For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

LisaGarland

Classic SH Cult help..

Post by LisaGarland on Tue May 23, 2017 9:30 am

OK so I'm making a SH fan game and have the basics down = characters, locations to visit etc

The problem I am having (perhaps due to lack of information or imagination) is the cult behind the original 4 games and how they could tie into a new narrative.
I don't want to go down the route of the new developers/games which have, to be quite honest, turned SH into some kind of psychiatrist to help people overcome their personal issues (thanks to SH2's success)

Thanks the the games after Origins - its really hard not to just go down the "bad stuff happened and you forget until the end - shock revelation - happy ending" stuff the later games do.
Want to try and keep it as Team Silent would do basically..
"I won't tell a soul. Promise. So please...."

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Classic SH Cult help..

Post by Otherworld on Tue May 23, 2017 9:55 am

Does this game take place after what has happened in SH4 or Homecoming?

LisaGarland

Classic SH Cult help..

Post by LisaGarland on Tue May 23, 2017 11:34 am

Otherworld wrote:Does this game take place after what has happened in SH4 or Homecoming?

I haven't actually decided fully. Originally I wanted it to take place prior or alongside SH3 (in which case, the Cult would still exist and that would make storytelling easier)

Is it much of a stretch to think the Order existed after SH4? I know Claudia, Leonard and Vincent are gone .. but there would still be followers, right?

I had this idea of the main character (female) going on vacation with her husband and children.
I was thinking of her being pregnant - perhaps her unborn child held some mystical power the cult tried to use?
But then I realised that was just a rehash of SH1 and SH3 (minus the demon- similar to Alessa instead)

I'm trying to realistically think how to continue the cult and a new ritual to cause the otherworld and birth paradise - without repeating past games too much - its quite difficult.
I believe this is the reason the modern games went with the easier option and left the cult part out to copy SH2's more personal hell.
"I won't tell a soul. Promise. So please...."

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Classic SH Cult help..

Post by Otherworld on Tue May 23, 2017 12:36 pm

The Order is part of Homecomng. It's like their last stand. Maybe slot something in between SH4 and HC.

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works