MilkManEX

SH2 PC with HD collection voiceovers

Post by MilkManEX on Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 am

So this is a project I started forever ago. If you get the PC versions of SH2 and SH3 running adequately (and use a gamepad), they are absolutely the best versions of the games. That said, I was curious about the new voices, so I picked up a copy of the HD re-release for the PS3 and, despite their best efforts to patch it, it just never ran right for me. Additionally, I found some of the new textures to be entirely too.. clean when compared to the originals.

So I delved into the recesses of the HD collection and found the audio files in roughly the same structure as SH2 PC's, albeit stripped of file names that identify the dialogue therein. Since then I've extracted the audio data, sorted the files based on the characters speaking, and have been in the process of renaming them and converting them to the file type used by SH2 PC (Though note that the dialogue in the HD collection is recorded in surround and I've had to strip that data in order for it to play nice with SH2 PC).

I had never really planned on releasing this and I've been endlessly lazy in returning to the task. If there's any kind of demand for it, I might bother finishing up what I started, so I ask: is anyone else interested?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm down. This is interesting to me, as I never got the HDC (not out of spite, I just didn't feel the need since I already had the PC versions, so I could already play in HD resolutions), but was interested in playing with the new voices. I recall back on the GFAQs boards while the war was still going on last year, that someone mentioned they managed to mod the 360 version and get the original SH3 voices working by using the PC version data.

So yeah, keep us posted!

MilkManEX

Post by MilkManEX on Mon May 13, 2013 1:29 pm

The HD release of SH3 and the PC version use almost identical file structures, so with a hacked 360 you could absolutely modify the ISO and run it, though it would likely fail validity checks and result in a ban.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 am

Yeah, that's why I never bothered installing a CFW on my PS3, I actually enjoy my access to the PSN lol. It's either hack the system and enjoy the new functionality, or login and get perma-banned.

Return to Silent Hill 2 Modding