For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

Silent Evil

Master of Gyramancy

SH1 - Balkan Church Dialogue (EARTHBOUND Style)

Post by Silent Evil on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:08 am

I'm balls deep into the Nintendo RPG classic EARTHBOUND, and while playing I started thinking.....hmm, I wonder what Silent Hill would look like if it was made this way?

So a project I've settled on, for the time being will be taking elements from the SH games and recreating them in the context of an old retro SNES RPG like EARTHBOUND, with those same 16-bit style graphics.

I decided it might be best to start off with something really simple - dialogue text. The scene that came to mind right away, one that's always perpetually prevalent to me is that original SH1 meeting between Harry and Dahlia in the Balkan Church. It's a notable cut scene, but also basic and short enough that it won't be too taxing on me for my initial attempt on this.

Here is my pixel-by-pixel recreation of that Balkan Church dialogue, redone in the context of the EARTHBOUND 16-bit text window:

And just so I won't have you straining your eyes squinting, using the EarthBound Text Generator I created these larger real-time animated versions of the dialogue as it would appear in-game context...

Follow me on: Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Etsy

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works