Give or get help if you're stuck on a section of one of the games.
Forum rules
Remember to make your thread titles as clear as possible and put the game title in the subject of your help thread when posting!
Examples: "SH2 Cockroach Room" or "SH4 Walter Boss"

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Buying Recommendations +My Experiences with the games so far

Post by Otherworld on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 am

TomRL wrote:So I did a marathon from the hospital to the finish. My one big want by the end was to have a better performance for Angela. Better performance overall would be nice but Angela in particular really needed a better VO. Her character was excellent.

About to try and finish SH1 since I'm sold that SH3 is a continuation. What I'm really looking forward to is SH4 though.

Angela's voice actress was chosen with a purpose. That purpose was to make it seem like she was older than what she really was. She is 19 but I believe the voice actress that played her was in her 40's.

They were trying to show that in a way she has aged beyond her years .........

TomRL

Post by TomRL on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Otherworld wrote:
TomRL wrote:So I did a marathon from the hospital to the finish. My one big want by the end was to have a better performance for Angela. Better performance overall would be nice but Angela in particular really needed a better VO. Her character was excellent.

About to try and finish SH1 since I'm sold that SH3 is a continuation. What I'm really looking forward to is SH4 though.

Angela's voice actress was chosen with a purpose. That purpose was to make it seem like she was older than what she really was. She is 19 but I believe the voice actress that played her was in her 40's.

They were trying to show that in a way she has aged beyond her years .........

Clever idea, but it was still a shit performance whatever age the actress was. I know Silent Hill tries to do the whole Twin Peaks thing, but Twin Peaks was supposed to be uncanny. Very realistic, but with a feel of abnormality you can't quite put your finger on. The SH2 cast didn't have anywhere near the subtlety to pull that off.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:56 pm

I thought it was done well. To each their own I guess...

TomRL

Post by TomRL on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:30 am

I planned on completing SH1 and SH3 soon, but since SH3 has been spoiled for me I'm going to go straight to SH4 and then leave for a while. Probably a year or more. There might be a small chance that I'll have flushed those thoughts from my mind in that time.
Any chance someone can help me get the pc version? I can only find the download on dodgy websites.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:52 am

TomRL wrote:I planned on completing SH1 and SH3 soon, but since SH3 has been spoiled for me I'm going to go straight to SH4 and then leave for a while. Probably a year or more. There might be a small chance that I'll have flushed those thoughts from my mind in that time.
Any chance someone can help me get the pc version? I can only find the download on dodgy websites.

Sorry about that ......^

TomRL

Post by TomRL on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:02 pm

I've been trying to get Silent Hill 4 working on my pc for about four hours now. Closest I've got is a game that boots up, fades into white, fades into black, jitters a little, then turns off again. ECH Fuck Konami

Previous

Return to Silent Hill Game Help