alessasfate

Posts: 1

Joined: Aug 31, 2014

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by alessasfate on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:57 am

I've played all the games and they are all very amazing with the exception of shattered memories. So disappointed...
 
 
 
 
 
 

devil hunter

Member

User avatar

Ghost

Posts: 6603

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by devil hunter on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:22 am

It would help if you explained why.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8703

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Xuchilbara on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:44 am

devil hunter wrote:It would help if you explained why.



We have a rule of quality discussions and posts. This is why Devilhunter has said this. Please, read DA RULES.

Image
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

SuperEliteGamer

Red Winged Angel

Posts: 18

Joined: Aug 29, 2014

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by SuperEliteGamer on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 am

She/he probably is overreacting over the fact it's not a "normal" SH game.
What did you expect? it's NOT a remake of the original,just an alternate take on it,a reimagination.
"Because only in Monster Hunter can I get annihilated by a Super Saiyan lion-bull that knows every ki attack from Street Fighter."
 
 
 
 
 

jam6i

Member

User avatar

Posts: 2339

Joined: Sep 28, 2011

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by jam6i on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:51 pm

I've heard all the arguments, and there really hasn't been a point or argument that convinced me that SM was actually a bad game. Sure, there are some quirks here and there...but not a single SH games is perfection. They all, every one of them, have flaws to varying degrees. But I've never heard a complaint or point that made me take a step back and completely reevaluate my beliefs about the quality of SM.

It'e be cool to hear your point or reason for why it was disappointing!
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.
 
 
 
 
 

DipDop

Member

User avatar

Posts: 429

Joined: Nov 25, 2013

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by DipDop on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I was blown away how much I liked it. I expected to hate it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

AgentSpike

User avatar

Posts: 43

Joined: Sep 02, 2014

Location: Argentina

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by AgentSpike on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:32 pm

Shattered Memories is the first Silent Hill game I played. I actually expected a lot more from it because I heard great things about the franchise. I thought it was a remake but it turned out to be a "reimagining."

Overall it's a decent game. It's not horrible so there's that. The UFO ending was awesome though.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Kivi

Member

Posts: 50

Joined: Sep 08, 2011

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Kivi on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:00 pm

What pisses me off mostly about SM is the huge amount of potential it held but totally wasted in pointless run away sequences.

SM had all the required elements to make it the best Silent hill game ever existed in a very long time! and why not! it has a brand new theme, a totally different way of looking at things and how the story progresses. it has characters which fit in, a realistic connection between reality and nightmare and the list goes on!
 
 
 
 
 
 

PEACETALKER

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1002

Joined: Sep 10, 2012

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by PEACETALKER on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 am

I get not liking the chase sequences. I really didn't care for them. That being said I enjoyed literally everything else about it that it's one of my favs
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN
 
 
 
 
 

Alex Townshend

Member

User avatar

Posts: 158

Joined: Oct 16, 2010

Location: Canada

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Alex Townshend on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:05 am

I loved it, and would love a sequel to it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Otherworld

Member

User avatar

I'm going to town either way ...

Posts: 6512

Joined: Oct 11, 2013

Location: Canada

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Otherworld on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

I really enjoyed it.
Last edited by Otherworld on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 am.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

Mercury

Member

User avatar

raging horny pussy slut

Posts: 2747

Joined: Aug 15, 2006

Location: United States

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Mercury on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 pm

I have yet to complete it because of my sheer hatred for the otherworld chase sequences (the puzzle parts are fun) and how blessed I am at encountering glitches. haha The exploration and exams are really fun though. I just wish there was more balance because it's the only game in the series that wards me away from it due to the gameplay.
ya fuckin rite
 
 
 
 
 

Xuchilbara

Moderator

User avatar

The Red God

Posts: 8703

Joined: Feb 21, 2006

Location: United States

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:10 am

It easy. Follow the big white splotches that stand out. What is right about that. The only time you don't is late in the game when they're intentionally trying to confuse you. You'll know when that part comes up, trust me.

I wasn't bothered by the chase sequences in SHSM. Simply because as a whole, a part of the bigger puzzle, it really fits the game. Upon completion that should be noticed.

The thing I was bothered by though that's rarely complained about is the gimmicky stuff using the Wii remote like rattling the cans. It's very useless and it's just meant to show off the game. I think it was one of the first things they showed off before they released it. So on PS2, the version I played, it does absolutely nothing for me.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)
 
 
 
 
 

PEACETALKER

Member

User avatar

Posts: 1002

Joined: Sep 10, 2012

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by PEACETALKER on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Purramid_Head wrote:It easy. Follow the big white splotches that stand out. What is right about that. The only time you don't is late in the game when they're intentionally trying to confuse you. You'll know when that part comes up, trust me.

I wasn't bothered by the chase sequences in SHSM. Simply because as a whole, a part of the bigger puzzle, it really fits the game. Upon completion that should be noticed.

The thing I was bothered by though that's rarely complained about is the gimmicky stuff using the Wii remote like rattling the cans. It's very useless and it's just meant to show off the game. I think it was one of the first things they showed off before they released it. So on PS2, the version I played, it does absolutely nothing for me.


Eh weird thing is I almost like the mundane aspect of shaking a can to find a key or whatever in the normal world. Would have been really great if they balanced it out with some actual puzzles in the frozen sections but were stuck with incredibly linear chase sequences.

