AlchemillaHsospital

Resident Evil

Talk about things of general interest here.
Annin_Tofu

Re: Resident Evil

Post by Annin_Tofu »

For a lot of fans, RE8 has a very weak story. Like it made no sense for Chris to hold off letting Ethan know the truth right away. That was obviously deliberate, to pad out the gameplay and keep it all mysterious. But of course, the game got leaked months beforehand, so many people knew about Chris being undercover anyway.

I could understand the concept of RE7, as I think Capcom realized people were getting fed up with the more action focused sequels, so 7 is seen as a reboot, in a sense. But it felt like the story they made up for 7, was largely neglected in 8. I mean, they had established "the Connections" as the new villains, and we also don't know much about Blue Umbrella yet. This game could have delved more into that, but they decided to do mostly another standing on its own game. Although that's a fan term for the new Umbrella, because they're just simply referred to as Umbrella. But with Capcom, they can often take their time to reveal certain aspects of the plot, or they drip feed this in, very, very gradually.

RE8 unfortunately, doesn't even really reference anything from 7. Besides the Bakers. But anything else, they've chosen to ignore. And I also agree that the bosses in the game were very bizarre. I think the house with the giant baby thing following you was more like something that suited Silent Hill, and the rest of the game was mostly just a shoot and loot game like RE4, but not as interesting.

I can also do without the HORRIBLE, pointless spin off games. There hasn't been a great deal of GOOD side story games, but they could make one if they just made the right decisions.
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Rosemary is an incarnation of Eviee. I thought that was obvious.

In RE8, Eviee desired a family but couldn't understand why everyone hated and attacked her. (She waa programmed for love but made a bioweapon. Sorta tragic. ) she states this towards the end of the game.

The vaccines given didn't actually cure the infection. They just stopped Eveline from controlling them like Lucas. This is why Ethan was able to reattach his hand in 7 and 8.

But she is still in there and speaks to Ethan about when he died.
She contains memories and consciousness as explained in the memos. This was one of the reasond Miranda was using the mold to resurrect her daughter. Though her daughter was never infected and all previous attempts to make a vessel for her failed, until she saw Rosemary.

It's also a reason Rose was kidnapped since she is modified mold infection. In contrast, Evie's intent is far more benevolent than Mother Miranda and Rosemary is just Evie in a new form.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

If you read the memos in RE7 it was very obvious then that Ethan was infected.

The really crazy part of RE8 :cookie: was the fact that both Mia and Ethan were infected and ALLOWED to just move off to Europe and start a family like it was nothing. :lol:

Mother Miranda or not.

Still enjoyed the game and happy they wrapped up Ethans story.

IMO these RE "self-contained" stories is where the franchise needs to go. Especially after RE6.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well, even infected people have their rights to a "normal" life. :oops: