Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

DarkDescent312

Silent Hill music maker, writer, and poe

Silent Hill native american tribe? Need help with a story

Post by DarkDescent312 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 am

I'm trying to narrow down the most accurate native american tribe that was associated with Silent Hill, I am working on a project and have hit a dead end honestly, and was hoping for someone to elaborate who the most likely tribe that settled in the area was. Nowhere in the games does it really specify who they were, and I asked help from some Silent Hill experts, but they simply ignored me, so if you could help me, i would be much obliged!
Mr. Badweekend

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am

I'm not able to answer this question specifically but from what I remember, the Silent Hill: Past Life comic dealt with some of this directly. It's was a prequel to Downpour and pretty damn good from what I remember.

It took place when Silent Hill was still a super small town in the 18th or 19th century or something like that. I don't think it necessarily said which tribe in specific but it might help narrow it down.

At least I'm pretty sure about this. I honestly only read it once so my memory is pretty fuzzy. Perhaps I'm just spouting nonsense.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:18 pm

There is none. Much of the Native SH material was actually lifted from Mesoamerica [Mexico] and not North America. Your actual best bet is the Aztecs and then the Mayans, both of which were civilizations and not tribes. I can give you Aztec resources.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

DarkDescent312

Silent Hill music maker, writer, and poe

Post by DarkDescent312 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 am

Parvatii wrote:There is none. Much of the Native SH material was actually lifted from Mesoamerica [Mexico] and not North America. Your actual best bet is the Aztecs and then the Mayans, both of which were civilizations and not tribes. I can give you Aztec resources.

why would they travel so far to live in maine? i meant if Silent Hill was real, where in maine would it be, and that would probably narrow down options a lot, but thank you!
Mr. Badweekend

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 am

They used Mesoamerican natives to supplement the real Native Americans because it's a fictional tribe. The tribe in Silent Hill is not Aztec, it just draws inspiration from it.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion