Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

New Titles

Peaceful Valley
27%
Pleasantville
18%
Penny Lane
18%
The Lake
18%
The Outsiders (Get it? Anyone who enters the town is an outsider.)
No votes
Elm's Street
No votes
Kojima's Drive (Too corny?)
No votes
Sunny Hill (Really?)
9%
Dead Man's Curve (Classic)
9%

Total votes : 11

‎‎‎‎

New Silent Hill under a different Title.

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 am

Since Kojima separation from KONAMI. He cannot use the title Silent Hill anymore (License Ownership).
But how about continuing the story, but under a different Title (Not Death Stranding).

P.S.
Anyone that takes my ideas, I want full credit, and half the proceeds!
Last edited by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:02 am.
I lost my head again, would you cry for me?

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:42 am

Voted for Penny Lane.
But only if the game centres around someone who has died and there's all sorts of references to crashed cars, backwards messages and messages that can only be revealed through holding a Murdoch the centre of the message.
Basically"The Winged Beatle" turned into a game. That would be awesome!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:05 am

Oohfakanorus wrote:Voted for Penny Lane.
But only if the game centres around someone who has died and there's all sorts of references to crashed cars, backwards messages and messages that can only be revealed through holding a Murdoch the centre of the message.
Basically"The Winged Beatle" turned into a game. That would be awesome!

Please re-vote again! Something happened.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:37 pm

Peaceful valley

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Pleasantville...Jam created a generic name for the next SH game as well. I forgot what he used to call it, but his generic name for a new SH series was pretty good too.

I'm still surprised that Sony didn't get Kojima to create another horror game hot off the interest of the P.T.fallout...yeah maybe Kojima wasn't feeling it at the time, but the marketing and the interest of an announcement would have been explosive. I've always stated that they could just hook up with Toro again and use the cover of his canceled game "Insane" to create the next horror game in the franchise.

I'm still interested to see what they could have created....i'm sure at some point Sony will nudge those guys to take a look at the horror genre again.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:43 pm

I think it was Quiet Mountain

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:42 am

You might like this.
You could also say that Dead Man's Curve is where Cybil, or Harry had their accident.

Image Deleted.
Last edited by ‎‎‎‎ on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:00 pm.

ashatteredmemory

Lost in the snow

Post by ashatteredmemory on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:51 am

Toluca Valley. Why not keep one of the biggest things (both literally and figuratively) from Silent Hill?
If that gets too copyright infringy, I'd go for Hush Valley.
The Lake, that I really like for the game title.
EDIT:
I don't like the titles like 'Pleasantville' or 'Peaceful Valley', since there's something inherently odd and mysterious about calling a place 'Silent'. It adds mystique,wonder, strangeness, while not being completely obvious like Strangeville, Gravity Falls, Oddstown, or whatever. Or even worse: 'Darkness Falls'.
Silent Hill sounds like a simple and nice town, but Pleasantville is overdoing it. It just sounds like a cliché. 'Happy happy fun town but OMG EVIL THINGS HERE'
Last edited by ashatteredmemory on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 am.
"I told you, I'm not going back... so you might as well shoot me" - Murphy

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:04 pm

I voted for Peaceful Valley. Is not a Peaceful place for sure, but you are not what you think you are either, right?

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:58 am

[Prepare to be ANGRY!!] I'm not sure how many of you may already know this.

But I was just wondering who came up with the name Silent Hill, and how?
So I decided to do a little research, and found something that always kept bugging me!
I knew that I never heard of the name Kojima before P.T.!
I kept saying to myself, "I don't remember him being part of Team Silent." (from my old PSX Magazine).

And also found out that the 1st (3) SH games were created by 3 different people of Team Silent! WTH?
Although 1-4 + P.T. are still the best.

And here's the angry part, (if it's true).
"Team Silent was ultimately disbanded by Konami itself, because Konami wanted Western developers to make the games."
KONAMI, it's your fault! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!! You Stupid @!%$#@$!*&^%#!! :evil:

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am

That has happened to a lot of game series. Today every game has to be easy and easy to grasp so that everyone can and will play it, ensuring better sales. That is what I believe.

From the Silent hill wiki:

According to Kenzie LaMar, one of Silent Hill: Homecoming's artists, Konami was responsible for the disbanding of Team Silent, as the company wanted their games to have a "different feeling" to them.[1]

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Kurosawa wrote:Today every game has to be easy and easy to grasp so that everyone can and will play it, ensuring better sales. That is what I believe.
If that's true....
Then why was every SH game that wasn't Japanese made, did not sell worth a crap, compared to 1-4?
Ask yourself this. When was the last time you seen a SH game a Best For Sale/Greatest Hits?

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 pm

As it's been stated quite a few times already, the games after SH 1-4, had a noticeable drop in quality in overall visual and performance aspects. Art direction was mediocre and the atmosphere just wasn't up to par. The games wasn't bad, just missing that certain something.

The Japanese games had an obscure and abstract feeling to them...like something was just disturbingly off. I think that is just how Japanese horror games are without them even thinking about it. The game "Siren Blooodcurse" feels very Japanese in terms of it's horror and even tho that game is a bit easier than the original Siren game, (it has western characters in it) the vibe is still very weird and off setting.

The Evil Within was another game, that was on the western-side of things as far as action, but that game was a journey into madness and it implemented some genuine terrifying levels, with only a couple of levels I could have done without (gun toting enemies)

Lastly P.T....the game that had you walking through looping hallways, trying to find a way out...a very simple concept that was implemented brilliantly....which had a bit of a weird vibe to it as well....

I'm just saying that the games just have a similar feel or vibe to them and that could just come down to cultural differences and how they interpret American horror...or horror in general....

I think Fatal Frame 2 has gone down as one of thee most scariest games ever made...I have still never played that game due to how terrifying it is!.....I should have copped it when the Ps2 the was popular....hard to find that game now and my ps2 has been making noises like it's going to kick the bucket any day now...won't even read games anymore...
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:45 pm

clips7 wrote:I think Fatal Frame 2 has gone down as one of thee most scariest games ever made...I have still never played that game due to how terrifying it is!.....
Funny thing is, I have every Fatal Frame game except the last 1, but never finish a single 1.
The reason why is, Fatal Frame is just soooo slow.... In the way the story moves alone, and plays!

I also have Siren 1 & 2, but never really started on it. But after finding out who created Siren, I need
to take another look at it!

Siren also makes me think about another Sony Horror game I got, that deals with Feudal Japan. :\

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:01 pm

I like the Legend of how Team Silent was formed.

Akira said, Team Silent consisted of staff members that had failed at other projects.

Makes me think of Stephen King's "IT". The Losers Club, that ultimately turned out to be something Great!
They should have a reunion, since most of them work for Sony now.

Tried not to double post! I waited 5 hours, but no one replied back.

Kurosawa

Post by Kurosawa on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:20 am

‎‎‎‎ wrote:
Kurosawa wrote:Today every game has to be easy and easy to grasp so that everyone can and will play it, ensuring better sales. That is what I believe.
If that's true....
Then why was every SH game that wasn't Japanese made, did not sell worth a crap, compared to 1-4?
Ask yourself this. When was the last time you seen a SH game a Best For Sale/Greatest Hits?

It is not surprising from Konami to pull stupid moves like that. I believe it was that they could make the games more appealable to a bigger audience. Like a re-released hollywood version of some popular non-hollywood movie. I believe many people would rather play the newer Silent Hill games because of easier controls for example.

When you look at the more recent titles like the HD collection you can see that it was very poorly made. Many game developers today release broken and glitchy messes. Common sense should say that a broken product will not sell but this happens all the time in video gaming.

No way I can answer this. In business your main goal is to make money and I am sure that Konami's intention wasn't to ensure poor sales by disbanding the team. Either Konami was in bad terms with team silent or Konami saw that someone else could make the games in a different style with better profit.

‎‎‎‎

Post by ‎‎‎‎ on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:29 am

OK, now I remember why I stop playing Siren. That Damn Sightjack Mode!
"Menu List" Button, then "Confirm" Button too much!

Funny, I forgot Part 1 used Face Mapping.

MisterY

The lies and the mist are not they,but i

Post by MisterY on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 pm

The new title i prefer, my personal one is.. Silent Hill:Gravediggers.
Demon Slayer

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion