Silenthill4life

Worst soundtrack? Worst soundtrack.

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:28 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:I haven't played SM yet, but from what I've heard of the soundtrack it sounds pretty solid... Not the best (The Room), but far from the worst (Downpour).

I agree. Room had the best soundtrack in my opinion too and Downpour had the worst one too. I did like one track from downpour though:

I thought this track definitely added to the creepiness of the town when you were exploring it

Pieramid_Head

The Pie to Rule All the Pyramids

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:19 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:I haven't played SM yet, but from what I've heard of the soundtrack it sounds pretty solid... Not the best (The Room), but far from the worst (Downpour).

I agree. Room had the best soundtrack in my opinion too and Downpour had the worst one too. I did like one track from downpour though:

I thought this track definitely added to the creepiness of the town when you were exploring it

Wow, never heard that track before... I don't really remember it. For a game that wasn't all that scary, this track is pretty unnerving and creepy.
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:27 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:

Wow, never heard that track before... I don't really remember it. For a game that wasn't all that scary, this track is pretty unnerving and creepy.

You hear it when you are exploring the town and the dynamic, intense part (around the middle of the track) happens when it starts to rain which results in the screamers become more prolific and aggressive.
Last edited by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:23 am.

Pieramid_Head

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:37 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:

You hear it when you are exploring the town and it the dynamic, intense part (around the middle of the track) happens when it starts to rain which results in the screamers become more prolific and aggressive.

Interesting, I don't have any recollection of the track at all... That's too bad too, as it's a pretty good track. I think that Daniel Licht is a very good composer, I just think that he wasn't quite right for Silent Hill. But that's just me.
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:40 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:

You hear it when you are exploring the town and it the dynamic, intense part (around the middle of the track) happens when it starts to rain which results in the screamers become more prolific and aggressive.

Interesting, I don't have any recollection of the track at all... That's too bad too, as it's a pretty good track. I think that Daniel Licht is a very good composer, I just think that he wasn't quite right for Silent Hill. But that's just me.

Yeah I saw an interview of him on youtube regarding his position as composer of the game and he admitted wanting to have a distinct, unique style and that it was going to be hard to do that and do a good job at the same time given Akira's strong reputation.

He definitely did have a unique touch.

Pieramid_Head

Post by Pieramid_Head on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:38 am

Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:
Pieramid_Head wrote:I agree. Room had the best soundtrack in my opinion too and Downpour had the worst one too. I did like one track from downpour though:

Yeah I saw an interview of him on youtube regarding his position as composer of the game and he admitted wanting to have a distinct, unique style and that it was going to be hard to do that and do a good job at the same time given Akira's strong reputation.

He definitely did have a unique touch.

Even though I think Akira is a better composer, and knows the feel that Silent Hill music should have, I still appreciate that they kind of tried to shake things up, and even though Downpour had the worst soundtrack of the series imo, it was still decent and unique.
There was a PIE here.
It's PYRAMID now.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories