Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:07 pm

After reading the Anne's story comic I am wondering.....

Would it have been better if Downpour was set up like RE 1 and 2?
I am fairly sure that this idea was floated around during development if I am not mistaken.

But to me, it would have been something that would have been a real plus to the game. Mind you it would need the proper time for development, funding, and marketing.

That being said, I think it would have been a great idea.

Do you?

Silenthill4life

If you could choose.....

Post by Silenthill4life on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah I think it would have been a great idea, but it would have required much more processing power, time and dedication to pull of a good quality game of that nature.

And I believe downpour was rushed as it was from time constraints so I don't think it would have happened.

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 am

Yup, I just think Anne's story was just as good or even better in some aspects than Murphy's story.

We all know DP was rushed, but given the amount of TLC it deserved, man, I think it could have really been great if it had two different campaigns.

Such a shame, as reading the comic it is quite clear, a walk through for Anne during game play would have been pretty cool .

The comics were very enjoyable, they seem to capture what Anne's was all about.

Silenthill4life

If you could choose.....

Post by Silenthill4life on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 pm

I really wish they did a dlc for downpour covering Anne's side of the game. It really was the perfect setup for a dlc. I understand that Vatra games went bankrupt but Konami should have at least attempted to contract another company to produce the dlc.
It's an SH game. It would have at least made a turnover even if it didn't make a substantial profit.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

If you could choose.....

Post by clips7 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:49 am

yeah...just imagine if Downpour was structured like RE2..in how you can play one campaign as Murphy and the other as Anne, but have their storylines affect the other according to what you do in the game...like how it was implemented in RE2....i think that style would have worked perfectly for downpour.

But giving you the best bang for your buck in unheard of nowadays, and they would have never created a game in which they was offering you two games in one,...nope they would have offered Anne's story as DLC. And i'm not blaming Konami here..it's the industry itself as a whole. They want to nickel and dime you for everything...which in reality they are just releasing incomplete games for you to purchase through DLC..

Back in the day companies used to try to squeeze everything they could into a game top please the consumer, now it's just a cash grab and see if we can squeeze water out of a rock from folks....wow...did not know where that came from...lol, but i'm just saying that if Downpour was structured in the manner that you played as two main characters, i think it would have benefited that much more...actually REmake does this as well in regards to the playthroughs of Jill and Chris...
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Silenthill4life

If you could choose.....

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 am

clips7 wrote:yeah...just imagine if Downpour was structured like RE2..in how you can play one campaign as Murphy and the other as Anne, but have their storylines affect the other according to what you do in the game...like how it was implemented in RE2....i think that style would have worked perfectly for downpour.

But giving you the best bang for your buck in unheard of nowadays, and they would have never created a game in which they was offering you two games in one,...nope they would have offered Anne's story as DLC. And i'm not blaming Konami here..it's the industry itself as a whole. They want to nickel and dime you for everything...which in reality they are just releasing incomplete games for you to purchase through DLC..

Back in the day companies used to try to squeeze everything they could into a game top please the consumer, now it's just a cash grab and see if we can squeeze water out of a rock from folks....wow...did not know where that came from...lol, but i'm just saying that if Downpour was structured in the manner that you played as two main characters, i think it would have benefited that much more...actually REmake does this as well in regards to the playthroughs of Jill and Chris...

We need executives of gaming companies to take a chance and offer a whole lot more for a lower price. I honestly think it will work.
If it's a good quality game and it's offered at a medium to low price, people will be pleased. It might not make for incredible profits but it would serve well for marketing the gaming company and such.

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 am

clips7 wrote:yeah...just imagine if Downpour was structured like RE2..in how you can play one campaign as Murphy and the other as Anne, but have their storylines affect the other according to what you do in the game...like how it was implemented in RE2....i think that style would have worked perfectly for downpour.

^ Ya, that is what got me thinking about it. I am playing REmake right now as well. Just by the way RE1 and RE2 were set up, you can really see that Downpour would have fit quite nicely set up the same way.

