Forum for all other Silent Hill-related discussion.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Timeline of Silent Hill's History — UPDATED

Post by CrazyCatLady on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:25 pm

This is all merely turning into "what ifs", and is not clearly getting anywhere. The only "evidence" given so far is only that of which comes from a theory, but not backed by any proof revealed in-game. Anything could have been possible, but we just don't simply know. Since Ito's confirmation and the evidence we've presented isn't enough, there really is no point. We don't know any of this.

Was Mary transferred to Brookhaven?
It's very doubtful, but who knows.

Was Mary transferred to Alchemilla?
Maybe. We don't know, and probably never will.

Did Mary even spend her last days in Silent Hill?
Doubtful, but once again, who knows!

There's nothing that gives a 100% confirmation or the debate would be done by now.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

I wrote before that Brookhaven hospital had nothing to do with Alessa and still, it's a place you explore in SH 3. Plus, it's SH, it can do lots of stuff, like putting objects, creating places, etc. like, for example, Mary's clothes in the apartments.

Arkjoww

Horizon to Zenith

Post by Arkjoww on Thu May 16, 2013 11:15 am

Great post! Thanks for sharing! :)
And number 85 makes me laugh. Henry the fashionable deserves timeline recognition.
tHiS iS a SiGnAtUrE. iS iT dIsTrAcTiNg?

sarrydoter123

Post by sarrydoter123 on Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 am

hello friends, I m new in this forum.i like it very much

Sartori

Post by Sartori on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:40 pm

I know that this discussion is a year old, but this is relevant. :geek:
According to the given timeline, Sharon Blake (13121) died in 1994. However, this cannot be right.
Recall that Sharon read Joseph's article in the Concord a few months before she was killed. This means that she could not have died in 1994 as this was years before Joseph even publishes his expose. This also means that she was still alive during the events of Silent Hill 3.
My theory is that she died a few months before Joseph. This is backed up by the fact that Joseph implies victim 13's death as being recent rather than being years ago like with victim 12.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:31 pm

WhiteClaudia wrote:And I will explain this again:

They DO NOT put someone in a terminally ill condition like she was, into a mental hospital.

As I explained, my grandfather was in the SAME EXACT situation as she was. He spent 9 months of his life dying in a hospital from a terminal illness that was incurable. COPD. He showed the exact same signs as she did. He said numerous times to MY FACE and the doctor's faces that he wanted to die. He no longer wished to live and he made it verbally obvious. But they WOULD NEVER put him into a mental hospital. They can't, because of the condition he was in. It's protocol. They are NOT allowed to do that.

Whether Mary was suicidal is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter at this point, because of her illness. She was on her death bed. If they put her into a mental hospital. They could not only be held responsible for her death, but any other injuries that occurred afterwards. They would be taken to court. It would be considered SEVERE neglect on the hospital's part as well.

^This post is spot on. My mother and my grandmother were both terminally ill and both died in the hospital after years of being there. My grandmother was there for over 5 years. My mother was released for a short while to come home, but she went back. Only a hospital can care for patients like this. A Mental hospital does not have the resources.

residentevilo

Silent Hill Fan. Will fight my opinion.

Post by residentevilo on Sun May 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Otherworld wrote:
WhiteClaudia wrote:And I will explain this again:

They DO NOT put someone in a terminally ill condition like she was, into a mental hospital.

As I explained, my grandfather was in the SAME EXACT situation as she was. He spent 9 months of his life dying in a hospital from a terminal illness that was incurable. COPD. He showed the exact same signs as she did. He said numerous times to MY FACE and the doctor's faces that he wanted to die. He no longer wished to live and he made it verbally obvious. But they WOULD NEVER put him into a mental hospital. They can't, because of the condition he was in. It's protocol. They are NOT allowed to do that.

Whether Mary was suicidal is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter at this point, because of her illness. She was on her death bed. If they put her into a mental hospital. They could not only be held responsible for her death, but any other injuries that occurred afterwards. They would be taken to court. It would be considered SEVERE neglect on the hospital's part as well.

^This post is spot on. My mother and my grandmother were both terminally ill and both died in the hospital after years of being there. My grandmother was there for over 5 years. My mother was released for a short while to come home, but she went back. Only a hospital can care for patients like this. A Mental hospital does not have the resources.

