Femalic_Head25

A hotter version of Pyramid Head.

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Femalic_Head25 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Not sure how true this might be, but here goes nothing!

Cybil, the woman from the bar, Michelle, Lisa, Dahlia
REVEAL SPOILER
Anybody else noticed that Harry meets along with only girls during the game?
Not so sure about both Cybil and the Good Ol' Days woman, but could Michelle resemble Cheryl's lack of trust in men? Along with Harry's careless reactions around Michelle's stories of John?
Lisa. Harry started developing an intimate relationship really quick with Lisa. She'd just tell you everything about her life in a flash of a minute, while still not knowing you well! Kinky! Not to mention that if you had the sexual personality, you could see Lisa taking off her clothes from the mirror, while being in her house.
And for Dahlia, could it be that Cheryl, in some point of her life, realised that she born from a sexual relationship BEFORE marriage? If so, this means that Cheryl realised mens' monsterous sexual lust, therefore trying to avoid it through whatever means necessary. Oh! Not to mention the manifestions from the party in the woods, and other problems she had in highschool.

"How you conflicted about marriage"
REVEAL SPOILER
The spousal problems between Cheryl's parents could've caused confusions around her mind. Being a small, young girl when all that happened, this could've caused many illusions which consisted of whenever a man and a woman unite, troubles will take place.

"Abnormal sexuality"
REVEAL SPOILER
It's obvious here. In one way or another, Cheryl had sexual confusions. The Mike guy from highschool, the prom proposal, the party in the woods... you name it!

What's in the previous spoiler would lead us to: "Your troubled school days"
REVEAL SPOILER
This could be the turning point in Cheryl's sexual life. Her life in highschool, and all those experiences she went through could be what made her a lesbian.
Which what was in Cheryl's case, remember this glorious quote: "If you want to screw someone up, I'd say send them to highschool".
I lust for blood, killing, cutting, and for Pyramid Head.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 pm

The Lisa changing clothes things is interesting, but I always figured it was because you're playing as Harry and Cheryl imagines that as something he'd want to see (esp. if you get an ending where he's a womanizer).

Femalic_Head25 wrote:"How you conflicted about marriage"

There is nothing about being gay that means you are "conflicted" about marriage.
Femalic_Head25 wrote:"Abnormal sexuality"

Homosexuality is a minority sexuality, I suppose, but I doubt many gay people appreciate it being called "abnormal."
Femalic_Head25 wrote:"If you want to screw someone up, I'd say send them to highschool".

Also suggesting that being gay = being screwed up.

Femalic_Head25 wrote:all those experiences she went through could be what made her a lesbian.

Usually, women are lesbians because they are attracted to other women, not because they are mad at men.

With all that being said, it always seemed to me that she was heterosexual because it only referenced heterosexual relationships in her past, IIRC. The "abnormality," as I saw it, was referencing her looking for a father figure, being "frigid," doing things with older men, Elektra complex types of things, etc.
ImageImageImage

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Otherworld on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:23 pm

It's an interesting theory.

Funny too, as you believe you are playing as Harry ( a hetrosexual male ) Your choices could be seen as a person that prefers females as sexual partners .....

But in fact your Cheryl ....

what

From behind the veil

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by what on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 pm

The answer to this is the same answer to many other questions in this game: perhaps, but never necessarily. My impression of Cheryl was that she was not very interested in sex and most of her experiences weren't good, which could be the case if she is trying to be with men because of external pressure to do so.

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Princess Kenny on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Lesbian or not I love Cheryl in SHSM, More than any other.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Yeah, Cheryl is pretty rad.

I don't think we really have enough info on the matter, and the fact that you play as Harry sort of confuses the issue, I think.
ImageImageImage

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Otherworld on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Tell you the truth, although there may not be a ton of evidence to back up the theory. The imagery suggests whoever you are seems like they are turned on by females.

Femalic_Head25

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Femalic_Head25 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:04 am

I admit that being Cheryl in the game is what confused me about writing this theory, alongside the lack of evidence.

Wait... doesn't 'conflicted' mean that a person is confused whether to do a specific thing or not? If so, then I think Cheryl's sexuality is what made her conflicted about marriage. I even know someone in real life who got divorced days after his marriage, because of his gay sexuality.

I don't think it was revealed throughout the game that Cheryl was a homosexual. 'Abnormal' could mean whatever that's outside of being 'straight', even bisexuality.

I'm not trying to say that being gay means you're screwed up. I'm the kind of guy who supports all sexual behaviors. I was pointing to that her mentallity is what is screwed up. And her screwed up mentallity is what led her to get her sexuality screwed up.

