's face

but hopefully i'm wrong y'know...

Vita's price was revealed ages ago, it's $250 for the normal wi-fi model (model I'm getting since AT&T sucks and you can just tether the Vita to a phone with 3/4G anyway) and $300 for the 3G (pointless) model. Games will be cheap too, $10~40+ from what I recall.

Anyway, I'm getting a Vita for other games, this game is just something I might get on an impulse eventually.

Raydoggamemusic

The Silent Hill Fanatic

Are You Excited ?

Post by Raydoggamemusic on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:04 pm

haha impulse buy, well i could see it making money but i plain don't like handhelds ever since playing pokemon on the gameboy i've sort of despised them.

either way i'm interested sort of because i'm addicted to the series but i wouldn't have anyone to play the game with so theres no point y'know

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Are You Excited ?

Post by Lilacatz on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:20 pm

To me it looks like the Arcade game but in the palm of your hand.
I'm not gonna afford it so I just don't care how it turns out. SH died along SH3. All other games look like random fanfics.

WisHouse

Phelps. Badge 3,14159265

Are You Excited ?

Post by WisHouse on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:Having other people running around with you destroys the point, in my opinion.

Pretty much what I was going to say. And for the little I´ve seen, it has a shitty camera angle.
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

captain crowbar

Are You Excited ?

Post by captain crowbar on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Lilacatz wrote: All other games look like random fanfics.

That's how I feel for the most part as well.
---

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Are You Excited ?

Post by Augophthalmoses on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Lilacatz wrote:To me it looks like the Arcade game but in the palm of your hand.All other games look like random fanfics.

Same thing could be said about SH1-3 (especially SH3).
boo

Lilacatz

Mayor of Silent Hill

Are You Excited ?

Post by Lilacatz on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 pm

@Augophthalmoses
I don't follow. Could you explain?

Next

Return to Silent Hill Book of Memories