For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

crewsjp8

Silent Hill 1 3D Tile Map

Post by crewsjp8 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

Awesome dude, can't wait to see more stuff like this.

EDIT: Is there any way I can fix the game from crashing when I start it up? Don't worry it's not only this game it's almost all unity games.

silentroom

Post by silentroom on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:42 am

Absolutely amazing :o . I love the way you made new rooms and textures.You have talent Giromancy i hope to see a complete demo from you. ;)
btw can i get into basement or it is unfinished? thought i need a key to open the door :D.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:16 pm

crewsjp8 wrote:Awesome dude, can't wait to see more stuff like this.

EDIT: Is there any way I can fix the game from crashing when I start it up? Don't worry it's not only this game it's almost all unity games.

This game is only compatible with Windows, are using another OS?

silentroom wrote:Absolutely amazing :o . I love the way you made new rooms and textures.You have talent Giromancy i hope to see a complete demo from you. ;)
btw can i get into basement or it is unfinished? thought i need a key to open the door :D.

Thank you!
You mean the second basement? that is not finished yet, wait for the finish version please! :)

I would love to see some playtrhough from you guys, to see how the game works and looks on other computers.
==================================
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Beautiful. I never thought I would be lost in this building but seeing it like this made me walk around a lot. The camera keeps jumping all the time and that was.. not so good. I didn't recognize some of the rooms, but the environment is very creepy. Thank you, that was cool. I'll go and play some more)

Tainted Dreams

Post by Tainted Dreams on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:15 pm

I love it. I'm actually working on recreating Alchemilla Hospital myself at the moment, so to see your work couldn't have come at a better time; fantastic stuff. :)

The only thing I would suggest changing is the location of the stairs to the roof. On the floor plans in Silent Hill (1) there are stairs leading upward from the third floor within the main stairwell meaning that there's no reason to relocate them. I'm sure you know this though and perhaps I'm missing another reason for your relocating them? :)

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:23 pm

If anyone is able to, please post capture footage...

crewsjp8

Post by crewsjp8 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Giromancy wrote:This game is only compatible with Windows, are using another OS?

I'm using the latest windows 8 version.
There's no error box or anything it just shows a white window for a second and then closes saying that the program has stopped working. It probably has to do with my computer because when I ran into this problem a while back I just played the game on my laptop, but i don't have it anymore.

Alessa'sRevenge

Tears of darkness

Post by Alessa'sRevenge on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:45 am

Excellent work! Walking through Alchemilla again gives me a real sense of unease, just like the original. I also liked the Alessa easter egg. :D Would be nice if running was a little faster and if the camera didn't have the 'look around' effect, other than that, Good job!

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:14 am

crewsjp8 wrote:I'm using the latest windows 8 version.
There's no error box or anything it just shows a white window for a second and then closes saying that the program has stopped working. It probably has to do with my computer because when I ran into this problem a while back I just played the game on my laptop, but i don't have it anymore.

Looks to be a graphic driver problem.
Try to update to the latest graphic drivers, i can´t say if this works fine on Windows 8, hope somebody can confirm this. This game was built under Windows 7.

Alessa'sRevenge wrote:Excellent work! Walking through Alchemilla again gives me a real sense of unease, just like the original. I also liked the Alessa easter egg. :D Would be nice if running was a little faster and if the camera didn't have the 'look around' effect, other than that, Good job!

Thank you for your words, can you tell me whats the problem with the ¨look around effect¨ so i can fix it.

btw, i see that many people are having problems when walking, the camera have some jumping issue, this
is because of the ¨Head Bobbing Script¨, this only happens in some graphic cards, so im going to fix it for the next version (1.02) that im going to release in a few days. Also i have to fix the mouse sensitivity.

RiskRim has made a nice playthrough, but unfortunately the Head bobbing ruins the game experience for him, beyond that, the game works very well:
Image Image Image

Alessa'sRevenge

Tears of darkness

Post by Alessa'sRevenge on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:52 pm

The look around thing is the jumping issue you described. When you don't move in the game, the camera pans from side to side and it's persistent when walking and turning.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:08 am

Alessa'sRevenge wrote:The look around thing is the jumping issue you described.

Actually the look around is a totally different script besides the ¨Head Bobbing¨.
This last one makes the camera move up and down only when you walk in any direction, the look around is only an animation that is attached to the camera to make the character look in both sides (right and left) like in the original game.
The main reason for the jumping issue is the Head Bobbing script.

For some reason, the Head bobbing goes faster in some graphic cards, so i have to adjust the movement values.
I need a tester for the next version.

This guy for example, has also made a playthrough and he doesnt have this problem with the jumping camera.
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm

I would gladly test an updated version. I also have those problems with camera.

Alessa'sRevenge

Tears of darkness

Post by Alessa'sRevenge on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Giromancy wrote:Actually the look around is a totally different script besides the ¨Head Bobbing¨.
This last one makes the camera move up and down only when you walk in any direction, the look around is only an animation that is attached to the camera to make the character look in both sides (right and left) like in the original game.

Ah, okay. I don't get the bobbing issue. The look around script only affects the mouse-look.

Giromancy

Post by Giromancy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Johnny_Doe wrote:I would gladly test an updated version. I also have those problems with camera.

Thank you, as soon as i have the next version finished i'm going to send to you the download link for you to test it.
Image Image Image

Johnny_Doe

Post by Johnny_Doe on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:28 am

Ok, take your time. By the way, I noticed that one of the frying pans is missing in the kitchen (the white one)...

akislovag

Post by akislovag on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Giromancy, I am really impressed and really inspired by your work. It gave me a good idea to make a game. However, I found a good alternative for Crocotile which seems even more powerful but I will compare the too soon. It's called SPRyTile and it's a free (donation based) addon for Blender. I leave a video about it here.
https://youtu.be/-ezYZgMp-R0

(By the way, how is the progress with that second demo going? I see that you haven't posting for a long time)

Coconut

Post by Coconut on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Its quite easy once you learn Crocotile 3d. It is a little time consuming but in comparison to other 3D modelling software its really easy.

Edit: Made a Apartment today.

Last edited by Coconut on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:39 am.

Coconut

Post by Coconut on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 pm

@Giromancy

How do you make your street corners so neat?

Edit: Nvm I kinda got it.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works