warra2307

PC version mods.

Post by warra2307 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 am

Hey guys :) Sorry for my first post to be a question lol I hope im posting in the correct area (sorry if im not)

Ive been a fan of Silent hill (Mostly the second) since i first played it! I recently bought the HD collection and was pretty disgusted at how badly it was made. I sold it and started looking around for a cheap ps2 just so i could play silent hill 2! Then, by chance, i came across a PC version (had no idea it came out on the pc) in a charity shop. I am currently installing it now and wondered if there were ANY HD mods, animation mods etc out there. I happened across this amazing website (Im honestly not saying that to brown nose lol) and found alot of people talking about mods. Mostly to change skins to other popular characters in the series. (James to Heather etc)

What mods would you suggest installing for Silent Hill 2:Directors cut? Are there any that improve the game play experience, fix bugs etc?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

PC version mods.

Post by Naroon on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Most mods are texture/model mods, camera hacks, things like that. Not anything major out there from what I've seen. There is a way to get a native 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratio along with higher resolutions than the game allows you to set in the options, which requires some psuedo-advanced tinkering with hex editors and whatnot.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

warra2307

PC version mods.

Post by warra2307 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks very much guys! Im going to take alook at the aspect ratio and mods shortly after x mas! Once again thanks very much and hope you both have a great 'silent' christmas.. didnt work did it? Lol sounded better in my head ><

Darwisdom

PC version mods.

Post by Darwisdom on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:04 am

NarooN wrote:Most mods are texture/model mods, camera hacks, things like that. Not anything major out there from what I've seen. There is a way to get a native 16:10 or 16:9 aspect ratio along with higher resolutions than the game allows you to set in the options, which requires some psuedo-advanced tinkering with hex editors and whatnot.

Are HD texture mods possible in the PC version?

PaulSilentin

PC version mods.

Post by PaulSilentin on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 am

Darwisdom wrote:Are HD texture mods possible in the PC version?

It is not possible right now, because we need to hack game/archive/executable file limits and extend it, that was never done by anyone, as i know.

Mercury

PC version mods.

Post by Mercury on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm

I think SH2 has a limited amount of textures to work with as well. I know SH3 and 4 have image files that are inaccessible (environment textures in 3 like the subway and I know Henry's shirt is elusive).
ya fuckin rite

Return to Silent Hill 2 Modding