Give or get help if you're stuck on a section of one of the games.
Forum rules
Remember to make your thread titles as clear as possible and put the game title in the subject of your help thread when posting!
Examples: "SH2 Cockroach Room" or "SH4 Walter Boss"

eru777

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by eru777 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Hey all. I am really in a pinch , so I came here to ask you guys/girls for help.
The cybil boss is so hard , the fact of the matter is that I only have one medicinal canteen or whatever that's called. Now, I can get her to drop the weapon, but after that all I have is 10-15 bullets. When I get anywhere near her, she grabs me and kills me in two moves. Is there a melee weapon I can use that will keep me at a considerable distance? She's pretty quick as a zombie.
Should I try and beat her or look at the rest of the game online? I mostly play it for the story , Akira Yamaoka's music and the great atmosphere.
Thanks in advance.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Have you got any of the red liquid from the hospital.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

eru777

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by eru777 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Silly me, I didn't. And I can't go back now because it tells me to save Cheryl. The old saves are ..old.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm

In that case you can go all they way back or continue to with the fight. I advise the first option as it will save you health, time and ammo.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Meltdown

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Meltdown on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah I would try and get that liquid potion if you can.
Hopscotch chalk is made with lead!

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Crystopsy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 pm

If you miss the red liquid, you're unable to go back and obtain it—it has to be found the first time you enter the hospital. One strategy is to keep running from her and wait until you can get a clean shot. Bring along some health drinks in case she hits you, because even if you get hit once your health will deplenish quite a bit. You don't want to stray too far away from her though. She won't attack you and use up her ammo—and you might not have a clear shot. Staying 4 to 5 paces away should do it..

REVEAL SPOILER
She will eventually run out of ammo

In the meantime, just keep plugging away and you will eventually beat her. :)

eru777

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by eru777 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Crystopsy wrote:If you miss the red liquid, you're unable to go back and obtain it—it has to be found the first time you enter the hospital. One strategy is to keep running from her and wait until you can get a clean shot. Bring along some health drinks in case she hits you, because even if you get hit once your health will deplenish quite a bit. You don't want to stray too far away from her though. She won't attack you and use up her ammo—and you might not have a clear shot. Staying 4 to 5 paces away should do it..

REVEAL SPOILER
She will eventually run out of ammo

In the meantime, just keep plugging away and you will eventually beat her. :)

I only have one potion and 15 bullets. I can get her to drop her weapon but I just can't kill her with so few bullets. Whenever I get close enough to hit her with an axe she grabs me and kills me. It's impossible.

Crystopsy

Canadian Role Model

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Crystopsy on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Hmm. In that case, maybe you should revert to a previous save file and try to stock up on some more health drinks and ammunition. Beating her with a melee weapon is damn near impossible.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Naroon on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Cybil will fuck your shit up in a heartbeat if you get too close. She's terrifying, lol. I agree with Crystopsy -- you're better off reverting back to a previous save and stocking up on a health & ammo. I haven't played in a good while, so I don't remember if it's possible to beat her without getting hit.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Otherworld on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

I cannot remember if you have enough bullets for this fight but the best way to ensure you do not get hit is to use the R1 and L1 buttons when she points her gun. She cannot keep up with Harry and will miss quite often.

I hope that helps.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by PinentidHead on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 pm

First time I face Cybil possessed I already got the red liquid by luck, I was walking inside the hospital without a map and trying everything... Years later, I go out of the hospital and than I realize - OMG, I forgot the red liquid! And there is no way back, got to keep going, kill Cybil and you'll able to get the "official" ending tops. I like that ending, but my male side keep pushing me to save Cybil!

Leonard Wolf

Just another resident of Silent Hill

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Leonard Wolf on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Well, the first time I played and finished the game I got the aglaophotis liquid at the hospital and I already knew it was supposed to be used on Cybil because I was using a walkthrough.XD
But as the majority told you here, to avoid ammo waste, first wait for her to run out of bullets and when she approachs you to try to choke you, shoot her with your strongest weapon (I recommend the rifle or the shotgun), if you choose the rifle, as you cannot walk while you are aiming with it, just stay at a middle distance from her and shoot her as many times as you can till she gets close to you, when she gets too close to you just run for her not to choke you, stay at a middle distance again and repeat the process till you kill her, if you choose the shotgun, just keeping shooting her while walking backwards for her not to grab you, it she gets too close to you, jump backwards.
But really, why would you want to kill her? If you do that, you will waste ammo which you might need in Nowhere and get an incomplete ending (although the ending which she survives is not the cannon ending, I know, but at least it's a happier and more complete ending), so, I recommend you to save her which is what I almost always do (when I play, I save her more often than Kauffmann).
But to do that, of course, just make sure you get the red liquid at the hospital and as soon as the battle with her begins, get very close to her and throw the liquid at her immediately.
I hope it helps you.^^

Pieramid_Head

The Pie to Rule All the Pyramids

SH1 Carousel boss

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:09 pm

The Cybil boss is tough... Easily the hardest in the game. What I did (I also missed the damn aglaophotis) is I just strafed about her until she ran out of bullets (never trying to hit her) and then I just pumped round after round of pistol ammo into her... But since you're short on ammo... Hmm... Is Cybil a boss that you can use the "bore it to death" method and she goes away if you don't hit her for a certain amount of time? Can't remember.

EDIT: Just realized that I wrote my post about 6 months after any of the other posts. Probably should've check that before I posted, silly me. :roll:
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Return to Silent Hill Game Help