For Silent Hill-related art, music, videos, and more made by fans like you.
Forum rules
We have a dedicated section for Silent Hill modding found here: Silent Hill Modding
For non-Silent Hill fan work please post your work here: Creative Aspirations

ZBrush

Are you sure the only you is you?

Silent Hill: Alchemilla Mod

Post by ZBrush on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:35 am

Silent Hill: Alchemilla Mod / check it out.

E3 1998: the world was introduced to Silent Hill.
Gamescom 2014: the world was re-introduced to Silent Hill.
27 April 2015: Silent Hills was hidden by Konami.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:09 pm

I remember tracking this a long time ago. I didn't even realize they released a demo a year ago. I'll d/l it and probably post my impressions in here later.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:53 pm

I never downloaded it, but at least one youtube LPer did a full play of it a few months ago.

They recently announced that there won't be any enemy encounter (for lack of specialized developers) so the entire game will be a gigantic puzzle/exploration adventure, which if you ask me is freaking awesome.

A release date for the full thing hasn't been announced yet, I think. But they are actively working on it as we speak.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Allien

Post by Allien on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm

jam6i wrote:A release date for the full thing hasn't been announced yet,

Too many things in my country the war is. It is difficult to determine when it will be release. But if we're lucky, the game will release on the new year.
Sorry for my bad english.

Silent Hill fan game.
My portfolio.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:46 pm

I saw some gameplay of this not too long ago. It seems pretty neat. :)
ya fuckin rite

PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Post by Vengur on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:36 pm

I can't describe the amount of awesomeness my eyes are experiencing from that trailer. It's melting through me sockets.

I had been following the mod for a while but forgot about it. Such a nice way to be reminded of it again.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

PaulSilentin

Post by PaulSilentin on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 pm

The final version of the mod is now publicly available!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/alchemilla-mod/downloads

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Post by Vengur on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:50 am

I'm downloading it right now. :D It's nice to see a Silent Hill fan project to be actually finished unlike a whole lot of others.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Currently downloading. Hope i can run it!

I see comments about how "it sucks cuz where are the monsters?"

First off, they clearly stated there will be no monsters and the focus is now on story and atmosphere and...more importantly...

Silent Hill has always been about story and atmosphere. What the hell are these people complaining about "no monsters"? If you are so desperate to fight stuff, go play Homecoming. I'm sure you'll enjoy all the gloriously broken combat.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 am

This isn't a double post. No one has simply said more after me. That being said....

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

This game is amazing. Like...I'm kind of speechless. It's nailing everything. Sound. Atmosphere. Creepiness. Level design. Puzzle design. Even the freaking notes are written in that "slightly off" SH style.

The fact there are no enemies has made this a much better experience, because I'm able to take my time and enjoy the atmosphere without worrying about dying. The non-inclusion of enemies was a fantastic idea.

This...this game better respects SH than anything after 4. I hate to say it, but it seems to understand that feeling of creeping dread that no other game past SH4 understood.

This game should be canon in the series. Everyone should play it. It is amazing. It's the experience I've been missing since the early games. And it absolutely respects the work of the early games. There are no "ugggh, really? Really?" moments that every game since SH4 has had.

It's amazing to me that this one developer (or small team of developers) made something better than most of the recent mainline entries. How is that possible?

Side note: at current release, there *is* a graphical lighting glitch. It's super obvious, but hasn't taken away from the experience of the game.

And there's a heavy reliance on asset usage. I've seen elements from most of the games in here. I hope you loved Downpour's desk/calendar/pen asset. You'll see it a lot in Alchemilla Mod.

There's also heavy usage of existing sound tracks. But there are also numerous original compositions (which are really good).

It's all fantastic. Everyone should play this.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:05 pm

^ I don't know if I can. Can you capture your walk thorough or link the LPer's walk through you spoke about earlier ?

It looks great !

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm working on a few things with it. I'm taking screengrabs of all files and important documents. I'm also working on making some maps, since the game doesn't provide any (which would have been really useful at some points in the game). I am also going to make a text walkthrough with accompanying screenshots. And finally I plan on just recording thw whole thing as ap walkthrough.

For the video, I'm probably going to do a faceacam to capture all my reactions, and talk and make as many jokes as i can. Because based on my research over the last 60 years (I'm old, okay?) it seems people love it when LPers overexaggerate reactions when things git scurrry.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Wow ! Awesome ! Thank you !

