Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Jason Voorhees Goes To Silent Hill

Post by Otherworld on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:54 am

Interesting, but I still don't think Jason has a chance.....

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Neither one is truly capable of dying. As The Joker puts it in The Dark Knight, a case of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. But PH could arguably be the stronger of the two since he's one with the dark powers of SH whereas Jason isn't.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:21 am

Pazuzu wrote:Neither one is truly capable of dying. As The Joker puts it in The Dark Knight, a case of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. But PH could arguably be the stronger of the two since he's one with the dark powers of SH whereas Jason isn't.

Jason dies many times. PH takes himself out of the equation. That is the real difference.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm

PH also has home advantage if he's in Silent Hill whereas Jason is simply wandering through. that's a good point about PH taking himself out of the battle. In SH2 the two PHs kill themselves when James comes to terms with his guilt, so what could make PH back down during a battle with Jason we may not know.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:46 am

I was thinking about this after I had my all-day F13 marathon yesterday (I celebrated the occasion :D). the talk of PH in the Harry vs. PH thread of mine got me thinking about my comment how PH could be personalized for each individual who encounters him and has their own unique version of him, and how no two versions of PH could be the same in that regard. Now, if Jason is to run into PH if he were in Silent Hill, how would PH be personalized for him? I don't really see what could be done to personalize PH for Jason as in a lot of ways PH already mirrors him in some regards and much like Jason, can never really die or be defeated.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Pazuzu wrote:I was thinking about this after I had my all-day F13 marathon yesterday (I celebrated the occasion :D). the talk of PH in the Harry vs. PH thread of mine got me thinking about my comment how PH could be personalized for each individual who encounters him and has their own unique version of him, and how no two versions of PH could be the same in that regard. Now, if Jason is to run into PH if he were in Silent Hill, how would PH be personalized for him? I don't really see what could be done to personalize PH for Jason as in a lot of ways PH already mirrors him in some regards and much like Jason, can never really die or be defeated.

What I would do is to take PH out from helmet and even no hockey mask, I think Jason's PH vision would be as a largely built Jock. Leave it to you if you want the flesh of the Jock to be withered or fresh in a purity Jason never had.
I like the idea of Pyramid Head appearing as different things. A game where six characters are separated and each see PH in their own way. One sees PH with spider legs maybe?
If it isn't enough the teens are still being stalked by Jason.
They were chased out of the forest by Jason who managed to hide away on the roof of their camper as they drove off hurriedly and ended up
Crashing on Silent Hill. The crash kills a couple of characters and maybe one of the dead characters appears as the PH of one of the characters out of guilt?
They still have Jason as well but Jason who again sees the Jock.
Just like one of the bosses at the end of FF7, the game switches between controlling Jason or controling the character.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

I figured one way Jason could find his way in Silent Hill is if he were captured by an organization like say the FBI or Army, escapes and the vehicle he's in happened to be right near Silent Hill where he enters. Crystal Lake is in New Jersey and Silent Hill is in Maine, both Northeast states, so it's feasible to think the vehicle carrying him might be headed up north which gives explanation as to how he winds up near Silent Hill.

MurphyPendleton

Don't Call Me Cupcake

Post by MurphyPendleton on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:12 am

Jason goes missing in Silent Hill and mother has to go find him. She just has to follow his trail of dead teenagers that will take her straight to Camp Toluca Lake.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:23 am

Silent Hill itself would doubtlessly use the memories of his mother's death to constantly torment Jason. I wonder if it could conjure her somehow only for her to keep dying as a reminder, much like it did with Maria with James in SH2?

MurphyPendleton

Don't Call Me Cupcake

Post by MurphyPendleton on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:08 am

Jason would be easily manipulated by the town in that case. Jason doesn't have a prayer of winning. He wouldn't even have the thought process to go find Alyssa unless it was leading him there intentionally for whatever reason. If anything the town would just keep him. Free wandering monster, upgrade his weapon to a Great Machete haha

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Jason does get easily distracted at times and thrown off-course, evidenced by several moments in the F13s. Jason could well be kept inside Silent Hill forever, perhaps serving a similar purpose as Pyramid Head or the Bogeyman.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion