Give or get help if you're stuck on a section of one of the games.
Forum rules
Remember to make your thread titles as clear as possible and put the game title in the subject of your help thread when posting!
Examples: "SH2 Cockroach Room" or "SH4 Walter Boss"

Diolikespie

I need help with Silent Hill 1 (controls for emulation)

Post by Diolikespie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 am

Hey, what's the best control configuration for keyboard and mouse? Or just keyboard.
I don't wanna have any trouble in the game becouse of the controls. You know, I'd buy the game for Xbox if it was on Xbox live. But since I don't have a PS3. The only option is emulation. This is getting off-topic. So can anyone lend me a hand?

Diolikespie

Post by Diolikespie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 am

Just one more thing, that move Harry makes to the left/right. Is it necessary? effective? It's dodgin', right?

Floodclaw

Post by Floodclaw on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:35 am

If you have a wired 360 controller, most emulators let you use that. I'd highly recommend it.
As for the sidestepping, I never actually used it, but it is funny to make Harry hop back and forth.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Mouse would be useless. I assume you're using epsxe, which lets you use any gamepad ever, so if you have one be sure to hook it up.

Otherwise it's possible to get a decent keyboard config that is actually playable. I played thru sh2 using the keyboard before I sorted out gamepad issues.

Diolikespie

Post by Diolikespie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for your reply. But my xbox controller is wireless and I'm not willing to buy an adapter or PC controllers. I wanna enjoy the game of course. But I'm mostly playing it, so I can play Silent Hill 3 for PC and then play Silent Hill Downpour. I bought it, but I wanna beat these ones first. I've beaten 2, Origins and Shattered Memories. I know SM is the exactly the same story from SH 1. But SH 1 has a dark atmosphere that no other Silent Hill has. Can't call myself a fan without beating Silent Hill 1. I would be a liar, well I'm not lying. But you get it.

I had it on PSP. But guess what????? I was a fudgin fool and didn't give it a chance becouse I didn't know it awesomeness. I broke my PSP, I've literally thrown it into the wall. Broke into a lot of pieces. I was fucking mad. At least I've beaten RE 2, 3 on it. It was awesome playing RE on a portable/handheld, call it whatever pleases you. Anyway, where was I? Yeah, I have to beat Silent Hill and I don't wanna buy a controller and can't beat it on my Samsung Galaxy S3 becouse the touch screen is impossible to play. Just imagine playing it at dawn under your blanket. Feels good. Anyway, help me out with the controls, please... I'm using this config at the moment:

Z: Square
X: X
C: Circle
V: Triangle
Space: R1
S: R2
Q: L1
W: L2
Arrows to move
Ctrl: Select
Shift: Start

Thank God dodgin isn't necessary, so it's one less worry.
The faster you guys help me on this one, the faster I get used to the controls.
Last edited by Diolikespie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm.

Diolikespie

Post by Diolikespie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm

NarooN wrote:Mouse would be useless. I assume you're using epsxe, which lets you use any gamepad ever, so if you have one be sure to hook it up.

Otherwise it's possible to get a decent keyboard config that is actually playable. I played thru sh2 using the keyboard before I sorted out gamepad issues.

Yes, I'm using EPSXE.
Great, can you tell me which keys you used?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:23 pm

I would suggest:

Shift: Ready
Spacebar: Attack
W : move forward
A : move left
S : move back
D : move right
Q : map
E : inventory
Tab : start
F : enter/search
V : flashlight
C: search view

That seems like it will be comfortable and give you quicj access to all functions without much finger stretching.

Diolikespie

Post by Diolikespie on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks a bunch, that's very well-elaborated . Guess now I can fully enjoy it.

Return to Silent Hill Game Help