Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

PC Port ?

Post by Otherworld on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:53 am

This seems surprising, and I don't believe it myself, but there are stories of DP getting a PC port.

https://www.mobipicker.com/silent-hill-downpour-pc-port/

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

PC Port ?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:35 am

Just passing through, but I know ROH posted a thing about it recently:
http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news ... velopment/

I just recall being greatly disappointed to learn it wasn't going to be released on PC, mainly because I liked poking around in the files.
ImageImageImage

Tabris

PC Port ?

Post by Tabris on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I wish it'd come to PC. I really loved Downpour.

But with that, I wish they'd be a lot easier to buy on PC in general. But for some reason Konami hasn't put them on Steam other than Homecoming, which is still somehow $44.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

PC Port ?

Post by PinentidHead on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:13 pm

I am aware Downpour will be available for PS4, among with a lot of titles. It seams they wish to kill PS3 ASAP!

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

PC Port ?

Post by Naroon on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:38 pm

I don't understand. The title of that article says the PC version is "officially confirmed to be in development", but there is literally nothing indicating this to be the case. All there is is the knowledge that a PC version was in development years ago alongside the other versions, but was canceled, which isn't new news.

The writer then postulates that Downpour being released on Xbox One via X360 BC is somehow a sign that the PC version could appear next year? These things are not linked or related at all. It's not as if they rebuilt the game to run on X1 or anything. The X1 is still emulating the game, it's not running natively or anything.

I am aware Downpour will be available for PS4, among with a lot of titles. It seams they wish to kill PS3 ASAP!

The only way this could happen is if they offer it on PS Now, which isn't really it truly running on the PS4, it's just being streamed.

I would love a native PC release of SH: DP, as I never got around to playing the game. The mess of technical issues was pretty off-putting.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

PC Port ?

Post by PinentidHead on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:03 pm

^ I don't know the details but Downpour is confirmed for PS4 along with several games selected to be available. Despite the low score, the game got enough popularity to remain in the sales for top consoles - interesting.

I think the difference between PC version and emulation is the speed - emulators require a lot of the PC. But there is no further differences, the source code is basically the same.

Return to Silent Hill Downpour