Has anyone ever played Haunting Ground? Shit was tight and had a defenseless protagonist but it worked in that game because the chase stuff was interspersed with exploration, not sectioned off from one another.
From what I recall, had Alessa successfully spread the crest throughout the town, the God would've been obliterated, or warded off. Instead Harry stepped in post-God-birth and murderized the shit out of the God. - NarooN
 
 
 
 
 

Silenthill4life

Member

Posts: 1109

Joined: Jan 04, 2015

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Silenthill4life on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 am

In terms of gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, character design, etc - it's really good.

In terms of the story AND THE FACT THAT IT ISN'T IN THE SAME SH UNIVERSE! - not good...for me anyway.
Why? because it irritates me. I would loved to have had something that expanded on the existing SH universe. I don't want the franchise to turn into marvel or DC with Silent Hill 2099 featuring Harry Mason 2099, etc.
 
 
 
 
 

X-rust

User avatar

Posts: 43

Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by X-rust on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 am

Silenthill4life wrote:In terms of gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, character design, etc - it's really good.

In terms of the story AND THE FACT THAT IT ISN'T IN THE SAME SH UNIVERSE! - not good...for me anyway.
Why? because it irritates me. I would loved to have had something that expanded on the existing SH universe. I don't want the franchise to turn into marvel or DC with Silent Hill 2099 featuring Harry Mason 2099, etc.

What do you mean? SH:SM canonical within the SH universe. Analyze the story and carefully read developers interview.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

CrazyCatLady

Member

User avatar

Queen of Alien Relations

Posts: 5074

Joined: Sep 05, 2011

Location: United States

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by CrazyCatLady on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:43 am

X-rust wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:In terms of gameplay, graphics, soundtrack, character design, etc - it's really good.

In terms of the story AND THE FACT THAT IT ISN'T IN THE SAME SH UNIVERSE! - not good...for me anyway.
Why? because it irritates me. I would loved to have had something that expanded on the existing SH universe. I don't want the franchise to turn into marvel or DC with Silent Hill 2099 featuring Harry Mason 2099, etc.

What do you mean? SH:SM canonical within the SH universe. Analyze the story and carefully read developers interview.


No it's not. It's canon within its own universe. It takes place in an alternate universe. The fact that Alessa doesn't exist proves that. I also don't remember Harry being Cheryl's birth father, much less being married to Dahlia, in the main series. That never happened. They also never lived in Silent Hill for obvious reasons.
Image
 
 
 
 
 

PMS_Akali

Member

Posts: 220

Joined: Sep 22, 2014

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by PMS_Akali on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:09 pm

It felt really lazy and rushed, honestly. The chase sequences are probably one of the worst attempts at scary-ness or fun I've ever experienced from a game ever. I actually thought the game was gonna be terrible. My thoughts were: "Great, it wasn't enough that they had to ruin their own games, but now they had to take one the originals and ruin that, too."

Instead, I thought the story was arguably the best after the Team Silent games. Biggest complaints from me were chase sequences, puzzle were just shake your Wii mote, lack of enemies and combat, and no threat of danger. Also, I thought the ice world was gonna be similar to the Otherworlds from SH1 and 3. Instead, they're just lame "ice cube things".

This game has too many problems, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

X-rust

User avatar

Posts: 43

Joined: Aug 08, 2011

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by X-rust on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Nutmeg wrote:No it's not.

Yes, it is:
"Tomm: As I said in the last interview, SM is just as canonical as any entry in the series. It goes perfectly with the “bad” ending of SH1"

The fact that Alessa doesn't exist proves that.

Alessa doesn't but Cheryl does. Can't you notice all the references and similarities?

I also don't remember Harry being Cheryl's birth father,

He is not. I'm sure you can show me photo of Harry and Cheryl in maternity hospital. Oh wait, you can't. I wonder why..

much less being married to Dahlia

Cheryl thought that Harry's wife name was Dahlia. It is a big difference here.

They also never lived in Silent Hill for obvious reasons.

I agree with you, cos they lived in Portland. Thats why after murder in Toluca Mall Cheryl was arrested by the Portland's officers.
Image
Image
 
 
 
 
 

CrazyCatLady

Member

User avatar

Queen of Alien Relations

Posts: 5074

Joined: Sep 05, 2011

Location: United States

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by CrazyCatLady on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm

X-rust wrote:
Nutmeg wrote:No it's not.

Yes, it is:
"Tomm: As I said in the last interview, SM is just as canonical as any entry in the series. It goes perfectly with the “bad” ending of SH1"

The fact that Alessa doesn't exist proves that.

Alessa doesn't but Cheryl does. Can't you notice all the references and similarities?

I also don't remember Harry being Cheryl's birth father,

He is not. I'm sure you can show me photo of Harry and Cheryl in maternity hospital. Oh wait, you can't. I wonder why..

much less being married to Dahlia

Cheryl thought that Harry's wife name was Dahlia. It is a big difference here.

They also never lived in Silent Hill for obvious reasons.

I agree with you, cos they lived on Portland. Thats why after murder in Toluca Mall Cheryl was arrested by the Portland's officers.


Except for the fact that the bad ending to 1 isn't canon. Ito, as well as subsequent SH games in the series, confirmed the Good ending to be canon. Therefore, SM is not. If you actually paid attention to what Tomm says, he states it's just as canonical within its own universe , a universe where the bad ending to 1 is canon. That is what he means. He's not saying it's officially canon within the main series as that's been proven untrue. You're misinterpreting what he's saying.
Last edited by CrazyCatLady on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:30 pm.
Image
 
 
 
Next


Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest