Infernal

High Priest

SH234 Viewer doesn't dump anything

Post by Infernal on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:30 pm

I've searched all over for an original model of Heather (as in, default Heather), but I can't find any. There is one for GMod, but that probably uses Alyx's model and only uses Heather's texture. There's a guy here who also has 3DS models, I'm gonna PM him after I post this. (if any of you have the models I'm looking for, disregard the question coming up).

So, I'm trying to dump the models and textures myself, and I see everyone talking about how easy it is, but I press F2 to dump a model in the viewer, and it does nothing. Nothing comes up like "Dumping..." or anything, so I just assume it's not dumping it. So I close, and see that there's no dumped files.
Anybody know anything about this? Or do you need more information?

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Alchemilla Hospital Director

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

I'm pretty sure you can't dump with that program. Well, not models, just textures. There is a dumping FAQ here but I've only tried one program besides the one SH3 viewer that does dump, that's available somewhere, need to find it. Or maybe that's the one that dumps to a text file.. I don't have the programs installed currently, can't check.

However, I have had numerous problems dumping things with any OS besides WinXP, especially Vista and Win7, because the permissions don't want to let you write to the directory. I think with the viewer you press f4 or whatever, and it SHOULD dump everything to the same directory that the files are in, but some OSs give you problems doing so. I imagine this could be remedied by changing permissions on the file or directory or something, but alternatives are using a computer running an older OS, dumping with 3D ripper dx (but that only works with older versions of direct x), and putting the arc or bin files somewhere like "my documents" and running everything there until you're done dumping.

There are Heather models for download in this topic .
ImageImage

Infernal

High Priest

Post by Infernal on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm running DirectX10 and on Vista, though I'm confident I have no problems with directories (I did back when I had Vista Basic or something, now I'm running Ultimate and never do).
I'm pretty sure the software I'm using is supposed to dump to a text file, and it's the one in that FAQ which is supposed to extract models and textures (SH234 Level/Model Viewer).

I've checked the models topic as well; I'm looking for the original Heather outfit, but it's not there, but at the bottom of the thread there's a post from you, from two years ago saying you'll get normal Heather up :p

Thanks for replying but my problem still isn't solved :(

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm

I think there is a memory of alessa file, which is the same as regular heather but the textures would need to be swapped. I don't have any of these programs installed anymore, so i can't recall much.

with the level viewer i don't have any problems dumping textures, though. i think i used a converter from the sh modifications yahoo group because it dumps a bunch of text files and they need to be all put together as one file, and I did that by selecting them all and dragging and dropping them into the sh3tmsa program (sh3 to milkshape converter), then opening in milkshape and converting them to whatever format i wanted.

here is the link to the moa model"
nur_ein_tier wrote:Which Heather?

I have Heather in jeans:
http://alchemillahospital.net/dl/Heatherinjeans.zip

and Memory of Alessa (can be changed to regular Heather with the appropriate textures, though):
http://alchemillahospital.net/dl/moa.zip
ImageImage

Infernal

High Priest

Post by Infernal on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Okay, cheers.
I'll try to swap the textures myself when I have the time, it should be no problem.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:39 am

I found one in ms3d format and uploaded:
http://www.alchemillahospital.net/dl/heather.rar
ImageImage

Return to Silent Hill 3 Modding