Silenthill4life

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with this game??

Post by Silenthill4life on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:14 am

what wrote:I have to say that, personally, I don't care for the idea that Shattered Memories follows the Bad ending. The premises and the character backstories are almost entirely incompatible.

I don't think it does for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. It could be possible...that his vision of Alessa when he crashes the car at the start is just a hallucination.

Also when he sees officer Cybil when he is driving to Silent Hill, if he crashed his car surely she would have attended to the wreckage given her close proximity. She would have remembered he died at that point in time, therefore when SM Harry Mason meets Cybil at the diner she should have remembered him... but I guess it's been a long period of time.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:54 am

Whoa..i'm getting confused reading these comments. People just need to keep SM and SH1 as separate storylines...neither timeline is connected at all. They exist in completely different universes...think about how in the comic book superhero world where multiple realities exist...it's on that level.

Furthermore going on SM universe, there is no supernatural element to be had, so the game really is a one trick pony...unless you want to try to to come up with a cheap way to include some supernatural element to it, then you might as well create a game within the original universe.
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 am

^It was Tomm that stated that, not us.

PMS_Akali

Post by PMS_Akali on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 am

devil hunter wrote:I'm not sure if I understand that.
REVEAL SPOILER
She IS the main character.

Sorry, I meant actually in control of her exploring the town, physically going through it.

Silenthill4life wrote:Me personally I don't agree. The heather from SH3 was the exact opposite of the one from SM. The last place SH3 heather will be is in a therapist's office. She was a headstrong badass with no fear and a rambo attitude. The SM Heather was a discredit to the identity of the true, canonical Heather.

I agree. The characters outside of maybe Harry in one ending are jokes compared to their original selves. I was just surprised that even with the butchering of Heather in SM, I still liked her. Would be interesting to see that Heather running around the game with all her issues.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Well, it is a reimagining, characters ARE supposed to be totally different, otherwise, what's the point of doing something like that in the first place?

X-rust

Post by X-rust on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 pm

PMS_Akali wrote:Sorry, I meant actually in control of her exploring the town, physically going through it.

PMS_Akali wrote:Would be interesting to see that Heather running around the game with all her issues.

That was main reason for me to make a novel where Cheryl is a main character. Did all you ever notice that Harry and Cheryl have the same cloth appearance?

what

From behind the veil

Post by what on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Hold on. From wtf are those images on the right?

X-rust

Post by X-rust on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:19 pm

what wrote:Hold on. From wtf are those images on the right?

From my SH:SM visual novel as I wrote before

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Nutmeg wrote:^It was Tomm that stated that, not us.

Tomm also said Pyramid Head was unique to James Sunderland but that contravenes the notion of PH being part of the town's lore as an icon for punishment/execution.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:41 am

That's irrelevant here because Shattered Memories is his game.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:27 am

Nutmeg wrote:That's irrelevant here because Shattered Memories is his game.

Yes you are right

Pyramid_Heart

Post by Pyramid_Heart on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 am

Shattered Memories is not Tomm's story, though.

Pyramid Head as a monster belongs to James. The real thing he's based on does not. Just like Maria belongs to James, but Mary was still a real person, as was a person named Maria.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 am

Pyramid_Heart wrote:Shattered Memories is not Tomm's story, though.

Pyramid Head as a monster belongs to James. The real thing he's based on does not. Just like Maria belongs to James, but Mary was still a real person, as was a person named Maria.

He's the producer of SM and yeah you are right about PH belonging to James and the concept of the executioner/punisher (which PH is based off) being part of the lore of the town.

Perhaps this is what Tom meant in the interview where he said PH belongs to James only.
Thank you for pointing this out to me!

X-rust

Post by X-rust on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:35 am

Pyramid_Heart wrote:Pyramid Head as a monster belongs to James.

We need some remark here. "Red Pyramid Thing" belong to James. "Pyramid Head" in general belongs to town's culture and Climax mention it in Origins:
Look at the PH picture in Dahlia house and Bill Ortega's sketch-art in theater. Also we have PH picture in the church (Silent Hill 3).

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:43 am

X-rust wrote:
Pyramid_Heart wrote:Pyramid Head as a monster belongs to James.

We need some remark here. "Red Pyramid Thing" belong to James. "Pyramid Head" in general belongs to town's culture and Climax mention it in Origins:
Look at the PH picture in Dahlia house and Bill Ortega's sketch-art in theater. Also we have PH picture in the church (Silent Hill 3).

Yes you are certainly right

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:42 am

I've stumbled into the pages of the thread where it suddenly goes on about SH2! :lol:

But to the OP, I admit I don't replay or play this game a lot. I really should as I'd get into it a lot more. I enjoyed the first play of it. And it has the best graphics of the PS2's Silent Hill titles.
But if it was a choice, I'd probably play 4: The Room, Origins or Homecoming.
It's certainly the game that makes you think more about the puzzles though. There's things in the game to cancel out the extreme disappointment for me.
No results found for oohfakanorus.

CrazyCatLady

Queen of Alien Relations

Post by CrazyCatLady on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:05 pm

It is still his game. If he confirms something about it, then that's the way it is. Simply put.

Lilith

Mind of Destructive Taste

Post by Lilith on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Nutmeg wrote:

It is still his game. If he confirms something about it, then that's the way it is. Simply put.
Purramid_Head wrote:This concept of PH not being exclusive to James was fairly early in development. Otherworld already touched upon this but in order to get a clearer picture of Silent Hill's back story it's nessecery to look at Sato's interview to understand the Valtiel/ V sect and Pyramid Head being intricately tied to the town:
CG: The first two SH episodes are still very dearly remembered by many who have not forgotten the important role played by the series in the evolution of videogames. With its complex narrative, both games provided unique insights on a desolate town, not unlike so many others across the interior North-America. To those played the games through, the name Silent Hill acquired an intricate and ambiguous significance: as a powerful and mind-bending metaphor, what does it mean to you?

SATO: I made it so that the look of the town touches audiences in a deeper level. So it might be connected to my nostalgic memories, but I am not really sure. I tried to depict a town that is desolated, filled with sorrow yet you cannot stop loving it.

Here is back story of the town. I filled many logical holes we had in SH1.

The place Silent Hill is used to be the place of execution, away from cities. That was secret and sacred place. Heinous criminals are transferred to that place and get executed. That place existed only for that reason. Thus all village people are executioners or family of executioners. Executioners needed to wear a mask at the event so they do not directly witness their spear when it was piercing flesh. Time have past, only memory of execution lingered, got enhanced and formed the roaming illusion of Silent Hill. Pyramid head is distorted memory of the executioners.

(1)
I cease to exist on the Christmas list

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:23 am

what wrote:I have to say that, personally, I don't care for the idea that Shattered Memories follows the Bad ending. The premises and the character backstories are almost entirely incompatible.

Yeah, I know in SM Harry is married to Dahlia but if SH1 Harry was married to the Dahlia of SH1... :?

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Silenthill4life wrote:

Yeah, I know in SM Harry is married to Dahlia but if SH1 Harry was married to the Dahlia of SH1... :?

I wouldn't be surprised...maybe Dahlia would have used that black magic in the bedroom.... :shock: .... :pirate:
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories