Give or get help if you're stuck on a section of one of the games.
Forum rules
Remember to make your thread titles as clear as possible and put the game title in the subject of your help thread when posting!
Examples: "SH2 Cockroach Room" or "SH4 Walter Boss"

yew

Read error on my SH Homecoming CD problem

Post by yew on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:05 pm

When I try to install SH Homecoming,the CD installs everything but the near the end I get the message
Read error in the file E:\Silent Hill Homecoming.part.exe
and then installation doesn't continue
Did anyone else get this problem?

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:55 pm

I heard this game had numerous glitches so it could be pretty much anything. Have you successfully installed the game before on the same PC you are using now? What operating system are you using? Have you tried updating directX and/or other drivers?

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Post by Tenebra on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:40 pm

According to what you say is a problem reading one of the installation files, so I would doubt that it were a problem specifically with the configuration of your PC. Apparently there is a problem with the copy itself. Try to install the same copy on another computer if you have that possibility and see what happens.

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 am

If thats the case it might be similar to what happened to me when I tried to install Vice City on win7. The installation gave a message saying that the disc has a file missing. I decided to try to install it on an older computer and it installed fine. I copied the installation files to a memory stick and moved them on the other computer. Regardless of installation problems the game worked otherwise fine.

Return to Silent Hill Game Help