Still, nur's idea of her being heterosexual is also possible.

Cheryl is really an interesting character. There might even be a lot more secrets to her than we think.

I'm a straight guy, incase that matters.

alenky

girl from outerspace

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by alenky on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:37 pm

ive always headcanoned alessa et al as gay i guess, bc i like them and they deserve to be happy and away from boys

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:10 pm

This is like the second topic on this subject, the last one was about Heather. She could be bi or a pansexual, which seems more likely. More specifically, her perceptions of sex have to do through the eyes of a child so it's difficult to ascertain. Children are oft experimental and not understanding of the emotional complexity or behaviors of sex.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:46 am

I've never really thought about the sexuality of the characters from Silent Hill games. Mainly because they've been too busy trying to survive Silent Hill!
I am aware of the need for all TV etc to ship people into relationships. But for a place like the Otherworld, sex is the last thing on your mind!

Heather: Hmm, that woman's hot. Maybe I should call her? Oh hang on. *BANG!*STOMP! Ah, I think I've ruined the moment...
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Rodox_Head on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:43 pm

What's with people thinking the Silent Hill characters are homosexual.

I've already seen allegations regarding Alex and Heather being gay, neither of which is true.

Evidence:
REVEAL SPOILER
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

alenky

girl from outerspace

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by alenky on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:24 pm

you can be asexual and still be lesbian.... > <

what

From behind the veil

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by what on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Julian Candy wrote:What's with people thinking the Silent Hill characters are homosexual.

I've already seen allegations regarding Alex and Heather being gay, neither of which is true.

I guess that even a fictional character may be the only one who'd really know for sure. It's harmless speculation anyhow.

Evidence:
REVEAL SPOILER
[/quote]

Mr. Hulletts saysthat the Electra Complex theory is, at least, compatible with the rest of the story. You've got art there which has a somewhat uncomfortable interpretation of it.

Femalic_Head25

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Femalic_Head25 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:04 am

Julian Candy wrote:What's with people thinking the Silent Hill characters are homosexual.

Evidence:
REVEAL SPOILER

I am already aware about the Heather theory, but this has nothing to do with Cheryl from SM. I am also already aware that
REVEAL SPOILER
Cheryl in in directly related to Heather.
But I'm talking about the Cheryl from SM, obviously because I posted this in the SM forums, and SM doesn't have anything to do with the main titles. It's just a reimagining, and this is just a theory.

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Rodox_Head on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:45 pm

I guess nobody caught on that my previous post was a joke.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

MuFc l mAtt

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 am

^It's been said many a time that sarcasm doesn't translate too well over the internet; I'd be the first to know. S*** can get real ugly. lol
-

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 am

Julian Candy wrote:
REVEAL SPOILER

I've never seen this post on the forum and it's the greatest thing I've ever seen! :flame: :D
No results found for oohfakanorus.

ashatteredmemory

Lost in the snow

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by ashatteredmemory on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Hmmm, I've always viewed her as straight, since some of the echo's heavily imply she has been in a or multiple relationships with guys. There are, as far as I know, no echo's which imply that Cheryl had any interests in girls. She hopes for relationships with guys who look like or are like her father. This is somewhat implied with Michelle (which is a perfect dream image Cheryl has for herself) being together with John, who eerily looks a lot like Harry.
However, her obsession with her father might cover up any other sexual tendencies she has.

P.S. "...what made her a lesbian." While I know women are more in flux concerning sexuality, i don't believe in 'becoming' a lesbian, gay, bisexual, ... you either are, or you aren't :P (coming from a gay guy)
"I told you, I'm not going back... so you might as well shoot me" - Murphy

Neurotic

Glitch Magnet

Cheryl... lesbian?

Post by Neurotic on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 am

I'm just gonna address the sexual preference part from the biological perspective, since you guys got the rest way beyond covered. :)

Sexual preference is a spectrum and regardless of where on that spectrum and individual places him/herself, it's NEVER an abnormality; it is a natural variation, and variety is what makes life as we know it possible. Homosexuality and/or bisexuality is not exclusive to humans, it occurs in vast number of species, here are two examples;

In Bonobo apes, sex is used for a number of things aside from reproduction, conflict resolution for example.

New Mexico Whiptail Lizards are exclusively lesbian due to the fact that there are no males in that specific species. They reproduce through Parthenogenesis(Asexual reproduction), yet they still engage in sexual activities with other females.

At worst it's a neutral trait occurrence and at best it's an evolutionary advantage. Regardless of which, it is still entirely natural.

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories