Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Theory and Analysis: What Is Canon?

Post by PinentidHead on Sun May 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Sometimes I find other languages in gamefaqs.com, even deutsch (they like horror games), but I don't remember anything in dutch. Probably as rare as portuguese - join the club!

By the way, maybe we will need a "what WAS canon" thread, right?

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 pm

This thread was a great read.

Let's hope we can add to this one day. Whenever Konami sells this ip........

Utada

Post by Utada on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Twin Perfect is canon in the Silent Hill universe! https://youtu.be/JvosJsZOqFo?t=4079 :lol:
MisterY wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but do somebody knows where i can find analysis
in Dutch Language?

I made the Spanish subtitles of the "Real Silent Hill Experience" in Youtube which I think is a very good analysis of Silent Hill in general (specially about "What is Canon"), and there is an option to translate those captions in any language you want. I know that google translator is not very good but its something.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:44 am

Utada wrote:Twin Perfect is canon in the Silent Hill universe! https://youtu.be/JvosJsZOqFo?t=4079 :lol:

Surprised that Tomm even gave them the time of day via twitter.

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Otherworld wrote:
Utada wrote:Twin Perfect is canon in the Silent Hill universe! https://youtu.be/JvosJsZOqFo?t=4079 :lol:

Surprised that Tomm even gave them the time of day via twitter.

Same. It would have been better just to ignore them.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:18 pm

I'd recall about this thread when reading about Blade Runner again, since there is a sequel for 2017 (Scott is using his freedom to destroy another one of his own masterpieces).

So I was reviewing some points of the original movie, like Deckard being a human or a replicant. Many fans consider canon what Scott said about the story because of that authorial directing thing etc.. But he didn't create this story (as he didn't create Alien - another source of discussions) and as long I like his job a lot, Ridley is a problematic guy. So what is Canon about Blade Runner? I found a consensus between movie experts that Deckard was a human in the book and Scott didn't mind in change this in the big screen - let it clear. So as long he leave for interpretation, the original script os still valid: he is human, even if Scott disagree.

I saw many of this kind of discussion here about points of SH games. An many arguments as He said this, is written there, but I think in games the situation is even deeper than movies, the Canon is formed slowly as a collective construction, specially by experts and skilled players, and after a while the creators can't explain their own creations anymore. Also, there is situations when they simply failed in making a point, the Canon don't exists for a simple lack of source of material to make one - even for the producers.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion