JKristine35

Revelation Script

Post by JKristine35 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 am

A version of the Revelation script has been posted online, so I thought I'd share it here. Let me go ahead and just say this up front: If you are a big fan of the first film, DO NOT read this script, because it will piss you off. The retcons shown here are even more astounding than those in the final film, including a scene showing that Alessa was burned in her own home, and that she created the Otherworld during the burning by turning her eyes black and taking control of the fire. Apparently, Bassett fast forwarded through the first film's flashback scene, because that's not even close to being the same. Other notable retcons are Claudia being the leader of the Order when Alessa was a child, Dahlia knowing Alessa was going to have a ritual performed on her (not to mention that the ritual deals with the birth of god, which is an already noted retcon that made it into the final film), Sharon being some random person's baby that Alessa had Lisa Garland kidnap so she could put her soul in it, and Alessa's burned form being the same as Dark Alessa (which proves the theory that the adult Alessa doesn't exist in Revelation's canon). It's a pretty depressing read. It also places the script's writing as being in 2010, proving Bassett lied his ass off when he made claims in 2011 that he hadn't retconned anything in the first film, and that the Order and the Brethren are two different cults.

That said, some of the scenes in the script have much better atmosphere than in the film itself, however, these are offset by tons of slasher scenes and nonsensical crap (just like the slasher scenes and nonsensical crap seen in the theatrical version of the film). About the ONLY good thing I really saw in there was a reference to the janitor from the first film. It was well done and subtle, but that was cut out before filming.

Also, the script implies that Heather and Vincent have sex in the motel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1qmjc2gsqvcscp/SHR3D.pdf

Charon

Vaidarge

Revelation Script

Post by Charon on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 am

I don't know how to react to this. Is just... too much... argh.

I will hysterical laugh about the last part of your post, because it's funny, until you think that it is... Actually for real. "Seriously" made.

Damn. It's a totally rape to the story of the first film, and even more to the videogame series.

PS: I have the impression that Bassett sucks writing scripts (CAPITALIZING WORDS TO GIVE MORE TENSION). It's just a feeling.
Veritas dahls una kosmolaivak.

rov124

Revelation Script

Post by rov124 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:04 pm

JKristine35 wrote:It also places the script's writing as being in 2010, proving Bassett lied his ass off when he made claims in 2011 that he hadn't retconned anything in the first film, and that the Order and the Brethren are two different cults.

Well scripts get several drafts before filming so i don't know why you call him a liar when he could be refering to a later draft. Also i think this would have been a better film if it was a reboot so it could stand on his own.

Alistair

Swooping Is Bad!

Revelation Script

Post by Alistair on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 pm

rov124 wrote:
JKristine35 wrote:It also places the script's writing as being in 2010, proving Bassett lied his ass off when he made claims in 2011 that he hadn't retconned anything in the first film, and that the Order and the Brethren are two different cults.

Well scripts get several drafts before filming so i don't know why you call him a liar when he could be refering to a later draft. Also i think this would have been a better film if it was a reboot so it could stand on his own.

Even if it had been changed...the final film was still pretty bad and full of retcons. :x

JKristine35

Revelation Script

Post by JKristine35 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:36 am

rov124 wrote:

The final film is also loaded with retcons, so obviously later drafts didn't become faithful to the first film's continuity.

jam6i

Revelation Script

Post by jam6i on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Maybe this thread could use a "post your favourite bad dialogue" contest or something. I'm reading, and the dialogue is pretty terrible.

It's also breathtaking that the script didn't even make it to the middle of the second page before Pyramid Head showed up. I could almost hear the sound of the bulldozers digging the holes for the studio executives' newly proposed swimming pools. Couldn't even make it to page 3 without our triangle friend, could you?

It's also very painful to actually read the two false starts before the actual film begins. A nightmare...within a nightmare...very painful to read. Embarrassing.

I think we could all completely tear the script apart word by word, letter by letter.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Revelation Script

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 am

If only they'd let the actors improvise the dialogue. Just give them an outline and let them go from there.
"No!" says the director in the commentary (Yes! I actually listened to what he said in the commentary!) as because of the 3D, it would have taken too long and would have been too expensive.
Nonsense! If the 3D is so important, just lock the cameras off on the shot you want, then make the actors stand where they are and then improvise the dialogue. (My love...)
No results found for oohfakanorus.

MM2Dylan

Revelation Script

Post by MM2Dylan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:23 pm

This is a really rough read... it's embarrassing. It's unfortunate, because I think otherwise Michael J. Bassett is a good, competent filmmaker... what the hell happened?

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Revelation Script

Post by Oohfakanorus on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 am

Samuel Hadida is credited as having worked on both projects but if he's just a studio head who "presents" the film to an audience (He does literally come on and say "Ladies and Gentlemen... Silent Hill! SILENT HILL!" although I'd love that) but I think Hadida had a hand in the making of the film but has amazingly escaped the blame or anger.
I think he's doing more uncredited.
Trouble with all films is both they are slaves to Chekov's Gun trope that has ruined everything else on Television, film etc and have to have everything explained to an audience.
The Silent Hill film where someone ends up there and tries to escape and never figures out what the hell Silent Hill is remains to be involved.
Thanks for the thread though JKristine! Hope you are well. :D
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Return to Silent Hill: Revelation (Motion Picture)