AlchemillaHsospital

How do you make YouTube content members only?

Talk about things of general interest here.
Annin_Tofu

How do you make YouTube content members only?

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I took a look, but it seems you first require 1000 followers, as well as a ridiculous amount of watched content to achieve eligibility. Right now, I believe it's 400 hours worth.

The reason I am interested in setting this up is because this creepy Australian parasite keeps harassing me online, so I thought it may deter the moron if he found out he was gonna be a made to pay to view subscriber.

He spams on forums about me, tags me on various sites, and subscribes to me on YohTube every week. Blocking users only prevents them from leaving comments. That's really about it. They can still see all of your activity.

Google doesn't make it clear on how you set all this up with just a basic account. I seriously consider YouTube and Google as a whole to be an unsafe and greedy, scummy corporation.
admin
Site Admin

Re: How do you make YouTube content members only?

Post by admin »

I think if you have enough subs and are a "partner" you can do members only stuff, but i'm not one so i'm not sure how it works really.

Pretty sure YouTube is designed to be as public as possible. You can do private videos but then you can only share them with direct links or something, you cant just have members. i would suggest something like Patreon or one of those sites like Wix or squarespace which have services for memberships.
Annin_Tofu

Re: How do you make YouTube content members only?

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Meh. I'm not good enough for any of that.

It's a very big issue with that guy being a stalker. He spammed all over anxietyforum.net and tried to impersonate me on Twitter, YouTube and Blogger. I'm sure that's a crime, but he doesn't live anywhere near me. The police were informed, but they wouldn't act on my complaint once I told them I don't reside in Perth.

Very immature guy for a 30 something year old, all the same.