zaphod

Should I even bother getting this?

Post by zaphod on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Yea. Let me know when you get that...... .....

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Post by Ratiocinator on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:56 pm

zaphod wrote:Yea. Let me know when you get that...... .....

Again, what are you talking about? Get what?

Also, going off your post history, why are you so adamant on defending this game in stating there aren't the faults that have clearly been presented?

zaphod

Post by zaphod on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 pm

The point l am making is that on the PS3 the game works perfectly. The controls are supposed to be cluncky

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Post by Ratiocinator on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:03 pm

zaphod wrote:The point l am making is that on the PS3 the game works perfectly. The controls are supposed to be cluncky

What? Did you even read any of those numerous links I just posted? The problems have nothing to deal with the controls. Take a fiver and read them over, then you should understand the reasons for concerns.

Borg

Ghost

Post by Borg on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm guessing his copy is blessed or something.

ZombieKillerXXX

The Dude Abides

Post by ZombieKillerXXX on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Harry Mason wrote:I have Silent Hill 2 and 3 on PS2 and they work just fine. I love those games a lot so I was planning on getting this HD collection just to see the changes. However after hearing about all the glitches and other stuff with the voices not matching the lip movements, etc, should I just skip buying the HD collection?

Is it even worth buying when the game eventually drops to a lower clearance price, or should I just replay 2 and 3 on PS2?

I had the same issue you do. I wanted to buy it when it came out but all the negativity surrounding it kind of turned me off from buying it. I gave in last weekend and went and purchased it. It isn't the greatest and definitely don't get rid of your original copies. However it isn't as bad as people made it out to be, at least in my opinion. I'm playing SH3 right now and it is pretty good. I have an Xbox 360 so I'm not sure if it's worse on the PS3. I would say buy it, but wait for it to go down in price first. Hope that helps you out with your decision.

Mike ;)

TheHWord

Post by TheHWord on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

It's gorgeously remade, but if you have the originals, I wouldn't bother much. It's interesting to hear the new voice acting (I personally think James sounds a little better, whereas Maria is just annoying), but I don't see a lot more than that. I got it mostly because I had lost my SH3 for PC long ago.

schlaufuchsMIKE

Smartass >:)

Post by schlaufuchsMIKE on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

zaphod wrote:The point l am making is that on the PS3 the game works perfectly. The controls are supposed to be cluncky

You're missing the point. It's not that the controls are clunky, it's that they're not functioning properly (they're not supposed to stop periodically while you're trying to move forward). The patch fixed it, though.
"First day off the sauce and somehow I'd still ended up in the gutter." ~ Max Payne

Alppu90

Post by Alppu90 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am

I've been wondering exactly the same, "Should I even bother getting this?" Yeah, I'm really not sure, since I have a perfectly working PS2, which is old but it's like a new console, heh.. and I have 3 SH2s and 1 SH3 for PS2.

Recently I bought PS3 because of Downpour, but I think this HD Collection just kinda - *cough* - rapes the original ones. Seriously. :|
"The lock is broken. I can't open the door." - The doors of Silent Hill

asdf

Post by asdf on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 pm

If you want hd get if for pc turn the graphics up and res up,if you just want to play them get both for the ps2 and or the sh2:RD for the xbox

TeamSilent4Life

Post by TeamSilent4Life on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:55 am

Is it worth getting? I have the originals but classic SH with trophies sounds awesome! Sadly thats not the case.. The 1 HD collection I wanted more than anything & they fucked it up royally. Im really pissed off they changed the audio. Thats whats stopping me from buying it. Those little ingenious pieces of Yamouka magic obliterated :(.
Be my little Rock 'n Roll Queen

captain crowbar

Post by captain crowbar on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 am

nobody should waste money on this. It's a real flippin mess.
---

reflect_eternal

Post by reflect_eternal on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 pm

After everything I've heard, no.

Fredrick2003

Post by Fredrick2003 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I try to be respectful, but I can only assume the people who claim "get it, I haven't had any issues" are just trolling at this point. My playthroughs were a complete mess and the other problems with this game have been well documented elsewhere.

SilentHill01

Post by SilentHill01 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 am

This is all confusing for me the first time i played silent hill 2 and 3 was on ps3 i think it runs pretty smooth i cant bring myself to believe all yall when you say it look better on ps2 i mean how can that possibly be the graphics are clearly not as sharp and plz tell me what is missing from the hd collection that was on the ps2 version. dont understand all this i personally think this all boils down to one thing nostalgia tell me if im right or wrong. And basically all problems with ps3 version have been fixed but xbox version i hear is a mess.

Fredrick2003

Post by Fredrick2003 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Alppu90 wrote:I've been wondering exactly the same, "Should I even bother getting this?" Yeah, I'm really not sure, since I have a perfectly working PS2, which is old but it's like a new console, heh.. and I have 3 SH2s and 1 SH3 for PS2.

Recently I bought PS3 because of Downpour, but I think this HD Collection just kinda - *cough* - rapes the original ones. Seriously. :|

All they had to do was nothing, thats the frustrating part. Games get ported to systems all the time (I think Starfox 64 is on like its 4th iteration, one of my favorites) and they play the same. In Starfox 64 3D they re-recorded the voices, but they got the SAME people to do the voices, and I found that I liked the sound quality.

Checklist:
_nothing

Oops we fucked up.

zyndex

Post by zyndex on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:51 pm

My head said I should buy this one, but my heart said don't. I only want to relive back old memories getting scared and s**t. But judging by the others feedback and review which is mostly poor and not worth it, I might want to let it this one pass. So sad, though. :(

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:01 am

Only real reason why I got the HD Collection was that PS2 games don't work on PS3. If they would happen to make another collection for Shattered Memories and Origins, I'd definitely get it too. I know, I'm somewhat lazy, but I don't bother keeping my PS2 plugged in these days. I sure hope that, upon release of PlayStation 4 it would be backwards compatible.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:00 am

If you see it cheap (Or get it given to you out of the blue by a wonderful man) then you may as well.
The patch only takes 20 odd minutes to load up. And yes, I really want a sequel HD Collection. They can't possibly fuck it up twice, can they?... :?
No results found for oohfakanorus.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I never bothered buying it, only because I have the games on the PS2, which still works, and the games are still in great working condition. I never felt, nor do I feel now, to get the HD Collection. I made up my mind long before I heard about the horrid condition of the HD games, but that pretty much solidified my decision. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill HD Collection