Silenthill4life

What ending you got and what you did (Spoilers)

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:47 pm

I haven't seen a thread like this for SH SM (so once again I apologise if there is one up already)

But I thought it would be fun if people post what ending they got and what they did to get that ending in their first playthrough

I got the wicked and weak ending and I wasn't aiming for any particular ending in my playthrough.

Basically all I did was answer the questionnaire honestly and partake in the therapy sessions honestly. I tried to be non-sexual. I also gave Lisa the right pills. I think what made me get this ending more so than anything was the fact that I deviated a lot from my objectives because I spent a lot of time exploring and "being distracted".

(I read afterwards that doing so will make you seem self-centred and hence more likely to get this ending, but exploring the town has always been one of my favourite parts of SH games)

As for the conversation between Cheryl and her dad I believe I got the one where she seems to be most accepting of her dad's death.

I would love to read about what you guys got.
Last edited by Silenthill4life on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 am.

PEACETALKER

Post by PEACETALKER on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:53 pm

I got the love lost ending. I was bummed and then after looking it up meant I got the best ending which was nice. I too answered honestly (even when it came to sexuality and stuff which I thought was going to nail me a worse ending) but alas.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 pm

PEACETALKER wrote:I got the love lost ending. I was bummed and then after looking it up meant I got the best ending which was nice. I too answered honestly (even when it came to sexuality and stuff which I thought was going to nail me a worse ending) but alas.

Sweet.
I heard you get this ending if you are family-orientated and focused on finding Cheryl. I wouldn't mind trying to get this ending in a future playthrough but I'd still always partake in the therapy sessions honestly.

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:37 am

Pretty much same as you, man.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Salah Talih

Post by Salah Talih on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Well, since Lost Love ending is the most common one, I got it in both my first and second playthroughs. I think what you must do is just 'be a perfect dad' and it means to care about the family stuff, mild sexuality and giving Lisa the right pills.

Though I've never heard about your ending, how did you get it? Can you be more specific, please?
Last edited by Salah Talih on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:39 pm.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Salah Talih wrote:Well, since Lost Love ending is the most common one, I got it in both my first and second playthroughs. I think what you must do is just 'be a perfect dad' and it means to care about the family stuff, mild sexuality and giving Lisa the right pills.

Though I've never heard about your ending, how did you get it? Can you be more specific, please?

No problem,
Wicked and Weak ending I think reflects a personality type that is introverted, shy and/or selfish. You also have to be asexual or be less inclined to the sexual content of the game.

How to get this ending is supposed to be quite random with many people (from what I've read online) complaining that they've tried many different approaches but have still not been able to get this ending, however I think what worked for me was not only having a shy personality but I spent a lot of time deviating from my main objective, exploring the town, leaving behind the companions (i.e Lisa or Michelle).

By doing so it shows you aren't focused on finding Cheryl, more interested in your own personal agenda and hence less of the family man shown in the love lost ending. It makes you seem quite selfish (but I've always loved exploring the settings).

However I also did certain things which you aren't supposed to do in order to get this ending, i.e. I gave Lisa the right pills, so in truth I don't know what the exact best method is to get this ending. Also I've only played it for that one playthrough.

Here's some more info:
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent ... d_Memories

Wicked and Weak: In Cheryl's parent's bedroom, Dahlia is seen violently slapping Harry several times. Dahlia berates Harry for not having enough money, calls his novels "shit" and tells him that he is a pathetic "dickless waste of space". The ending can be seen if the player tells Kaufmann that they are involved little in friendship, meaning they don't make friends easily, that it takes a while to get to know them, and related topics. It can also be achieved by acting rude to people, being distracted by trivial things, and being self-centered.

Salah Talih

Post by Salah Talih on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:47 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Salah Talih wrote:Well, since Lost Love ending is the most common one, I got it in both my first and second playthroughs. I think what you must do is just 'be a perfect dad' and it means to care about the family stuff, mild sexuality and giving Lisa the right pills.

No problem,
Wicked and Weak ending I think reflects a personality type that is introverted, shy and/or selfish. You also have to be asexual or be less inclined to the sexual content of the game.

How to get this ending is supposed to be quite random with many people (from what I've read online) complaining that they've tried many different approaches but have still not been able to get this ending, however I think what worked for me was not only having a shy personality but I spent a lot of time deviating from my main objective, exploring the town, leaving behind the companions (i.e Lisa or Michelle).

By doing so it shows you aren't focused on finding Cheryl, more interested in your own personal agenda and hence less of the family man shown in the love lost ending. It makes you seem quite selfish (but I've always loved exploring the settings).

However I also did certain things which you aren't supposed to do in order to get this ending, i.e. I gave Lisa the right pills, so in truth I don't know what the exact best method is to get this ending. Also I've only played it for that one playthrough.

Here's some more info:
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent ... d_Memories

Wicked and Weak: In Cheryl's parent's bedroom, Dahlia is seen violently slapping Harry several times. Dahlia berates Harry for not having enough money, calls his novels "shit" and tells him that he is a pathetic "dickless waste of space". The ending can be seen if the player tells Kaufmann that they are involved little in friendship, meaning they don't make friends easily, that it takes a while to get to know them, and related topics. It can also be achieved by acting rude to people, being distracted by trivial things, and being self-centered.

Thank you for your time, you really helped me out. :)
Last edited by Salah Talih on Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:23 am.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

Salah Talih wrote:
Thank you for your time, you really helped me out. :)

You're welcome,

Glad to have been useful for once!

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories