For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:03 am

Has anyone here seen this curiosity before?

http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-games/silent-hill-x/

I'm currently playing with my original xbox (softmod done, HDD upgrade is the next job), once it's all sorted I'll be straight on with this to see if it's as ridiculous as it seems 8-)
No-one can judge you baby, they don't live your life....

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 am

No I have not but I would, for fun and for free ....

Let us know how terrible it is .....lol

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:06 am

It's not terrible at all Mr Otherworld (hi mate, how's tricks?)! I can well imagine Kojima playing this and thinking 'ah what's the point?' regarding perservering with his version :lol: there are few more visceral gaming thrills to be had than controlling PH and having him smack stuff up, violently. Obviously this was a labour of (twisted) love for someone, and it pays off, if only in providing the best way to kill 30 minutes since Rez. Getting smacked by a Closer is a truly satisfying experience :D

If anyone still has an original Xbox console gathering dust in their attic, I can only recommend dusting off, softmodding it (its easy, must be if I can manage it without hiccup), and installing this rare little 'gem' 8-)

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:32 pm

^ Hey Wilsden Hills, great to see if you on the boards again!

I am glad you had fun playing it. When I have a chance I will check it out. Got rid of the Xbox 360 a long time ago though...

So I will have to find another way to play it.

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:21 am

You will, like playing it on an original xbox console! I dunno for sure but I think this will only work on that, maybe a hacked 360 would do it? Until they switch off xboxlive for the 360 I ain't going near mine with a screwdriver. Picked up the 'crystal' console last year for £15 on ebay, and tbh playing SH2 and 4 with crispier graphics more than paid that back, everything else I've discovered along the way has been a bonus 8-)

And yes, when I first saw the game on t'net, once I'd got over the shock :lol: of course I wondered whether the community at large was aware of it. It's a nice little oddity that rabid collectors if no-one else might not mind in their collection. It sits right beside The Orphan for me in terms of nonsense-I-wouldn't-touch-with-a-10-foot-stick-if-it-wasn't-Silent-Hill-related, but in both cases I'm glad I did.

So back in the real world of Silent Hill, no news is good news, right?

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:15 am

Unless that news is Konami selling the IP ..... I guess so.

Have you gotten all of the endings in Silent Hill 2?

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:13 pm

What?? Blimey I haven't been keeping up-to-date at all. Is that not a good thing? Spose that depends who bought it, best go have a good rummage round the forums here and see what's been going on.

The thing with SH2 is, Leave is clearly just my ending, it's the ending which evidently fits with me and my playstyle etc. I've ran through the game a coupla times in the last year or so, always just end up following my nose and always end up with Leave. Generally I'm tied up with other things these days games-wise, but I picked up the HD collection for the 360 for a few quid recently, and am now trying to grin and bear 3. It looks okay, certainly better than 2 which is just entirely devoid of any atmosphere at all, the original xbox classic (Inner Fears / Restless Dreams) should simply have been made available, bug-free, on live arcade for the 360 via its classic emulator (as Black, and no doubt various others, are).

So far 3 isn't that a lot better but it IS better, atmospherically at least, but those fecking voices?????? Wrong wrong wrong. Atmosphere built up (a little, it's still night and day between this version and the exquisite PS2 masterpiece), all well and good, then one of the characters opens their mouth and that atmosphere dissipates like a fart in a crowd. So with all that fresh in my mind, cheers Konami for selling something you clearly aren't interested in, now maybe someone who IS interested can have a go. Fingers crossed eh?

And the other SH game I've been dipping my toes into on occasion? Homecoming, still love it immensely 8-)

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:15 pm

We can only pray to the old God's that Konami will sell this ip to someone that will give it the TLC it deserves...

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Otherworld wrote:We can only pray to the old God's that Konami will sell this ip to someone that will give it the TLC it deserves...

The Old Gods??? Well I'm certainly not letting them get me pregnant! :shock: Hmm, what chance someone will be willing to buy Konami out? They'd have to be pretty sure they were gonna get their money's worth, both parties. Sad state of affairs, though I'd like to think someone will eventually do something constructive with it, the potential for current-gen top-drawer horror and engagement as only SH can do it is evident with PT.

In the meantime, the classics never disappoint if you just gotta have your fix. Rather them than a half-baked effort that succeeds only in sticking another nail in. I've a PS2 savefile for The Room in which 302 is experiencing severe 'difficulties'. Just mooching about the flat on edge is tremendously satisfying, never fails to freak me out and feel very good about the franchise :) even 3 on the 360 is getting under my skin (in other words I'm starting to love it, simply because it's such a cool freaking game. Sod the future! ;)

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:19 am

Wilsden Hills wrote:
Otherworld wrote:We can only pray to the old God's that Konami will sell this ip to someone that will give it the TLC it deserves...

