For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

EverNightDream

SECLUDED (Shortfilm inspired by Silent Hill)

Post by EverNightDream on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:43 am

I always wanted to do a (short) movie about Silent Hill since I began to make shortfilms for fun.
Now this is the first shortfilm I did after film school without any budget and for no commercial purpose
and I dedicated it to the Silent Hill franchise. It's kind of a fanfilm, but should work without a connection
to the games as well. It takes place in the same universe but is not an adaptation of a game and has nothing
to do with the story of Alessa or the other games / movies.
Even if it's not an adaptation, I tried to capture the feeling as good as I could.
I hope some people will like it. It's literally made by fans for fans so of course that's the reason I
am posting this here.

Just one more thing: I wanted to do this with english dialouge, but because there are some
young german actors in this film (it's done in Germany), it sounds a bit "germanized"
several times. We are sorry for that and hope it doesn't disturb you that much.
Enjoy watching! :-)

TomRL

Post by TomRL on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Love the cinematography, and locations and the music give it a Silent Hill feel.

EverNightDream

Post by EverNightDream on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:48 am

Love the cinematography, and locations and the music give it a Silent Hill feel.

Thank you, glad to hear that! : )
First I wanted to use the original Silent Hill soundtrack by Akira, because for me personally
it's not really Silent Hill without it. But since it's not an adaptation I think it didn't turn out that
bad with other music. Christophe Frutuoso did a great job with his songs inspired by the
SH series and most of the tracks I used are made by him.
I think it has a slightly different feeling, but I'm okay with that, makes this
shortfilm unique in it's own way. ... that's what I hope. x)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:08 pm

I enjoyed the film. It definitely captured the feel of Silent Hill.

Great work !

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:55 am

I like the cinematography and the colour saturation. I feel like it would work as a visual accompaniment to a soundscape.

EverNightDream

Post by EverNightDream on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:35 am

HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:I like the cinematography and the colour saturation. I feel like it would work as a visual accompaniment to a soundscape.

Thank you!
It's interesting, I guess somehow my work actually is an accoumpaniment to soundtracks and scapes,
sometimes I just listen to music or atmosphere tracks and write down the pictures in my head
I got while listening. ;)

HeatherMasonSH3

Ugh, forget it!

Post by HeatherMasonSH3 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:09 pm

EverNightDream wrote:
HeatherMasonSH3 wrote:I like the cinematography and the colour saturation. I feel like it would work as a visual accompaniment to a soundscape.

Thank you!
It's interesting, I guess somehow my work actually is an accoumpaniment to soundtracks and scapes,
sometimes I just listen to music or atmosphere tracks and write down the pictures in my head
I got while listening. ;)

Your welcome

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Hmmm...very impressive. The door leading to a somewhat otherworld was a nice touch and colors representing the otherworld was done quite well. That ending theme song?....I think it was named " The Countdown?".....I absolutely loved that soundtrack....it completely fits with the SH theme.

The monotone sounds that you have playing throughout the film was done brilliantly too...sometimes folks forget that the constant monotone sounds happening in the background delivers the mood without you realizing it...

Very well done.... 8-)
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

EverNightDream

Post by EverNightDream on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:06 am

clips7 wrote:Hmmm...very impressive. The door leading to a somewhat otherworld was a nice touch and colors representing the otherworld was done quite well. That ending theme song?....I think it was named " The Countdown?".....I absolutely loved that soundtrack....it completely fits with the SH theme.

The monotone sounds that you have playing throughout the film was done brilliantly too...sometimes folks forget that the constant monotone sounds happening in the background delivers the mood without you realizing it...

Very well done.... 8-)

Thanks a lot! :)

I think everytime a character in the Silent Hill universe switches into the otherworld it's literally opening
a door. And in this case it should represent also that the main character of our film
crosses a line of her own limits and got confronted with the "truth" after she did.

And yep, that was "The Countdown" playing while the credits roll.
I love that soundtrack, too! It fits with the Silent Hill themes, but also with this whole topic
of our shortfilm.
Thanks again for your feedback!

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works