Flesh lips

physical murphys journal

Post by Flesh lips on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm

i think it would be sick if the makers of the game got all the maps notes and the whole deal and put it all in that leather binding that murphys journal is made out of that way we can have a nice "collectable". we could even do it some roughed up looking paper and some leather and a week or two and bam!

andredavila

physical murphys journal

Post by andredavila on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:12 am

I thought this is good idea.The makers of the game should have to give more concern on this issue.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

physical murphys journal

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:38 am

It would be a freakin cool prop to have, yeah.
ImageImage

jam6i

physical murphys journal

Post by jam6i on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:07 pm

I dunno if you guys saw the thread I had in GF, but part of it was I put together the maps and the 57 mysteries from Murphy's journal.

If you would like, I could also go back to Murphy's journal (even though I thought I was freaking done with it) and put together the background "templates" of the journal (the grey pages before Murphy puts stuff in it).

There are only a left and right page, repeated over and over again until no longer needed.

That way, you could print out the mysteries or maps I put together and pretend you are Murphy by putting them on the templates.

Or I could go one step further, and make new files that have the stuff on the background pages, and they could just be printed off as one.

It would look like actual pages from a journal, and not be all screwed up with perspective distortion.

I dunno. What do you think?
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

TinTinKyrano

International Rescue

physical murphys journal

Post by TinTinKyrano on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

I've made a physical Murphy Pendleton journal and posted a picture on Deviantart :D

I'm currently playing the game in 3D on PS3. I only found out this month that I could play it 3D! :lol:
I came to this site cuz I was looking for the script cause I'm making a second gameplay notebook guide including drawing out the Deep Mines area that don't have official maps in the Prima guide.

I've made a notebook for each of the past 7 Silent Hill games as I was playing them in order in anticipation for game 9 Silent Hills release that was projected for October 2016, but that got cancelled :cry:

This site and SilentHillMemories have been invaluable in fueling my crafting. Thanks!

http://pre00.deviantart.net/31c8/th/pre ... 7wv8e1.jpg

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

physical murphys journal

Post by Otherworld on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:48 pm

I'd love to see the other note books. The DP note book looks great!

jam6i

physical murphys journal

Post by jam6i on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Really happy that folks out there have been able to use those maps and mysteries I edited together for cool things. It still drives me nuts I couldn't fix the broken road where Murphy's bus crashes. I think I scrapped the entire map like 2 or 3 times just to fix that one thing, which was the only error on the completed map.

The roads simply don't match up. It's not an issue of bad editing on my part. Quite literally, the two road segments are not aligned at any point there is an overlap on the pages. It's as though the two segments are from two completely different maps.

And the fact the diversion occurs literally at the same point, and in the same direction, that he road takes in Downpour, where the bus crashes...

The journal looks awesome.

That final map consisted of around 500 different segments and layers. God. That was a miserable project. But the end result was worth it.

Oh god. Mirror Cove bridge. Oh god. I remember. You have no idea. The nightmares of Mirror Cove bridge.

Otherworld

physical murphys journal

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:34 pm

^ That map was AWESOME !

jam6i

physical murphys journal

Post by jam6i on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 am

Good memories.

Good, awful, fun memories.

Looking back at that map gives me ptsd.

Need a health drink, stat. :health:

TinTinKyrano

International Rescue

Otherworld

physical murphys journal

Post by Otherworld on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:13 am

Fantastic work !

Tabris

physical murphys journal

Post by Tabris on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Wow, I love it. Really, really cool work.

Return to Silent Hill Downpour