Lord Zachariah

Bara Man

Post by Lord Zachariah on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:21 pm

I saw Voidburger's stream and it seems pretty good. I'm just happy it wasn't a huge disappointment.
Though I do have a few qualms:

-It doesn't feel very scary, though watching a commentors lp of it does make it less scary.
-It doesn't have very much plot and is, from what I saw(didn't see the whole game, just to the apartments) It was merely get the key to get another key to get another key to get another key. They don't get creative. Its always either a literal key or a code.
-That judge puzzle was really stupid, IMO.
-You know that section where you're collecting tarot cards and they show up in better detail for a bit? They could have used the same mechanics for a map, there was no excuse for no maps.
-All of the messages on the walls were horribly broken English, but it IS a Russian project so you can't really fault them for that. Atleast they tried.
-Also the few sections that use physics from the source engine dont fit and can kinda break the mood.

All in all, it was still really great. Especially for a fan project.

Can anybody find/get me the track that plays in the Golden Dragon restaurant? it was really great.
Heather is my spirit animal, and Alessa is my Stand.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 pm

jam6i wrote:I'm working on a few things with it. I'm taking screengrabs of all files and important documents. I'm also working on making some maps, since the game doesn't provide any (which would have been really useful at some points in the game). I am also going to make a text walkthrough with accompanying screenshots. And finally I plan on just recording thw whole thing as ap walkthrough.

For the video, I'm probably going to do a faceacam to capture all my reactions, and talk and make as many jokes as i can. Because based on my research over the last 60 years (I'm old, okay?) it seems people love it when LPers overexaggerate reactions when things git scurrry.

I can't wait
Do you have a youtube account?

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 am

Man, the puzzles in this game were phenomenal. Totally hearkens back to the puzzles of the original games. There are no dumb sliding tile puzzles or shaking sods cans here, it's all classic Silent Hill stuff.

I'd love for this to be canon, because it actually expands locations like the Town Center from SH1.

And there's a "nowhere" style section at the end that is honestly probably more confusing than SH1's nowhere. Definitely took me a bit to figure it out. I f*cking loved it. I miss the days of actually stopping and going "what the hell???"

All in all, I was extremely pleased with it.

I'm still seeing like youtube lpers and such complaining their asses off about the fact there are no enemies to fight. I gotta be honest here, enemies in this game would have been a bad idea. It's all about puzzles and exploration.

If you're a SH fan that loves exploration and solving creepy puzzles, this one's for you!

I would love more content from the team that made this.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 am

jam6i wrote:Man, the puzzles in this game were phenomenal. Totally hearkens back to the puzzles of the original games. There are no dumb sliding tile puzzles or shaking sods cans here, it's all classic Silent Hill stuff.

I'd love for this to be canon, because it actually expands locations like the Town Center from SH1.

And there's a "nowhere" style section at the end that is honestly probably more confusing than SH1's nowhere. Definitely took me a bit to figure it out. I f*cking loved it. I miss the days of actually stopping and going "what the hell???"

All in all, I was extremely pleased with it.

I'm still seeing like youtube lpers and such complaining their asses off about the fact there are no enemies to fight. I gotta be honest here, enemies in this game would have been a bad idea. It's all about puzzles and exploration.

If you're a SH fan that loves exploration and solving creepy puzzles, this one's for you!

I would love more content from the team that made this.

Sounds really cool

Lost In The Fog

Post by Lost In The Fog on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 pm

I love it! Currently playing it. Probably near the end. It absolutely nails the Team Silent feeling. (and no, I'm not a TS fanboy). Everything is spot on. It really feels like a SH game.
REVEAL SPOILER
I do sense another delusional murderous amnesiac though

But I have to admit, some monsters would be nice if not mandatory. It does kinda kill the mood a little.. sorry. However, any self-respecting SH fan should play this gem. 8-)

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:03 am

I'm pretty sure I heard them say awhile back that the project is done. Unless it's a patch to fix bugs or whatever, Alchemilla Mod is done. The team didn't have the programmers necessary to work in enemies, but not for lack of trying on their part, they put calls out numerous times for potential programmers but I don't think anything came of it. If they put in enemies now without the proper programmers it would completely break the game. Like getting a Z shaped piece in Tetris.

Next

Return to Silent Hill Fan Works