The Old Gods???

^ Haha, this is a excerpt from Silent Hill 2's Rebirth ending .....

Wilsden Hills wrote:Well I'm certainly not letting them get me pregnant! :shock: Hmm, what chance someone will be willing to buy Konami out? They'd have to be pretty sure they were gonna get their money's worth, both parties. Sad state of affairs, though I'd like to think someone will eventually do something constructive with it, the potential for current-gen top-drawer horror and engagement as only SH can do it is evident with PT.

In the meantime, the classics never disappoint if you just gotta have your fix. Rather them than a half-baked effort that succeeds only in sticking another nail in. I've a PS2 savefile for The Room in which 302 is experiencing severe 'difficulties'. Just mooching about the flat on edge is tremendously satisfying, never fails to freak me out and feel very good about the franchise :) even 3 on the 360 is getting under my skin (in other words I'm starting to love it, simply because it's such a cool freaking game. Sod the future! ;)

We were certainly spoiled with these games in the beginning.

Btw, Konami is a super mega powerhouse that makes billions annually. Their gaming division is minuscule compared to the rest of their business endeavours. Buying the Silent Hill IP would be the only option if the series would continue in someone else's hands ....

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Ah yeah I meant for someone to just buy SH off them, not buy Konami fullstop. Probably only Microsoft, Halliburton or The Vatican could afford that! Mind you the Vatican could probably knock up a suitably creepy horror game if they chose to, maybe we should give them a call? :lol:

It'd be very nice (fantasyland unfortunately) if someone put up the readies for the rights and promptly paid Kojima a visit, with bagfulls of cash and a request to 'crack on mate'. But anyway I guess we drifted off-topic slightly, this thread should be full of folk discussing the merits and pleasures of leathering loads of SH bad guys whilst playing as Eddie, or a rather longer-than-the-norm haired (and fiestier!) Maria 8-)

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:51 pm

True. Which character did you find the best to play with?

The Vatican quip was funny btw.....

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Otherworld wrote:True. Which character did you find the best to play with?

The Vatican quip was funny btw.....

Well, now you ask ;) (honestly that was a gag re. chat about the game!), I did make progress in it today and was delighted to be set upon by a Smog Monster, and better still an effin huge Cancer, a truly disgusting monster in any iteration of the game, this one took some beating 8-) it really is a labour of love by the creator, you go through the fog-bound streets of town, down by the Lake, through a sewer, it's class in a cheesy-but-very-satisying old skool beat-em-up kinda way. It's such a hoot, and has such a charm about it, that I've half a mind to pick up a handful of basement sale xbox's over the year, mod them and install this game, and send them out as Xmas presents to you hardcore guys and gals :pirate:

I've now got all the bits and pieces required to try and install a new 1tb HDD into the beast, tomorrow will be a very good or very sweary day :mrgreen:

Otherworld

Silent Hill X

Post by Otherworld on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:51 am

It would be nice to see it end up on PSN ....

Restless~Dreams

Not your Mary

Silent Hill X

Post by Restless~Dreams on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Considering that Streets of Rage is my favorite franchise on the Genesis, and Silent Hill is my favorite franchise of all time, how could I possibly go wrong with this? :)

Downloading it right now. I need to figure out how to get games on my Xbox's HD again. It's been a while.

As for the talk about Konami selling the Silent Hill IP, god, that would be a dream, if it went to the right company. I would like to see Silent Hill stay a third-person survival horror game, though. The first-person horror genre is oversaturated right now, plus, Silent HIll is more about the experiences of the characters in the game than the player, so I don't think it benefits from the first-person perspective.

KrypticNL

Silent Hill X

Post by KrypticNL on Wed May 03, 2017 9:29 am

Seems the content within the link has been removed for some reason or another. Does anyone still have a copy?

Wilsden Hills

Ooh, a sheepie

Silent Hill X

Post by Wilsden Hills on Thu May 04, 2017 10:04 am

KrypticNL wrote:Seems the content within the link has been removed for some reason or another. Does anyone still have a copy?

Hi, glad I had a nosey on the forum today! Well I've still got my copy on my xbox hard drive, I'll have a look and see if there's a relatively straightforward way to transfer it back to my PC, if so I'll let you know. If you know your way round a modded xbox and know how to do it then let me know and we're game on.

edit : Is it specifically the xbox version you want, or will a PC version suffice? If so, check this...

https://streets-of-rage-silent-hill.en.uptodown.com/windows

I've no idea what is required for this version, but I'm sure the page is self explanatory. Let me know if you need the xbox version and I'll continue looking into transferring files back from xbox to pc, seems as though FTPing them back from whence they came shouldn't be too hard, but no luck yet....

edit rev. 2 : Ha it was as easy as pie, the (xbox) game files are now downloaded onto my PC. I'll PM you :)

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works