Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Silent Hill (blog) topics *unmarked spoilers for all games*

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 pm

So, while my blog is more of a psychological religious one at times, I cover a variety of ancient topics such as the Ancient Near East or a modern interpretation of Lilith, I also have some gaming ones I am doing. I am planning some classic RE topics, the biggest one is about Alexia and Alfred being psychic.

In the meantime, I wanted to know, besides Samael =/= God, if there is any other topics concerning SH or rumors/misinfo spread in the fandom that you want me to debunk, that you would like me to cover. Most of my knowledge I have cultivated over the passed ten years is based on the classics, but I am willing to do any of the games I played. (Besides the PN, I have not really played Book of Memories and I don't know a whole lot about it. Also, excluding pachinko games and the like.)

Some future topics I do have already planned:
-"False god" narrative in SH
-Script changes/mistranslated in SH1/3 (1 when tied to canon has a lot of problems. The original script and the English one do not match in many places.)

If you're wondering why I am blogging this instead of putting walls of texts on the forum, there's a lot of reasons. A big one is the format I use for blogging allows for reblogging to anyone's personal blog and is hooked up to various media, such as Tumblr. I can add "read more" tags so the reader is not overloaded with walls of texts, unlike the forum. It's easier to edit media on the blog, pictures, gifs, and the like. Tagging really helps in finding certain topics, etc. It allows the reader more control over finding specific topics/subjects and details. That is why. :)
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:23 pm

My suggestion is to cover the legacy of classic Silent Hill games. I just ended Alan Wake and I think there is a lot of elements in the plot and in the game.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:12 am

This is a good suggestion. I am pulling from multiple sources on requests at the moment. The exclusivity of the Pyramid Head was a recent request. Go ahead and use it in debates. I put all the sources together for that reason.

https://thespiralgrove.com/2017/09/16/p ... clusivity/

PinentidHead

Post by PinentidHead on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:28 pm

^I leaved a replay as "Gustavo Pinent" (login by Facebook).

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Oh that was you haha. It was a good reply! Thanks for the feedback. :D

PinentidHead

Post by PinentidHead on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am

^Wasn't a feedback really, I felt inspired to write and forgot to talk about the post itself - I liked a lot! I will have a look in the other post of that blog, there is some issues I would like to discuss again...

ashatteredmemory

Lost in the snow

Post by ashatteredmemory on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 pm

How many indie developers/news articles proclaim that they will be the new Silent Hills, while just being a P.T. clone which, as Kojima reminded us many times, is NOT Silent Hills per se, and more of an experiment.
P.T. is not Silent Hill, nor a game exactly set in the SH-universe. Aside from really cool bits of info that's slowly being fed to us in weird ways, it has almost nothing in common with previous Silent Hill games.
I really like P.T. though, but it features so little of what made me love Silent Hill.
"I told you, I'm not going back... so you might as well shoot me" - Murphy

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 pm

ashatteredmemory wrote:How many indie developers/news articles proclaim that they will be the new Silent Hills, while just being a P.T. clone which, as Kojima reminded us many times, is NOT Silent Hills per se, and more of an experiment.
P.T. is not Silent Hill, nor a game exactly set in the SH-universe. Aside from really cool bits of info that's slowly being fed to us in weird ways, it has almost nothing in common with previous Silent Hill games.
I really like P.T. though, but it features so little of what made me love Silent Hill.

Did you mean this for another topic?

ashatteredmemory

Lost in the snow

Post by ashatteredmemory on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:46 am

Xuchilbara wrote:
ashatteredmemory wrote:How many indie developers/news articles proclaim that they will be the new Silent Hills, while just being a P.T. clone which, as Kojima reminded us many times, is NOT Silent Hills per se, and more of an experiment.

Did you mean this for another topic?

yes :P
"I told you, I'm not going back... so you might as well shoot me" - Murphy

PinentidHead

Post by PinentidHead on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I see the P.T. legacy more like how to resurrect the genre by a re-imaging of old titles. I think Capcom got the message meanwhile a lot of indie developers just tried to make their own versions of P.T.. Of course a gameplay like that won't work for an entire AAA game, that's why we have the guy entering the city at the end, the game didn't exists at all. To me, P.T. has taken the advantage of our interconnected world that didn't exists back in the 90s. The teaser is more to show that Kojima and his team understand our world today so they can make awesome innovating games, even a real SH game. Is not a teaser of a game, but of an idea.

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion