Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Die, Pyramid Head, you don't belong in this world!

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

"Creator Of Silent Hill’s Pyramid Head Wants The Character Dead"

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/silent-hill-news/creator-silent-hills-pyramid-head-wants-character-dead/

But will he be able to accomplish the task? As James knows well, easy to say...

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:40 pm

Can't blame him. Look what they have done to this character.

Some call him a mascot. I am sure that is not what was envisioned when creating him.....
Last edited by Otherworld on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:13 am

I can understand being unhappy with how the character has been exploited since SH2, but I think the trick is using him properly in a story that merits him rather than just showing him for the sake of it.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:40 am

I still want to see an Odd Couple like show where James shares an apartment with Pyramid Head. But everyone he invites back can't see him. That would get old a bit fast, so I'd also have PH trying to get jobs and just standing in front of interviewers with them going "Could you please sit down, please? On the chair...".
No results found for oohfakanorus.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 am

Meh...i've always liked his concept in terms of him being exclusive to James story only.....it gave SH2 a unique theme overall. And yes the backstory showed that he was a part of SH's past, but that doesn't mean you needed to use him for other games or try to make similar lead monsters in other games.

They gave him a reason to exist in Homecoming, but he was badly watered-down and his overall impact felt reduced and the Butcher to me felt like another PH rip off. SH3 and 4 incorporated none of these shenanigans and they are intense, one-offs games that can stand on their own with out having PH as some sort of support character.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

Oohfakanorus wrote:I still want to see an Odd Couple like show where James shares an apartment with Pyramid Head. But everyone he invites back can't see him. That would get old a bit fast, so I'd also have PH trying to get jobs and just standing in front of interviewers with them going "Could you please sit down, please? On the chair...".

They could just room up with Henry. Or maybe Walter in the bad ending of SH4. He seems nice.

As for Masahiro Ito, there's no way anybody who has followed this series could blame him. PH has been bastardized to hell with this series to the point where it's annoying.

PH has spent more time in the series acting completely out of character than he has in character (manifestation of James psyche versus being lol spooky otherworld monster).

At least the 'bastardized' version of PH is actually pretty cool looking and does neat things. Could be worse I guess.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:00 am

^^^This is not what was envisioned when this character was created ...

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 pm

^ - This right here an example of PH being used improperly. Am I against him being used outside of SH2? No. But being misused like this? Absolutely.

PinentidHead

Post by PinentidHead on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 pm

I wrote the title without thinking deep, just freely idea. Than I start to realize Ito really felt like the character turn into something evil, depreciating the franchise. And I don't talk about a kart racing, but as in Revelations, this is real damage. I think he though if they call him for a SH project, will be for a crusade against PH either... for a start. In fact, will be hard to make another game without solve PH situation, or fan will ask for him always and complain he is not there!

The problem is, as long PH is about James, he is in the picture and is brought to James world by ancient gods of Silent Hill. This dualistic fundament of existence can be exploit to bring PH to another games - James situation is not unique. However, I never seen a game that fit this character. Interesting: Nemesis never came back...

Just wondering... is PH alive to die? He is two or just duplicated? Have to kill them both to be sure...

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:54 pm

I laughed so hard at this. I understand his sentiment, completely.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 am

The crazy obsessive fangirls PH had for a long time probably didn't help his image, either. Though in all fairness that can likely be attributed to the movie since it was what introduced the whole image of PH being shirtless which has been the definitive image people have had of him over the past decade.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:41 am

^ I don't think that most people even know what PH originally looked like ......

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:03 pm

SH2 Pyramid Head (AKA the OG) actually looks quite different from his movie counterpart, which is what redefined the image of him for the general public.

I'm not against PH being used outside of SH2 but he needs to have a meaning and a purpose within the context and themes of the story he's in and not be used for the sake of it. If the main character is someone who's done nothing to merit being on PH's radar, best to leave him alone.

PinentidHead

Post by PinentidHead on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 pm

In the first movie he is dressed the same way, but not in so good shape! I guess running the carousel is good for body building.

The first movie don't use the symbolism of monsters either, but is a bit more honest since it is just a trash movie inspired in the first two games, the plot follow a witchcraft line. PH is just one more monster around and he is still an executioner. The second movie were most pretentious, so PH is totally lost and distorted from the original... yes, he must die... or stay in the corner for a while!

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion