PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Ok, next...

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:38 pm

There isn't much of subject to discuss about this movie, unfortunately, because of the linear story, unlink with the games and bad overall performance. This movie reveals itself (for those who can see) in the very beginning:

Who is chasing her? Jason? I don't know how Basset did this scene, but reminds me some old horror movies:
At that time, with low money, the solution was camera underexposed in order to obtain the "dark"of the night. The problem, as you can see, is low contrast and we can "see" the lights of the studio. But that was the 60's... (by the way: Boris Karloff is in)
Yesterday I saw a movie from a director that had made some very interesting productions. Sucker Punch got some elements that we like it. I'd chose this scene, non iconic (not a important part) but shows how darkness can be used:
Sometimes her face is in the dark, but the director solve the situation by moving the camera and the actress - so he can keep the high contrast that create the emotion. I this image, he also take advantage of different light to create two layers in a silent dialog. Each scene and dialog has a meticulous job, and this is a rare occasion that I disagree with the critics: this movie is a good job!

I elected Zack Snyder (Sucker Punch director, also 300, Down of The Dead, Watchmen, etc.) as the director of the next Silent Hill movie! And you...

Return to Silent Hill: Revelation (Motion Picture)