My brother Thomas, in 2011 at 17 years old was diagnosed with something... I cannot exactly remember. Eitherway, it was incurable, and they gave him about a year or so. However, he survived only 6 months and the entire time he only came home ONCE. His body was rapidly changing. Before this he was handsom, very fit and had amazing looking blue eyes and blond hair. But, His hair was starting to change, his skin color was pale, his face was sinking, etc. After 3 months of being there, he started to get severely painful skin rashes and other weird things inside him that literally made him be in so much pain that he begged my parents and the nurses to kill him. They obviously didn't, but then on month 5 he got so bad that he was put on life support. A week later he recovered a bit and was allowed to go home, only because the doctor said, similar to mary, that this may be his final chance to do so. Only a week after he was home, he stopped being able to breath and he was brought back to the hospital and put back on life support. A week later, in November 2011, when we were told there was no hope left, my parents had them pull the plug and he died.

He fought it, but begged to die once the pain started. They didn't put him in no mental hospital. They cannot do that.

Also, to respond to the post a few pages back where someone asked what room Mary was in at Brookhaven, IF, she was at that hospital, I think that Maria sleeping in that room implies that was also Mary's room too. In the otherworld version of the hospital, James can hear something Breathing. I think that implies that Mary is sitting on that bed, but since she is "Dead" she is not seen, but instead, she can be heard breathing. Might be hard to understand, but I believe that room Maria slept in was the same Mary was in during her possible stay at the hospital.

EDIT: Holy bump! I didn't see the date. Whoops.

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Tue May 27, 2014 12:58 am

I'm incredibly sorry that happened. It's terribly unfortunate.

Part of the point of the whole Mary-at-Brookhaven theory is that Brookhaven Hospital isn't entirely a mental hospital. The first floor is for general treatment, whereas the second and third floor are for more, well, aggressive treatment.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

residentevilo

Silent Hill Fan. Will fight my opinion.

Post by residentevilo on Tue May 27, 2014 10:09 am

The above would make sense. It is a small drive between hospitals, but I think Brookhaven was intended to support the area on that side of the lake, as well as nearby locations, while the other hospital (Forgot the name, from SH1/Origins) was to support that side of the lake and surrounding area.

Evidence shown in the hospital shows that Brookhaven was both general and mental. It doesn't seem equipped for emergencies though, so its possible that this hospital is strictly a mental hospital, WITH general facilities for checkups, standard stuff, etc.

The other hospital though near Konami Burger on the otherside of the lake, I think was probably for emergencies and surgeries. Makes sense to me.
1F is probably doctors offices, standard treatment rooms, etc.
2F is for resting after surgeries. The rooms are small, yes, but remember in Silent Hill 4 Eileen's room was about the same size in the ending. This would also make sense. Maria rested in a 2F room, and its possible that is where Mary rested after surgery.
3F is for the mentally challenged. The rooms in the wing are for regular mental, while the cushie rooms where James falls through the roof is for the mentally insane.
B1 is for storage though.
B2 is the small room where the ring was, and maybe some unseen areas.
B3 was the morgue seen in SH3.

Mary may have stayed at Brookhaven, and my theory I said is that she might have been admitted to the room Maria rested in.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Sat May 31, 2014 11:35 am

residentevilo wrote:The above would make sense. It is a small drive between hospitals, but I think Brookhaven was intended to support the area on that side of the lake, as well as nearby locations, while the other hospital (Forgot the name, from SH1/Origins) was to support that side of the lake and surrounding area.

Evidence shown in the hospital shows that Brookhaven was both general and mental. It doesn't seem equipped for emergencies though, so its possible that this hospital is strictly a mental hospital, WITH general facilities for checkups, standard stuff, etc.

The other hospital though near Konami Burger on the otherside of the lake, I think was probably for emergencies and surgeries. Makes sense to me.
1F is probably doctors offices, standard treatment rooms, etc.
2F is for resting after surgeries. The rooms are small, yes, but remember in Silent Hill 4 Eileen's room was about the same size in the ending. This would also make sense. Maria rested in a 2F room, and its possible that is where Mary rested after surgery.
3F is for the mentally challenged. The rooms in the wing are for regular mental, while the cushie rooms where James falls through the roof is for the mentally insane.
B1 is for storage though.
B2 is the small room where the ring was, and maybe some unseen areas.
B3 was the morgue seen in SH3.

Mary may have stayed at Brookhaven, and my theory I said is that she might have been admitted to the room Maria rested in.

The hospital in 4 is St. Jerome's Hospital (in South Ashfield), not Brookhaven or Alchemilla.

The nature of the hospitals in SH have always been a little gray. I had always thought of Alchemilla as a general hospital and Brookhaven as the mental hospital, but ever since Downpour (and Homecoming) that has seemed to change.

(And I'm also sorry about the whole predicament that took place in here previously. That got a little out of hand, more so on my end)

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:09 pm

>This would also make sense. Maria rested in a 2F room, and its possible that is where Mary rested after surgery.<
The other major component of the Mary-at-Brookhaven idea that people seem to overlook is that I've never said she had a prolonged stay. She was only there for a week, whereas the rest of her time was spent at St. Jerome's Hospital in Ashfield, where the Shepherd-Sunderlands ostensibly lived. It wasn't until the end of her life that she transferred, briefly, to Brookhaven Hospital so she could come to terms with her impending death and see her place of memories one last time. For her, it didn't seem to matter where in Silent Hill she was—even James doesn't know where her "special place" is, because it isn't one place at all, it's the entire town—she just needed to be there.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Pyramid_Heart

Post by Pyramid_Heart on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 pm

The hospitals in the Silent Hill lore seem to be a sort of hub of suffering. Its that common theme they all share. They're all one in the same.

Brookhaven is the literal home representation of the people who traverse these stories. It is the essence of 'hospital' in the series. They don't need to be in the exact hospital to be confronted with the idea of 'hospital'. Brookhaven serves that purpose. It's almost a living character itself.

Draco

Post by Draco on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I just find it unlikely that, if Mary was leaving her hospital death bed to go spend their last days with the one she loves in their special place, she'd get transferred to another hospital.

It doesn't make much sese.

Also, nothing suggests that the memo in the hospital rooftop had been written by Mary.
How can you sit there and eat pizza?!

stereodant

Post by stereodant on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:13 pm

The nature of the town kind of makes everyone an unreliable narrator at it's base, so it's definitely possible for there to be some minor (or even major) discrepancies.

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 pm

>Also, nothing suggests that the memo in the hospital rooftop had been written by Mary.<
If that were the case, how'd I even come up w/ the idea? because it still makes perfect sense to me.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Nomerglass

Post by Nomerglass on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Wouldn't James recognize his wife's handwriting? If you compare the patient's diary with any of Mary's letters, you'll see that the handwriting is clearly different.
Most probably, all the memos for the game were written by the same person, but they intentionally made Mary's handwriting stand out.

peachysakura24

Post by peachysakura24 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Wait, the Mary stayed at Brookhaven thing is still a theory over here too? Wasn't it already confirmed by a member of Team Silent that she didn't in 2012? Did I miss something?

Disrupticon

Post by Disrupticon on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 am

ERROR wrote:>Also, nothing suggests that the memo in the hospital rooftop had been written by Mary.<
If that were the case, how'd I even come up w/ the idea? because it still makes perfect sense to me.

Doesn't get any more Alien Robot Dahlia than this, I'm afraid.

Lilith

Mind of Destructive Taste

Post by Lilith on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm

peachysakura24 wrote:Wait, the Mary stayed at Brookhaven thing is still a theory over here too? Wasn't it already confirmed by a member of Team Silent that she didn't in 2012? Did I miss something?

Yeah, I asked Ito about it and he confirmed it was wrong.
I cease to exist on the Christmas list

Alex Townshend

Post by Alex Townshend on Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:09 pm

There's a 98% chance Mary did not stay in Brookhaven, one of the most notable evidence against it is Mashiro Ito literally saying so.

https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/199429502789619712

If you want a good timeline, the Silent Hill Wiki has one:

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

What I like about using wikis for timeline is that you can click the reference and instantly find it.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill General Discussion