Strangelove

Lost in my own thoughts.

Adding shirts for Heather?

Post by Strangelove on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Hihi, as of yesterday I gained a large interest in modding skins for Heather, and I've been curious about something, can you add EXTRA outfits? As in add new textures for new shirts without replacing another?
Member of SHC? Add me on MSN or Steam!

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:24 am

I don't think so. You'd have to break the game or fix the coding. You can keep the shirts, just make sure to back them up before you replace them.

Strangelove

Lost in my own thoughts.

Post by Strangelove on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:37 am

SDjilliaRE wrote:I don't think so. You'd have to break the game or fix the coding. You can keep the shirts, just make sure to back them up before you replace them.

That's what I figured and feared, oh well, thanks for your time and input, this question has been bugging me all day.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:47 am

No problem. : ) I'd like to get into the menu and change the icons, but even that might be a challenge.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Alchemilla Hospital Director

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:45 am

SD is right. You can't add more than the allotted number. I recommend backing up chrpl.arc in another folder, or what I do is put each original file in a zip file so i can just unzip and overwrite my changes if I want to.

I can't remember where the menu itms screen is, but I suppose it'd be possible to change those to a new image if you wanted to. I've never tried though, and I don't recall where that file is.
ImageImage

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 am

You are so much more organized than I am. xD I just dump the pures all on my desktop and then import the new ones.

I cannot find them at all. A lot of background textures are in-game, so I know they're there, but the texture explorer can't find them. I wanted to edit the subway posters, but I can't access them.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Alchemilla Hospital Director

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

Wow, I don't think anyone has ever called me organized before. =0P

Yeah sh3 is a pain in the arse because of that, can't access half the stuff. you can export all of them with the level viewer, but then you can't re-import with that, which sucks. And this is why I prefer messing with sh2.
ImageImage

Strangelove

Lost in my own thoughts.

Post by Strangelove on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks guys, *sigh* I guess I can just dream of having a massive wardrobe without swapping the files :P

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. x[ The SH games are extremely sensitive to hacks, unlike games like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. Although MarioKart64n did some cool stuff on nur's old forum, like creating an SH4 mod where you could play as Cynthia.

Strangelove

Lost in my own thoughts.

Post by Strangelove on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

SDjilliaRE wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. x[ The SH games are extremely sensitive to hacks, unlike games like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. Although MarioKart64n did some cool stuff on nur's old forum, like creating an SH4 mod where you could play as Cynthia.

No need to apologize,but UPDATE: it's come to my attention that I'm too terrible with photo-shop to create a custom shirt, so I will instead appreciate the works of others.

Mercury

raging horny pussy slut

Post by Mercury on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Well I enjoy taking commissions, so if you ever have an idea you want for a shirt, hit me up. : )

Return to Silent Hill 3 Modding