Give or get help if you're stuck on a section of one of the games.
Forum rules
Remember to make your thread titles as clear as possible and put the game title in the subject of your help thread when posting!
Examples: "SH2 Cockroach Room" or "SH4 Walter Boss"

SLDT

Clarification on Saving in Silent Hill 2

Post by SLDT on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Alright, so, I replayed Silent Hill 2 with a few friends recently to get the Rebirth ending, but when I got to the end of the game, I saw in the ranking screen that I had apparently only gotten two of the four main endings, when I know that I have played through the game three times - this playthrough being my third - on what I thought to be the same file. I have saves of all three files, one before the final segment of each and one of the ranking screen of each, and I believe that I played off a new game plus on each file. So, I guess I have three questions:

1) What could have led to the discrepancy? Is it possible for the game to not detect past progress when you start a new game plus, even when you select an old file?

2) Is there a difference between saving using the "Save Possible" and "Save to a New File" options that might have led to this outcome or affected it?

3) If I have the results screen saves from each playthrough, would it be possible to merge them somehow, like you can apparently do with the Born From a Wish scenario in the Greatest Hits version?

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Clarification on Saving in Silent Hill 2

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:30 pm

I think you can make different saves from the same game and they still "count." I know, at least on PC, there is a way you can view the saves and hit something and you can see the letter for each ending (like it says "L" for "Leave") so you can check which ending results are in which files.

3) I am not aware of it being possible.
ImageImage

Return to Silent Hill Game Help