Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Downpour Glitching (Finishing the Series)

Post by Otherworld on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Haha ...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 am

^That is amazing, I didnt think of that. Its true, the left (red) path leads to the Monocle Man, and the right (blue) path doesnt go anywhere.

Its actually amazing that you can't even see the split in normal gameplay because before the split comes into view, that Weeping Bat jumps on Murphy and the camera switches to a front-to-rear angle. The split is obscured by the forced camera angle. Its basically impossible to see there is a split while riding on the train, so you can imagine my confusion when I was exploring this area that there was this mysterious fork in the road and blue path I had never seen before.

Perhaps sometime during development they decided they wanted to hide this split and that's where the Weeping Bat assault comes from?
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:36 pm

This is one of the major ones.

I get out of bounds in the Devil's Ride section. You know the part with the waterfalls and the mannequin freakout? All that? Yea, I explore that area on foot. It is by far the largest out of bounds area in the game. No other out of bounds area comes even remotely close to how large this area is.

I wish this part was accessible on foot in normal gameplay. This is just too cool for a rail segment.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:14 am

jam6i wrote:^That is amazing, I didnt think of that. Its true, the left (red) path leads to the Monocle Man, and the right (blue) path doesnt go anywhere.

Its actually amazing that you can't even see the split in normal gameplay because before the split comes into view, that Weeping Bat jumps on Murphy and the camera switches to a front-to-rear angle. The split is obscured by the forced camera angle. Its basically impossible to see there is a split while riding on the train, so you can imagine my confusion when I was exploring this area that there was this mysterious fork in the road and blue path I had never seen before.

Perhaps sometime during development they decided they wanted to hide this split and that's where the Weeping Bat assault comes from?

Maybe it was meant for Anne .....

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm now currently on the Centennial Building level and gonna give a heads up, pretty soon I'll be posting videos where I do things like clone the Void (up to 30 times) and also bring the Void into the Centennial Building level by breaking it out of the otherworld section, as well as explore the Centennial otherworld sections WITHOUT the Void chasing Murphy.

Lot of fun stuff coming soon.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm

This is a good one. In this part I get up close with the Wheelman during the Centennial Building otherworld conveyor sequence.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:40 pm

This is one I've been dying to get to. I clone the Centennial Building otherworld Void over and over. Betcha never thought you'd see that!

Make sure to wear headphones if you want to hear the full wrath and fury of many cloned Voids yelling at once.

But if you have epilepsy please don't watch it. I've got warnings on the video because the red flashing gets pretty intense.

And make sure you can watch it with annotations, because I put a Void counter in the top right.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:41 pm

^ Ya, that video is insane !!! It's like the void is soooo super pissed it can't kill you lololo...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Oh yea they are mad. And they get even madder. Try 31 of them screaming at once.

Part 2 of Void Cloning

And here's a little info on it.
--------------------

Q: What happens after 31 Voids?

A: If you didn't notice before, each single Void seems to carry with it a little bit of "white" with it, and as more Voids are collected it seems those accumulated whites cancel out the reds. Each additional Void makes the collection brighter and brighter. So (aside from the obvious lag) I guess it would make the area increasingly brighter (perhaps eventually lighting up the whole garage area if I kept going). Also at Void 30 I started noticing a high pitched "Screaming" coming from the Void collection, and this was even more prominent in Void 31. I would imagine this is the beginning of a new stage of the Void collection, that perhaps the high pitched screaming gets louder and louder?

Q: Is there a limit to how many voids can be collected?

A: No clue. I really couldn't say. It might not even be possible to find out merely by collecting them like this because the game lag gets so intense it's extremely difficult to pause the game at the right moment to load the walkway below Murphy, and of course the lag gets so bad the game can't even despawn the area in time when falling. You can't see in the video, but somewhere around Void 25 it starts getting to the point where I have to time the pause a second or two BEFORE I actually want the game to pause since the game literally starts struggling to keep up with controller inputs.

Q:Have you gotten more than 31?

A: No. This is the highest number of Voids I collected in a single run. I may eventually go back and try to get more. Maybe. Just to see the changes that may occur at higher numbers. I'd record it though.

--------------------

The next parts will be more laid back. Have you ever wished to see exploration of the Centennial Building chase sequences without the Void chasing Murphy? Well, I do that. Takin' my time.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Those voids are pissed off lol.

Great video !

It's gonna be good to see what the void areas actually look like too.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:24 pm

The Centennial chase areas with the Void deactivated:

I really, really hate it when a game forces a player to run through certain sections of said game. Ya know, if you have cool looking areas, it's kind of dumb and a possible waste of those assets to throw in a thing that will kill you if you stop to take a look around. Shattered Memories and Downpour both would have been so much cooler if those dumb chases were removed. Like, chases are okay if the area you are being chased through is something you've already been given time to explore. But why bother making unique cool looking areas if players can't actually look at them?

If someone came up with a Shattered Memories hack that took out those dumb raw shock chases and allowed players to explore the ice world at their own pace, that person would be a god.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:30 pm

The void seems to cause more harm to the game by not letting you experience that area without it .... At least for a little while.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Otherworld wrote:The void seems to cause more harm to the game by not letting you experience that area without it .... At least for a little while.

Yeah...I always stated that Downpour would have benefitted more if they would have omitted the chase scenes. Downpour had some interesting looking Otherworld Chase-scene environments. Downpour also wasn't a bad looking game and the overall game performance ran a lot more smoothly than Homecoming, that had framerate issues.

Compare Murph's walking animation's to Homecoming's...Downpour was just a more smoothly running game even with it's glitches. Homecoming was very choppy with it's animations. I would have gave Vatra another shot at this series if Konami would have kept them signed on as developer.

Aggh..there I go making comparisons....XD.....that vid is making want to play Downpour again....I haven't touched that game in a few years.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:00 pm

It's back, bitches.

It actually didn't go anywhere. Just, first I got a copyright strike in November of 2015 that restricted video length to 15 minutes, making these videos impossible to publish. Then that expired in May and I had other projects I was busy editing so I put it off. Now I'm going to try and finish this. The videos have been on my hard drive for like two years now. I'm ready to be f'n done with this.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:58 pm

It's always fun to watch these videos.

DipDop

Post by DipDop on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:06 am

These videos rule.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Part 34 getting out of bounds in the north courtyard area of the monastery.

Noting too major this time but this level gets interesting later.

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Sequence break 2nd floor monastery, getting up close with the girl in the chair and more.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:19 am

Haha...good stuff Jam!... 8-) ...It's weird seeing what happens behind the scenes during these events. Everything is pre-programmed to do something and that's it... :D ....after that girl runs into that room she just sits there by the bookcase and her "role" is done...

You are like an anomaly that wasn't supposed to be there.... :D
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

jam6i

Post by jam6i on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Part 36 Monastery Theater hallway out of bounds

This sequence break is also the only way to reach the Hansel and Gretel forest section that is located hundreds of feet below the theater.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill Downpour