Everything would be the same until you get to the part where Murphy has to chosse to save Anne. That is where the 2 stories would separate. Just like the comic.

Konami missed the boat here. But they have nobody to blame but themselves ......

Silenthill4life wrote:We need executives of gaming companies to take a chance and offer a whole lot more for a lower price. I honestly think it will work.
If it's a good quality game and it's offered at a medium to low price, people will be pleased. It might not make for incredible profits but it would serve well for marketing the gaming company and such.

^ Ya sounds great but it will never happen. What I see, more and more, are titles released that are marketed very well, but produced poorly.

Take Assasins Creed Unity ...

People paid $69.99 for that ......

:nom:

Silenthill4life

If you could choose.....

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Otherworld wrote:^ Ya sounds great but it will never happen. What I see, more and more, are titles released that are marketed very well, but produced poorly.

Take Assasins Creed Unity ...

People paid $69.99 for that ......

:nom:

AC franchise is becoming worse and worse. Originally it was supposed to be a trilogy but now they are releasing more and more sequels, stretching the plot as much as possible, just in an attempt to squeeze every penny out of the consumer.
It's almost like apple. Minor changes (and sometimes with technical issues present) and they are out talking about a new whole game, that is "so much better than the last one".

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:37 pm

^ Couldn't agree more !

Yet everyone still eats it up ...... :nom:

Tabris

If you could choose.....

Post by Tabris on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:24 am

I haven't actually read Anne's Story (saving it for my next huge Silent Hill binge) yet, but this would have been such a cool idea.

I really wish they did the DLC for her too. I loved Downpour but there was a lot more potential there than what actually was made sadly.

The relationship between her and Murphy was probably my favorite thing about the game.

Meltdown

If you could choose.....

Post by Meltdown on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:50 pm

clips7 wrote:But giving you the best bang for your buck in unheard of nowadays, and they would have never created a game in which they was offering you two games in one,...nope they would have offered Anne's story as DLC. And i'm not blaming Konami here..it's the industry itself as a whole. They want to nickel and dime you for everything...which in reality they are just releasing incomplete games for you to purchase through DLC..
I dunno, I don't mind paying for a DLC if its high quality and a full length game. If Anne were to have a parallel storyline to the Murphy one, which I think would've been a huge addition to Downpour, that would be worth a few extra bucks. The Burial at Sea DLC for BioShock Infinite would be a good example of DLC that was essentially an entirely separate game on the same disc, and for that reason, I didn't feel ripped off paying for it. And to do it right, I think Anne would need a story pretty close to full length, much longer than say Maria's side story in SH2.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

DipDop

If you could choose.....

Post by DipDop on Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Including Anne's Story in Downpour would have made it so much better it's not even funny. What a missed opportunity.

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Mon May 09, 2016 8:48 am

^I would have paid for that DLC....

Parvatii

Mind of Destructive Taste

If you could choose.....

Post by Parvatii on Mon May 09, 2016 9:16 am

I agree that it would have framed DP a lot better. I do have to say, even though I have not read the comic, the art style is quite lovely.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Mon May 09, 2016 9:53 am

I enjoyed it ...

DipDop

If you could choose.....

Post by DipDop on Wed May 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Anne's Story had actual horror elements in it. I loved Downpour, but it was not scary. At all. It was more like a mystery game than anything. Anne's parts were at least somewhat frightening in sections, something that was desperately missing from the main game.

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Wed May 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Her manifestations were really good too. One of her monsters was pretty freaky IMO.

Meltdown

If you could choose.....

Post by Meltdown on Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Man, I really need to read it now..
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

Otherworld

If you could choose.....

Post by Otherworld on Thu May 19, 2016 8:38 am

Meltdown wrote:Man, I really need to read it now..

Just to clarify, I am speaking about one specific monster. Which is manifested for a really good reason. The others are ok, and will seem familiar.

But the one I am speaking about, was pretty crazy..... at least to me .....

Return to Silent Hill Downpour