Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Bullsh*t Silent Hill theories

Post by Xuchilbara on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:19 pm

This is a game a friend helped me come up with while talking to him on the phone....

What are some of the most bullshit theories you've ever seen? If you don't have any, make some bs theories up!

One of the most retarded I've seen is that because the PH glows red he must be the red god and because Valtiel glows yellow he must be the yellow god! That was an actual theory about six years ago.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 pm

I've seen a fair few on this very forum about Silent Hill Downpour. Saw one just today about how Napier's soul is responsible for everything in Downpour. Which makes no sense as the town has never been shown to work anything like that.
http://inkedblue.tumblr.com/ <---- author blog
http://authonomy.com/writing-community/profile/c324c2b8-9b3e-4dd5-b7f6-6a896fb9e810/gothlolilunatic/ <----- Authonomy profile
I can believe 6 impossible things before breakfast

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Laura not being real.

I just do not understand the thought process in that. If she isn't real how does Eddie acknowledge her.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:51 am

-Alessa's the Devil and The Order is a Satanic Cult. :P I've seen that one often, actually.

-Angela and Laura have magical powers. Angela's being fire and Laura's being teleportation.

-Walter is the Devil.

All real
Last edited by CrazyCatLady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:31 am.

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 am

I have quite a few. These are all actual theories people have come up with, typically from IMDb.

Film theories:

* Alice Krige wore blue contacts and the painting in the church was made to look like Christabella and Dahlia not because Dahlia and Christabella are sisters, but because Gans was emphasizing that all the townspeople are inbred.

* Alessa's burning had nothing to do with her being born out of wedlock.

* Pyramid Head contains the janitor's soul.

* Sharon is the daughter of Alessa and the janitor.

* Alessa is the daughter of Gucci.

* Alessa is the daughter of the janitor.

* Rose and Chris had never done anything to stop Sharon's sleepwalking before the trip to Silent Hill.

* The film is a prequel to the events of the first game.

* Shooting Pyramid Head makes the darkness go away.

* The whole film is a dream.

* Anna was Alessa's classmate.

* No one actually knows who hurt Lisa.

* Gans lied in all his interviews where he says Dark Alessa isn't the devil.

* The women of Silent Hill can reproduce without the aid of men.

* Only people who have played the games can understand anything in the movie.

* The janitor just said mean things to Alessa, and never sexually assaulted her.

* The entirety of Silent Hill: Revelation.

* Rose is hot for Cybil.

* Cybil is hot for Rose.

* The plot about Alessa being impregnated with the God is in the first film's canon.

* The boy mentioned by Cybil as being dropped down a mine vent is Walter Sullivan.

* The Armless Man is a penis with legs and represents rape.

* The flashlight Rose carries in the hospital is phallic shaped, and also represents rape.

* The nurses are trying to get at the phallic-shaped flashlight, not Rose. This also represents rape.

* The Grey Children paw at Rose because they symbolize, you guessed it, rape, and they're trying to touch her sexually.

Game theories:

* The moth boss from the first game is a phallic symbol that represents that Harry molests Cheryl.

* Heather is a prostitute.

* Heather had sex with Douglas in the hotel.

* Heather puts her head in Harry's lap when she finds him dead to symbolize that he molests her.

* Cheryl is Alessa's sister, created after the burning by using Kaufmann's sperm that had been cryogenically frozen to impregnate Dahlia, so that she could act as a second vessel for God.

* Dahlia hid weapons around the town to help Harry fight Alessa.

* Silent Hill is abandoned.

* Everything TwinPerfect says.

* Ernest is alive and used the resurrection ceremony to raise Mary from the dead, who returned as Maria.

* Everyone in the Fog World is asleep and dreaming.

* UFO endings are canon.

