AlchemillaHsospital

What Books Are You Reading?

Talk about things of general interest here.
Norus_Rebirthed

What Books Are You Reading?

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

I was going to make this thread in another part of the forum. Ah, what the hell.
Here's a thread to post what you're currently reading of have just read.

Well this year I've gone through Stephen King's "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" short stories collection.
The first story "Mile 81" seemed like a parody of his work at first. (A shape shifting carnivorous truck) But I soon got into the hang of it. It's not full on horror. The second story Premium Harmony" is about loss.
"Bad Little Kid" was my favourite. Would make a great film. But would have to be stretched out a bit.
"Afterlife" really stuck with me. A man dies and in an office can either go in the left door, relive their life over and make the same mistakes again and again. Or go through the right door and that's it. Never exist again.
Stephen King is bringing out a collection of more short stories this year, "You Want It Darker". In May.
I don't think I'll wait for the paperback on that one!
"Night Shift" is said to be his best short story collection. But I've seen adaptions of that in Creepshow and would prefer new, unadapted works.

I'm now currently reading Geddy Lee's autobiography "My Effin' Life". I've only heard the odd Rush album. Let's see if that turns around by the end.

I'd love to be reading a couple of books all at once. But I like immersing myself in them one at a time.
You might not! But at last SHC has a thread about books.
admin
Site Admin

Re: What Books Are You Reading?

Post by admin »

The Godfather by Mario Puzo. I went back and watched the films so now I'm reading the books for the first time.

Other than that:
https://amzn.to/4biEjnT
Lycanthropy and the Single Girl
by Fish, Dee Sarah (local author and comic book artist who does a comic about being trans in this shyte town)

https://amzn.to/3SJnMSl
First Principles: What America's Founders Learned from the Greeks and Romans and How That Shaped Our Country
by Thomas E. Ricks

Taking another class on Plato's Republic comparing it to current US gov't so I got this at the suggestion of a history professor guesting in that zoom class
Annin_Tofu

Re: What Books Are You Reading?

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I don't read books, but Box Office Story is a great blog. The guy does these charts for movies of the 1950s, etc. And I haven't seen that information anywhere else online.