* Dahlia had the ability to astral project into the fog world, and so she never actually died at the end of SH1.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:22 am

Oh! Figured out a few more:

-Claudia and Alessa are actually sisters. Dahlia was her mother (who's never mentioned) and she doesn't know it. Dahlia never told her. (Real)

-(From the one above) Leonard is also Alessa's father, making Claudia and Alessa full sisters (Made up)

-Murphy is in love with Anne (Real)

-Claudia and Dahlia (in the movie) are sisters. Which would also mean Heather is in love with her cousin :S It's a real theory, believe it or not.

-Cheryl and Heather are actually Alessa's daughters (Made up :lol: )

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 am

Actually, in the canon of the first film, Christabella and Dahlia are sisters. This is confirmed in the dialogue where Christabella calls Dahlia "dear sister", in the Behind the Scenes features and in the official novelization. In Revelation, Claudia is revealed to be Christabella's sister, which would also make her Dahlia's sister. This makes Heather and Vincent cousins. It's a good example of what happens when the new writer either doesn't understand parts of a preceeding work's canon, or simply doesn't care.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:28 pm

I think it's a bit harsh to say the town being abandoned is "bullshit". It's not been confirmed or denied by anything in the games, and there's as many reasons to believe it's abandoned by Downpour and Homecoming as there are to believe it's still populated.
http://authonomy.com/writing-community/profile/c324c2b8-9b3e-4dd5-b7f6-6a896fb9e810/gothlolilunatic/ <----- Authonomy profile

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Why would it suddenly be abandoned after the 4th game? There is ample proof that it was still a normal town during the first 4 games (James and Mary vacationed in the town post SH1, Douglas performed an investigation there, the Order became updated and gained new members within the town once Vincent got involved with it, Heather sees updated equipment at Alchemilla, James finds a current pamphlet at the hotel, Henry visits the town, etc), so why would that suddenly change?

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm

It wouldn't be sudden. The town will have been targeting people within the town first, slowly whittling down the population, until it gets to the point the town isn't running at full capacity and thus can't function as a normal town. Any normal people will have probably noticed there's something wrong and left, while the cult has been taking huge blows to its numbers. So it's not all that preposterous, considering the town's had about 15-20 years to do this.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 pm

BS is my bread and butter!

Akira Yamaoka's main inspiration for the music he produced for the games was this.

And he originally wanted it playing the background during the final fight in Silent Hill 2.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

gothlolilunatic wrote:It wouldn't be sudden. The town will have been targeting people within the town first, slowly whittling down the population, until it gets to the point the town isn't running at full capacity and thus can't function as a normal town. Any normal people will have probably noticed there's something wrong and left, while the cult has been taking huge blows to its numbers. So it's not all that preposterous, considering the town's had about 15-20 years to do this.

There is not one single iota of proof of this, and it stands in direct contradiction to the updated version of the town Alex sees.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:17 pm

There's no telling when exactly the town was updated, and the place looks like more of a wreck than usual when he's there. Hardly a contradiction to the entire theory.

I have a question for you: if my theory is impossible, why does the town not target the people living in it?

The only people we've seen that are from the town are cultists and manifestations the town is using based on people who used to live there. You would think there'd be suitable candidates from within the town itself, but it always seems to drag in people from out of town. The closest we get to a relatively normal person from Silent Hill is Travis, and he'd probably been living out of town for a fair few years before the game began. All the rest are the insane cult or aren't really people anymore. Doesn't that seem the slightest bit odd or nonsensical to you?
Last edited by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:23 pm.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Princess Lea wrote:BS is my bread and butter!

Akira Yamaoka's main inspiration for the music he produced for the games was this.

And he originally wanted it playing the background during the final fight in Silent Hill 2.

Funny enough, i happen to have 2 of the albums that he himself admitted to have as main musical influence, well, funny cause i got them without really relating them to SH or to him xD. It's been discussed a lot anyway, but bah, you know i love to abuse youtube so here's a sample just for the sake of it.

(and yeah, ironically it's the band but not the album he meant xD, this is from their second album, instead of Dummy).

Btw, i find this topic somewhat similar to my "SH misconceptions" thread...

Anyway, a crazy theory i had when i was a noob was that the "there was a hole here" was at the same place where the pterodactylus had entered in the first game, then i understood it's not even the same place lol.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:29 pm

BleuPyramid wrote:Funny enough, i happen to have 2 of the albums that he himself admitted to have as main musical influence, well, funny cause i got them without really relating them to SH or to him xD. It's been discussed a lot anyway, but bah, you know i love to abuse youtube so here's a sample just for the sake of it.

Ah, if only it was "Half Day Closing"! Just as well he wasn't influenced by their third album. :?
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Vestige

Post by Vestige on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Well the second album is overall more spooky, i love each song from it, the one's i found more silent hillish were Cowboys, Undenied and Western Eyes, but i suppose the whole album would work at some degree xD.

And cause you asked for it...

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Homecoming shows the town is expanded, now why would they expand it if they're losing people? That doesn't make any sense. It's never once stated that the townspeople are afraid of the town or that mass disappearances are occurring, not even by characters who have actually been there (James, Henry, Douglas).

While some Order members seem to appear in the alternate reality, it's only a handful of them, and each either have powers of their own or are connected to someone who does. The great mass of them are still in the real world, going about their normal lives.

Why aren't people from the town seen in the alternate reality? Because only a select few get pulled in. In fact, the only people in the entire series who weren't pulled in by either Alessa or the Order are the people in SH2 and SHD. All of these people had committed grave crimes (the only exception being Laura, who never sees anything wrong with the town), and carried assloads of guilt and dark emotions, the kind that isn't even sort of normal. I doubt there's a huge amount of murder going on outside of the Order in a sleepy resort town. Silent Hill isn't Detroit.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Grave crimes, huh? What about Henry? What about Harry? What about Anne? What about DJ Bobby Ricks (he strikes me as just a normal radio DJ)? Hell, what about Travis, and Cybil, and Lisa (hers was a fatal flaw, not a grave crime)? Your theory falls flat once you look closer at the people we've seen so far that are affected by the town. And even if that did make sense, you're telling me not one person who lives in Silent Hill is responsible for any crimes, are you? That not a single one of them ever murdered anyone or raped anyone or ever did anything to hurt anyone else?

It's not that we see very few of the residents. It's that we see none of them outside of the cult, and we don't even see that much of the cult until Shepherd's Glen tries to revive it to save their asses.

For that matter, wouldn't anyone have noticed anything weird in the town? Major cult connections and members have been disappearing. Their numbers are dwindling. There's so little police in the town that Cybil had to come all the way from Brahms to investigate. Are you saying nobody would've been the slightest bit suspicious?

The town does not discriminate. No matter what you believe about it, there's reasonable evidence that it does not target just the guilty. Guilt is just a very good source of insecurity and fear. That's why people like Travis are still affected by the town. It's not about what you've done, it's how you feel about it. Laura sees nothing because she's a little girl, she doesn't have anything to feel insecure about.

Edit: I'm by no means trying to say I'm right. I'm just showing that my theory is not bullshit or impossible as it seems to be treated as at the moment.

JKristine35

Post by JKristine35 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm

I think you missed part of my post. I specifically stated that only SH2 and SHD feature people who were naturally drawn into the alternate reality. Thus, people from the other games are special cases that have nothing to do with having darkness or bad emotions.

You act as though the only people to ever be drawn into the alternate reality are the ones seen in the games. Certainly, the town would have people with deep emotions who were drawn in, but this in no way represents the majority of the population, or even a large amount of people (unless sleepy tourist towns are filled with psychopaths and killers and I just didn't know it). I can't agree that there's any possible way this theory holds water, given the complete lack of hard evidence, the expansion of the town in SHH, and the number of characters known to have visited there who never once made mention of the quickly dwindlig population, or the multiple disappearances that you suggest have occurred.

gothlolilunatic

Shadow Doll

Post by gothlolilunatic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Ok, I'm done. You're not going to see my point of view and aren't willing to compromise. All I wanted was for people to stop calling this theory bullshit, but it seems I'm asking just a little too much.

Next

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion